Dundee -V- ICT : cup final thread

Scotty

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was at the game today and i've got to admit Caley were playing like a spl teams at times during the first half, the passing was immense, some of the link up play was outstanding and Caley showed a little bit of bite in defence for a change

imo the main problem for caley is that they couldn't believe they were 2-0 up and to be honest cruising, Terry wasn't sure that making a change at half time would improve the team.

Caley couldn't afford to defend for 45 minutes against dundee formidable striking options but unfortunately they did, and were beaten for it.

But, from where i was standing the 2nd and 3rd goals from dundee were slightly dubious offside goals IMO

But, after today i think the future is bright for caley, they kicked the long ball tactic for most of the game and caley need to prove that they can fight back and show there true metal

come on terry, remember england v sweden thats the fight you need to reinstate into the players

Aye nae bother Georgeios, I just thought, here's Georgeios again, you cannae slag off Russell today, it's just nit-picking. Peace and love man :rolleyes:

AAAhhhh you just made me say, he wasnt pish.... dame you Mantis!!! lol

Aye dame me :rolleyes:

Actually I think that was a hard blow for the players to take and I worry now how they can rise to it on Boxing Day. They gave everything they had today and most of our 'fans' couldn't even stay to see them get their medals.

Dundee are a very good side IMO and that was them playing dire and booed off at HT.

The first half was like watching a Pele team again but I don't think we can lift it like that too many times and even at that, TB always gets found out in the second half.

Enjoying the season but roll on summer and a new management team like BW and 10CC.

Should've had the game wrapped up by half time. Best performance I've seen from us in a good few years. Hayes was outstanding.

Then all we had to do was be tight for the first 10 mins of the second half, and the game was ours. How fecking bad were we in doing that!!

Not sure why everyone keeps having a go at Bully. Our two most experienced players on the park, Tokely and Golabek, were fecking woeful. They're the ones who stood off and let the crosses come in, and it was obvious Dundee were targetting Tokelys lack of pace in the second half.

We were losing the midfield battle in the second half so I can see why Cox was brought on. But it should've been Foran hooked, not Sanchez. Danny was having a great game up til that point.

We gifted them that game, after being so far on top in the first half.

On the plus side....it was a great game!

Mantis, it would have been the normal home fans that do exactly the same, that had a day out hunting the glory of a win.... i notice it at every home game.. i try not to get wound up by it now adays...

Very dissappointing. The first half was possibly the best ive ever seen caley thistle play. We could have been 5-0 up easily. In the second half we came down like a tonne of bricks. We were useless. We struggled to get anywhere near their box. Our defence was woeful in the second half. As for Imrie he is pathetic. He's absolutely useless. Runs around like a headless chicken. He needs to be offloaded ASAP.

Just back... Absolutely feckin superb in the first half, best ive saw us play in years not one player played badly. What was the half-time team talk, I would love to know. Second half was a disaster, Tokely and Golly 2 great servants to the club but their best years are behind them we won't win this league with that backline. Why was Sanchez subbed? Cox is woeful. From my point of view Duncan and once again Proctor were out best players. Rooney ran his ass off. IF we can sort out or backline we are in with a chance but it all depends on January... Roll on Partick

The game that epitomised the two halves of the ICT team.

1st half, fantastic flowing football, and playing it into feet.

2nd half we sit back, and punt the ball up the park to players with no pace and very little prowess in the air.

Seems crazy, I have no idea whether this is Butcher's idea of whether the players just lose the heart and their heads.

Our experienced players today were not good enough in the 2nd half. Golly is a liability against the better teams, I've been saying for while that we need Lionel back. Golly was a cracking defender in his day, but now he is too slow to catch up with the likes of Harkins (who, if I remember rightly, set up all three goals and was up against Golly the entire game).

Roscoe was really poor, especially with his deliveries into the box. Strange decision by Butcher to leave the two subs until the last minute, when it was clear that we weren't even going to get a shot on target, let alone a goal, from the moment that Dundee scored.

Overall, 1 great half and an indication of what we could do in the 1st division, then a complete capitulation and poor tactics and an indication of how poor we can be. Disappointing, probably our day in the sun this season, and hopefully it convinced a few who were dismissing the cup to treat it more seriously next year.

Mantis, it would have been the normal home fans that do exactly the same, that had a day out hunting the glory of a win.... i notice it at every home game.. i try not to get wound up by it now adays...

Utterly bizarre these people. Why bother turning up to start with if you don't intend to wait for the final result.

Utterly bizarre these people. Why bother turning up to start with if you don't intend to wait for the final result.

Maybe they saw the way the game was going to finish and realised we were never going to score .

Just back, had my curry and I still cannae believe that we lost that. First half - thanks ICT that's the best I've seen in years. Big memory is of Grantie lining up a "hoof" that was actually a pass to sanchez that xabi alonso might have made.Rooney was awsome, Proctor brilliant, but actually every one of them was excellent. Second half, to be fair they changed it and turned the tables big time, anf d we didn't have anyone on field who could react to that but on balance this was a game with nothing in it. Who was saying we were subdued? I've never heard Inverness fans singing "It's just like watching Brazil" and maintaining a sense of humour despite the harrasment of the stewards and polis. Looking at that, it's one of these two sides that are going up and if we add wisely to the squad in January (please Mr. S) then it might just be us.

Good craic on HMS Sneck as well.

I've just had the dubious honour of writing the match report, which should be posted soon I hope.

What upsets me is that Dundee did not play particularly well in the second half, but managed to rip us to shreds. Considering the position we were in at half-time and the performance up to that point, the final result is nothing short of catastrophic. Frankly, too many players thought it was won at 2-0, and most of them could have done with a concrete injection into their spine in the second half.

I'm absolutely gutted. How on earth do we recover from a setback like that?

As for Imrie, rumour has it that he's been telling everyone he can that he's leaving us for Hamilton in January. On today's events, I say good riddance.

What upsets me is that Dundee did not play particularly well in the second half, but managed to rip us to shreds.

Im about to say something profound, and totally original, which am quite proud of.

In the first half, we gave Dundee a footballing lesson. In the second half, they gave us a lesson in football!

And once again there's Rooney. Besides his goal he does nowt.

Well it's obvious that you weren't at the game today. I was and can assure you that Rooney did not "do nowt". He ran all over the place and would have been my second choice for MOM (after Hayes).

That 1st half performance actually made me proud of the team I support, it was the best I've seen us play in years. I just hope terry keeps ahold of those rockets he stuck up their arses for next week. We dominated much more in the 1st half than they did in the second, and the game shoudl really have been over by then. But it wasn't and they ended up scoring more goals, so fair play. Besides the defence we can't take anything but positives out of today.

Edit: Hayes - you fecking beauty. Imrie's sending off basicly sums up his all attitude, in a huff after not starting so makes his mark. Lets hope he's played his last game.

Edited by Iain

And once again there's Rooney. Besides his goal he does nowt.

Well it's obvious that you weren't at the game today. I was and can assure you that Rooney did not "do nowt". He ran all over the place and would have been my second choice for MOM (after Hayes).

and in the same breath that Esson lad did nothing eather just stood there he was lucky if he ran more than 18 yards at anyone time.. Forward that scores.... God Forgive!!!

Imrie should also get to sweary word big time and im glad others are starting to see him for what i did at the end of last season.... hes a wanabe, and to be honest its his Ego writing cheques his body cant cash...

Edited by Georgeios

and in the same breath that Esson lad did nothing eather just stood there he was lucky if he ran more than 18 yards at anyone time.. Forward that scores.... God Forgive!!!

LOL too true!. How about putting in Imrie at GK. He'd be running about everywhere - mostly to pick the ball out of the net mind you.

I would have to agree about Roonster. I noticed the off the ball work he put in this afternoon. but do think Odi should have come on from about the 70th min for the chance for fresh legs to run the dundee defence ragged. However...it never happened. I felt our weakest link today, by quite some margin was tokley! How many times did he gift Dundee the ball. We just need to learn how to continue the momentum throught the game.

This may be a first! The train just arrived from in Inverness from Perth was met by police, and a passenger arrested. Not one of the fans, but an unconnected drunk woman.

That was feckin hilarious, made my day! :D She asked me to open her bottle for her even though it was empty and had no lid on it..

Hooruva mess she was in.

maintaining a sense of humour despite the harrasment of the stewards and polis.

On that note...

Could I put out an FAO for a woman I've seen on a lot of away days and ST events, who took the Number of a policeman who ejected me. Would like to get in touch with Tayside Polis, so if said woman sees this then her help would be obliged. :D