FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Today's News

Johnboy

I think the Chinese were just trying to sent out a message to a lot of governments. I thought it was a bit brutal they didn't hand over his remains. Apparently he was buried in the city where the execution took place in an unmarked grave.

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone see anything of our former leader facing up to his war crimes before the Chilcot Inquiry?

What an absolute farce!

Tony Bliar managed to turn what had promised to be a Spanish Inquisition into a platform for promoting himself, by suggesting that thanks to him, the world is now a safer place! He must have had a say in as to who was appointed to the Chilcot team, judging by the questions he was asked. The security costs to stage this farce have already run into millions, paid for by us tax payers of course.

It also costs around 6 million a year just to keep Blair and his family secure, as they go about their day to day lives.

No regrets or sympathy were expressed by him to all, or to any of those who lost their lives in Iraq.... He even went as far as to outline his thoughts on how Iran would be handled - if - God forbid - he was still in charge.

Edited by Johnboy

Johnboy your dead right there, what a complete lot of crap all this affair is, must be costing millions, yet at the end of the day what will it achieve, naff all me thinks.

In my opinion this is just another political correct lot of crap to appease the minority groups and do gooders of this world.

The government of the time made their choice for whatever reason, rightly or wrongly the normal people of this country/world will never have a say in it.

Any wrong doing will be covered up i am sure.

As for Blair i have heard alot of good things and alot of bad things over the years, at the end of the day that guy and his missus live in a completely different world to most of us, as do most high profile politicians, I rest my case!!

Did anyone see anything of our former leader facing up to his war crimes before the Chilcot Inquiry?

What an absolute farce!

Tony Bliar managed to turn what had promised to be a Spanish Inquisition into a platform for promoting himself, by suggesting that thanks to him, the world is now a safer place! He must have had a say in as to who was appointed to the Chilcot team, judging by the questions he was asked. The security costs to stage this farce have already run into millions, paid for by us tax payers of course.

It also costs around 6 million a year just to keep Blair and his family secure, as they go about their day to day lives.

No regrets or sympathy were expressed by him to all, or to any of those who lost their lives in Iraq.... He even went as far as to outline his thoughts on how Iran would be handled - if - God forbid - he was still in charge.

Spot on Johnboy. This corrupt English Government are the first to condemn other governments. The sad thing is many people will believe Tony Blair. Successive English governments have always had a history of corruption. Why are people so binkered?

What I really wanted to ask Blair is "why us?". It's always Britain at war with someone else. I know part of the argument is to keep on the US's good side but I doubt if Ireland, Sweden, etc suffered from too many sanctions from staying out of it. We're no longer the superpower of old. Turkey doesn't go on about how great the Ottoman Empire was, so why does the UK seem to feel that this little country of ours is something above everyone else because of what we were a century or more ago?

I met a renowned pyschologist or psychiatrist (can't remember) on safari once. He's practised in Europe, the UK and Africa but said he's never known a more violent set of people than the Scots and Northern English. He was saying that when most people get mentally ill (normally depression), they just go and sit in a room and cry. Whereas our crowd, get ridiculously violent!

Govt to cut numbers smoking in half

Great news. I'm glad that governments can make such difficult decisions about other people's lives and choices.

I do think that the anti-smoking frenzy our legislators drive themselves into is borne from a lack of things to do. The Scottish Parliament is going to ban displaying cigarettes in shops, despite there being little evidence of this reducing sales of fags, and are going to ban cigarette vending machines.

Oh dear the Govt, has a pressing issue to deal with , to smoke or not??

I know the dangers of smoking, the resultant hype etc:, but at the end of the day people have the right to choose, not to be told, by an inept Govt, more concerned about lamenting about expenses etc,

What about the two people held by Somalia pirates , the Govt seem to be doing Feck all, perhaps if those hostages had been caught smoking Govt might jave come up with a quicker response

Edited by latviaman

I met a renowned pyschologist or psychiatrist (can't remember) on safari once. He's practised in Europe, the UK and Africa but said he's never known a more violent set of people than the Scots and Northern English.

Was he Southern English by any chance?

I met a renowned pyschologist or psychiatrist (can't remember) on safari once. He's practised in Europe, the UK and Africa but said he's never known a more violent set of people than the Scots and Northern English.

Nope, Dutch.

Nope, Dutch.

What do they know?

Spot on Johnboy. This corrupt English Government are the first to condemn other governments. The sad thing is many people will believe Tony Blair. Successive English governments have always had a history of corruption. Why are people so binkered?

Wouldnt Corrupt Government be a better way to put it, after all the Scottish Government are just as Corrupt...

Govt to cut numbers smoking in half

Great news. I'm glad that governments can make such difficult decisions about other people's lives and choices.

I do think that the anti-smoking frenzy our legislators drive themselves into is borne from a lack of things to do. The Scottish Parliament is going to ban displaying cigarettes in shops, despite there being little evidence of this reducing sales of fags, and are going to ban cigarette vending machines.

In more smoking related news, the number of cigarettes sold last year in the UK rose for the first time in 40 years. I look forward to our government wielding the ban-hammer as a result of this affrontary from British citizens, the ungrateful wretches!

hehe, I'm an ex smoker... 4 months now, Still miss it and could at any moment move back over the the dark side... Smokers smell awsome!!

When i smoked and got the tuts and the likes i pointed out that the amount of tax I paid was helping shore up the Goverments Coffers, and I would die early and quickly this not costing that much, Its the health clean livers that live long (long term cost on NHS Keeping them going) and they lose the marbles and cost more long term in home helps and medication for there marbles losing.... so Smokers actually benifit the UK more then non smokers!!