Official - County game is OFF

strathyjags

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This does bring up the matter of why bother making the pitch playable and spending money turning on USH if the police can call off the game all by themselves? I am not just focusing on ICT here but a few of the SPL games the other weekend had playable pitches but it was the police who called the game off due to concerns about road conditions.

Why did the club not at least question the Police? AFAIK they cant actually stop the game going ahead, only 'advise' and their advising for an easy life like the with the farcical cancellation of last nights Highland Hogmanay party in the Northern Meeting park. About time someone had the guts to stand up to the police for we do not live in a police state.

It was inevitable the game would be postponed with the amount of snow thats fallen and with the amount thats forecast . The roads are in a terrible state and public safety must come first . This decision comes as no surprise to me .

What nonsense. People have spent money and time to get here for the Hogmanay Party last night and the football tomorrow. The pitch almost certainly can got playable and that should be the deciding factor, wind or temperature are not going to be issues.

As for snow cover on roads and pavements, that should be an individuals decision as to whether they go out in such conditions or not. Northern Police need a collective kick up the arse after the last 24 hours.

I wasn't referring to the party . If you think putting the safety of the travelling fans first is nonsense then thats your view but spare a thought for our further flung fans that would have been travelling up the A9 and A96 in these conditions .

People need to get a grip, otherwise it's "Scotland: Closed for Winter". These fans don't have to travel, just because a game is on you don't have to go to it, it's their decision whether they wish to travel, but those that do want to go tomorrow now don't have that option. Many people have now wasted money thanks to the police.

Edited by skifreak

It would be shear folly for the club to ignore the advice of the police. If they were to do that and anyone so much as slipped and bruised their butt trying to get to the game then they would be crucified for it. Better to have a few people put out than risk safety.

I wasn't referring to the party . If you think putting the safety of the travelling fans first is nonsense then thats your view but spare a thought for our further flung fans that would have been travelling up the A9 and A96 in these conditions .

Like Northern Constabulary you need to get a grip, otherwise it's "Scotland: Closed for Winter".

With the A9 being shut for large parts of yesterday it nearly was the Highlands shut for winter . Seriously though you cant expect people to travel hundreds of miles in dangerous conditions merely to see a game of football :music03:

Whilst gutted that the game is not going ahead, this is the right call.

Not all ICT fans live in the centre of town & can walk to the game. The amount of snow that has fallen in the last 36 hours makes this a no brainer. You dont really get the full effect of the snow in the city centre & its only when you venture outwith that you see how difficult the conditions are. We now have over 18 inches in Milton of Leys & it's still snowing hard.

It is a shame that some peoples plans have been disrupted but look at the bigger picture, safety will always be bigger than football. That's life.

Have a wee dram & enjoy the rest of the New Year. Cheers.

Absolutely the correct decision, there is a lot of snow in North Kessock and the untreated roads are almost impassable.

I don't think you will have many supporters for this one Mr freak

It was inevitable the game would be postponed with the amount of snow thats fallen and with the amount thats forecast . The roads are in a terrible state and public safety must come first . This decision comes as no surprise to me .

What nonsense. People have spent money and time to get here for the Hogmanay Party last night and the football tomorrow. The pitch almost certainly can got playable and that should be the deciding factor, wind or temperature are not going to be issues.

As for snow cover on roads and pavements, that should be an individuals decision as to whether they go out in such conditions or not. Northern Police need a collective kick up the arse after the last 24 hours.

Like the Murphys....hes not bitter! :music03:

Like Northern Constabulary you need to get a grip, otherwise it's "Scotland: Closed for Winter".

With the A9 being shut for large parts of yesterday it nearly was the Highlands shut for winter . Seriously though you cant expect people to travel hundreds of miles in dangerous conditions merely to see a game of football :music03:

The A9 was NOT shut for large parts of yesterday. It was shut periodically at Drumossie Brae so the ploughs could get a clear run up the hill.

I dont see the Police shutting down Tesco Extra or the Retail Park and people travel long distances to these, could it be because they have more financial might?

Edited by skifreak

Like the Murphys....hes not bitter! :002:

Oh the irony of that being posted by you! :lol:

I dont see the Police shutting down Tesco Extra or the Retail Park and people travel long distances to these, could it be because they have more financial might?

Or just perhaps it may be that people need food from Tesco to survive whilst football...........? :002: