FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman joins County

kencar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If so then 2 OUT 0 IN but a reduction in the wage bill :lol:

2 out 1 in, don't forget the re-signing of Bulvitis.

P & J confirm the move suggesting we got ?40,000 for Imrie (which was the figure we were looking for) but Barrowman was released from his contract which cost us money and Ross County got him for free.

Overall a good piece of business as these guys were both on high wages which were out of our budget for 1st division football.

Suggestions that Stuart Duff will be released and we will also sign him up, so all round a good transfer window for us I think.

I think that?s great news, and as Mr Bannerman said, its 2 SPL size wage bill off the books, He also said that we may have to pay a severance payment (not a big deal seen as we got a 5 figure from Dooogee's deal)... that hints at us telling him to get his jacket, as if he asked to go to county we?d have surely just said ok buddy good luck, Id hope we learnt out lesson on letting players find there own club haha 

I'am very suprised we payed off Barrowman, dissapointed that Dougie has gone but thats life.

I do hope that we got Duff and maybe someone else but news is hard to come by atm.

I'd imagine a reasonable amount of the Imrie transfer will have gone into paying off Barrowman. Quite surprised at the fact we paid him off.

I fully expect him to score a goal against us in the next Derby.

Excellent news, but he better not turn into a goal machine for them.

Course he will, and guarenteed to score against us.... f*cking terrible signing, I wonder if it was Grassa or Brewster who was responsible for that gem. Must have cost the club an absolute fortune for a player that scored goals in 2 divisions below... I can't believe that the club let him hold us to ransom over wages

I thought he could have been good for us if he was played in a front 2 but he was never given a run of games in that position and to jump 2 divisions and be asked to play lone striker in his first season was never going to work out.

I don't think there has ever been a better demonstration of how amateur our board are....

sign a player from 2 divisions below, offer him massive wages and then when it doesn't work out pay his remaining contract so he can be released to our rivals (currently sitting higher in the league) where he will, without doubt, recapture his goal scoring form

Edited by Yngwie
Swearing removed.

I'd imagine a reasonable amount of the Imrie transfer will have gone into paying off Barrowman. Quite surprised at the fact we paid him off.

I fully expect him to score a goal against us in the next Derby.

I would say so. Another poor signing by ICT.

Abysmal signing for us. It all looked so promising on his debut as well but really a very poor signing who did nothing in 30 odd games after that to show that he was an SPL or First Division player.

Perhaps he'll be one of those players who does well with one particular club.

Even if he does play well for County, he was never going to make it here. I've seen him go 50:50 with keepers/defenders and bottle out. I've seen him try to score from distance and fail miserably. I've seen him try tap-ins, only to screw up. I've seen him being woeful whether up front on his own, with a partner or out wide. I have never ever seen him play impressively.

Probably rivals Robbie Keane coming and Rothen going as the best piece of transfer dealings this window.

Any reports on how much it took to buy him out?

I shudder to think. 18 months (approx) left on a big salary. Hopefully some compromise was reached ie only paid the remainder of this seasons wage.??? He has already cost us a fortune with virtually zero return

Any reports on how much it took to buy him out?

?0, Andy asked to be released from his contract to join County

P&J article says he recieved a payoff from us

BARROWMAN LINK

I seen this but i can confirm Barrowman got ?0 as HE asked to cancel his contract, and a contract saying this was signed (i.e. no marius case)