FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

RBS Six Nations Your Thoughts & Predictions

Dmacca

Two home wins on the cards here?

Engalnd v Wales

Ireland v Italy

Will the Irish be the final winners, or will England or Wales have enough to pip them at the post, can the Scots turn it on or will the unpredictable French get into gear, can Italy step up to the plate or will they take the wooden spoon.

What will the final table look like.

I reckon a 0-0 with England and Wales (and you know how poor England are at penalty shoot outs), but Italy should be strong enough to beat Ireland. Probably 2-1 on the day.

I think Manchester United will win over all. They might not be in it but you can never write them off.

I'm a big fan of Johnny Wilkins and the other football rugby players.

I am going to the game tomorrow. Looking forward to it, although I fear getting a result will be a bridge too far. We pulled off a brilliant win over the Aussies but that was based on tough defending and gutting it out - the big problem for us in the last ten years is scoring enough tries and looking at our back line, do we have enough pace and power and finishing ability to trouble the big boys? Hope has to lie in the Evans brothers, and the kicking of Paterson.

Scotland the Triple Crown

Wooden Spoon is far more likely. Don't look like scoring many tries.

Why is this topic in "Serious Topics"? The fact that it is about Rugby suggests it should be a nonsense topic and the prediction that Scotland might win the triple crown surely confirms it.

I think we can take a lot of positives from todays game. We were beaten by sheer power and a blitz defence that we obviously didn't expect. How many times did we turn the ball over only for the scrum-half to not even see the ball before it got turned over again?

I really liked our back play today. It's been a long time since I've seen a Scottish back line look so threatening. The one weakpoint in the back line though is fly-half. We badly need a fly-half that can kick the ball well. Parks and Godman are both bloody awful.

We did do well in parts but most of our promising back play came far from the French line. There were a couple of line breaks in the first half but bad luck and poor finishing caught us out. Bastardaeu is getting big licks in the press but hsi first score was an overlap and there was a missed tackle for the second.

The French pack certainly smashed us and I thought our kicking was absolutely abysmal - we might see Parks back for the next game.

On the plus side, Lamont looked pretty good and I thought Cusiter was impressive again. Good craic with the French fans as well. I am glad I wasnt' stuck behind the guys dressed up as chickens.

• 2 weeks later...

So the French are sitting pretty at the top of the league after last nights result, can England keep the pressure on by defeating the Irish today?

Will the Scots break their duck today, a tricky visit to Italy ahead?