FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman joins County

kencar

I don't care if he scores against us in derby matches, although I won't be holding my breath! - I am just glad he has gone. He was woeful for us, an absolute disaster from all angles. Hopeful we will get Duff. Why are we, the supporters, kept in the dark so much and have to go scrabbling about for bits of information? Thanks goodness for the forum.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told Marius asked to leave as well and that one has come back to haunt us big time....just hope lessons were learned and the same thing doesn't happen again!!!

According to one poster he cancelled his contract and signed one saying that he agreed to cancel his contract. Sadly they aren't willing to say how they know this.

We were told Marius asked to leave as well and that one has come back to haunt us big time....just hope lessons were learned and the same thing doesn't happen again!!!

I have a bad feeling about that side of it, also with County bing Ye Old Foes I cant help but feel they would makesure and shaft us on this.

Rig, it was said on Radio Scotland by Mr Bannerman, that we agreed to let him go, but also it was said that we had to pay him sevirance but that was ok as we got cash from Dooogee.

Edited by Georgeios

I never thought barrowman got a decent run in the first team to really prove himself. I'm with RiG on this one - I can see him scoring against us.

Probably will but, he could score 10 goals before the end of the season and we all still know that the strikers still at the club are better.

He's a striker and scoring goals is a confidence thing.

He had no confidence here and nothing was done to boost his confidence hence he got worse and worse. He should have gone out on loan. Back at County things will be different - he will score and more importantly, he will score against us.

YEEEEEEEEEES!!! Thank god!!!

Not a Barrowman hater, but for the fact Butcher was never going to play him and was the biggest earner he had to go.

And i dont really care if we paid him off witha fee - its better than having him bleeding us dry for the next 18 months.

Great news,

We have had the, I'm keeping my options open and I'm waiting to play for an English club, I may join but I'm worth a lot of money, I cant score, its not my fault, its everyone Else's fault in the team, not mine, they are not good enough, they don't have the skill to give me the perfect pass so I cant score.

I'm glad hes away, If it wasnt the arrogant comments in newspapers it was, playing half heartedly,failing to score which was what the extra pay was for & ICT subsequently losing and still having the hard neck to go out in town looking smug straight after a defeat.

Brewster's desperation --that was why he signed A.Barrowman I think.

Well, he has him back now so let's see if he can instill the confidence and determination in him that were lacking at ICT.

On balance it's the best thing for everybody, even if it cost ICT money to release him. Not a good investment at all .It's like buying a business--if it does not make money for you within a reasonable period of time, staying in it after that may bankrupt you. Hope and hard work are not always enough to ensure success.

P & J today says his contract was cancelled.

Did it say anything about a termination fee? I'll be chuffed if we got rid of him for free.

I'm sure any fee he got would have been nominal. Through mutual agreement so that he could join another club.

It won't have been anywhere near the 18 months he'd be due if we had cancelled his contract against his will.

Someone who was at the County last Saturday, told me that when the county fans were singing, "if you hate caley clap your hand" Barrowman was clapping his hands - What a w*nker. He is going to get a he'll get a good reception on the 20th :rolleyes:

Its probably better to cheer on our own team than slag off 'Barowman the legend' why bother.

• 2 weeks later...

In some respects I'm disappointed to see him go. You have to look at the facts here. At County in Division 2, he was played often with two other strikers alongside him and given the support he needed. He was also played as a poacher in a Kris Boyd, Filippo Inzagi kind of role. Over the course of a couple of months, Brew had him playing in a league that was two higher than he had been in, up front on his own, as a target man with long balls being punted at him at every given opportunity. The reason he "failed" here was because he was played the wrong way, with too much expectation put on his shoulders.