FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

First public signs of our economic woe?

Read here.

Butcher confirmed he has had no inquiries for any of his players and is still working on extending the loan periods of Nauris Bulvitis and Stuart Duff at Inverness.

Little chance of making any financial gains from any of our short term contracted players?

Butcher does not intend to significantly change his squad this month.

He said: ?There is scope to bring players in and I would think players will be leaving as well. What we don?t want to do is to put ourselves in a position where we are losing players that are vital to us. Maybe players will go who are not getting a place in the team and want to play on a regular basis. Bringing in one or two new faces does lift everybody, it freshens things up. It is about trimming the squad and making it more productive.

Looks like unless we shed some dead wood that there is no budget to bring anyone in.

Edited by Revbirdog

?I still find the transfer windows pretty bizarre.

?I find it a restriction of trade more than anything else, it does not happen in other industries.?

I think Terry, you'll find there are a lot of things that happen in football that doesn't happen in other industries, like someone with as woeful a record as you, getting appointed manager of a business at the top end if it's field. I reckon you also find tactics bizarre. It is a restriction of trade, that's the whole point.

He also mentioned that there wont be much activity until the end of the month when things start moving and thats football in general and not just us.

I would say its a clever move to publicly announce that there have been no interest as of yet, he didn't have to but it should encourage interested parties to make contact.

I did notice on the back of the ICT v Dundee programme that the richest club in the 1st div has 6 players less than us on the pay roll.So you could say we have too many players regardless.

We are one of the few SFL teams with a reasonable sized squad so it's inevitable that some must go to make way for others. I dont see anything in that article to suggest economic woe. I see a team operating to an SFL budget. In fact I see a team operating sensibly. Even Celtic have admitted they need to move some on before bringing anyone in. Rangers....they just intend to move some on.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Read here.

Butcher confirmed he has had no inquiries for any of his players and is still working on extending the loan periods of Nauris Bulvitis and Stuart Duff at Inverness.

Little chance of making any financial gains from any of our short term contracted players?

Butcher does not intend to significantly change his squad this month.

He said: ?There is scope to bring players in and I would think players will be leaving as well. What we don?t want to do is to put ourselves in a position where we are losing players that are vital to us. Maybe players will go who are not getting a place in the team and want to play on a regular basis. Bringing in one or two new faces does lift everybody, it freshens things up. It is about trimming the squad and making it more productive.

Looks like unless we shed some dead wood that there is no budget to bring anyone in.

I think your really reading between the lines if thats meant to suggest economic woe. It sounds like common sense - move on the players who wont play and perhaps look to enhance the squad. Trimming the squad is just to streamline things. There is no point having things(in this case playing staff) that are not being used. Even a rich club would accept that.

He also mentioned that there wont be much activity until the end of the month when things start moving and thats football in general and not just us.

I would say its a clever move to publicly announce that there have been no interest as of yet, he didn't have to but it should encourage interested parties to make contact.

I did notice on the back of the ICT v Dundee programme that the richest club in the 1st div has 6 players less than us on the pay roll.So you could say we have too many players regardless.

If thats an ICT home program that may be down to Inverness listing their players in reserve whilst only listing the squad Dundee have brought with them to the game. Or something like that.

Irregardless of our financial situation, we have too many players who are not competing for a first team place and it would benefit both them, and the club, if they were to move on to fresh pastures.

Eagle and Stratford haven't worked out at all. Barrowman is a massive waste of space and WILL probably go. Roy McBain will probably never play for us again. It would'nt suprise me if Butcher is trying to force put Duncan as well as he has tryed to play 3 players ahead of him. First was Kerr, then Stratford and now Stuart Duff. Get the feeling TB dosent rate him much.

Anyhoo the first four mentioned above all going could trim the squad sufficently.

Eagle and Stratford haven't worked out at all. Barrowman is a massive waste of space and WILL probably go. Roy McBain will probably never play for us again. It would'nt suprise me if Butcher is trying to force put Duncan as well as he has tryed to play 3 players ahead of him. First was Kerr, then Stratford and now Stuart Duff. Get the feeling TB dosent rate him much.

Anyhoo the first four mentioned above all going could trim the squad sufficently.

dunno if eagle and stratford went then i doubt that mcbain would go as we do still need some cover in midfield

dunno if eagle and stratford went then i doubt that mcbain would go as we do still need some cover in midfield

Sorry i should have mentioned. I don't want McBain to go. But i think he will. I don't rate Eagle and Stratford at all, and believe they should go.

Sorry i should have mentioned. I don't want McBain to go. But i think he will. I don't rate Eagle and Stratford at all, and believe they should go.

no, i dont want mcbain to go but if stratford, eagle & imrie go then maybe there could be a possibility that roy could force his way back in.

I'd be happy to see Stratford and Eagle leave. Wouldn't be too bothered. Dont know how signing Eagle over keeping Vigurs has in any way benifited the club. At least Vigurs knew the club, set up and his team mates well.

I think we should try and sell Barrowman. He doesn't play and he's on a good earner no doubt so we may as well try and get something for him.

And if an offer we can't refuse for Imrie comes in....

If only the amateur muppets hadnt seen the Marius Niculae DVD.

more like "if only someone else handled the contract negotiations" :rolleyes:

Why does ICT need a DOF anyway? Never understood why it was necessary in the SPL, and there appears even less reason to have one now.

Was talking to someone about this the other day. I knew that C*unty had 5 or 6 less than us, but I thought Dundee were only a couple less.

I think our squad is second only in size to Plastic Whistle who have 30+ players....we have about 26.