FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ian Black

Guest CaleyJaggy

Although I'm really happy that its looking likely that Ian will sign the extension, remember Petrov??  Not to put a downer on it but he signed a new 5 (?) year deal in January! 

I really hope we get the services of Ian Black for a few more seasons as I think he is a cracking player and can only get better, I'm sure that if he plays well for us he will get noticed by the Scotland manager and hopefully become a regular.

Clicky

I'd prefer that we waited until he has actually signed before announcing it to the press, I thought we would have learnt after all the bother with signing Rankin.

Looks like good news, no matter if Black leaves the club for pastures "greener" at least we will now receive a fee that matches our evaluations

Black's mind certainly seemed to be wandering when I saw him today - pressed the button for the Pelican Crossing, sat in a wee world of his own as the wee green man came and went then decided to cross the road.  :015:

Black's mind certainly seemed to be wandering when I saw him today - pressed the button for the Pelican Crossing, sat in a wee world of his own as the wee green man came and went then decided to cross the road.  :015:

he probably noticed you were following him and was trying to confuse you!! :003:

Ach, just amnother late "tackle"  :sleep01:

Guest cantbeatus

"Ian can see a future at this club and he has the potential to go on to a really big club in the future".   :015:

Arabs are obsessed with size,it comes from decades of living in the shadows of their bigger neebors  :001:

You should know, the dees have been living in the shadow of their bigger neebors for 3 decades now.

I'd be extremely bitter if we were once the big team and had been overtaken & over shadowed to remain the wee team for ever.  :004:

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

THE CRY WAS CALEY THISTLE

BLACKIE MUST STAY

WE LIKE IT THAT WAY

AND BREWSTER KNOWS

WHERE HE CAN GO

(soz for the caps but im singing and a shouting as loud as I can)

Go on yersel Blackie put the pen to paper stay for one more season and maybe another half then the worlds is yer oyster

Clicky

I'd prefer that we waited until he has actually signed before announcing it to the press, I thought we would have learnt after all the bother with signing Rankin.

Looks like good news, no matter if Black leaves the club for pastures "greener" at least we will now receive a fee that matches our evaluations

It's a week later now and still he hasn't signed. Why do we release this kind of stuff to the press?  :006:

Its psy-ops by CC, you know, leak interest and plans to the press and it will put a bit pressure on the player, seems to work, there's another manager i think tries this tactic....

Anyway if anyone see's Blackie in the street, chuck him a biro..

I think it's intended to put off predators.

Fair enough it puts off the teams interested but what about 1) The fans who think that a player is about to sign a contract which he was meant to have signed about 3 months ago and 2) The player himself who is now being put under pressure by the manager or the team to sign as people will now expect him to do so.

IMHO not a smart move by ICT.