FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Very quiet tonight?

Johnboy

Is it not a wee bit odd that this site has gone very quiet on the eve of a set of fixtures that could see ICT move to the top of Div1?

I think there is a very good chance that QoS will take something from their match with Dundee, and that we will overcome Airdrie, hopefully with something to spare.

Why is no one saying anything or speculating on tomorrow night's fixtures?

Scared of tempting fate?

I think its that the nerves are maybe starting to creep into some people (well me anyway) for so long we looked total out of it but now a realism that we actually have a chance that we may still yet go up, and i for one aint taking tomorrow's game easy, i am sure airdrie morale will be sky high and really up for the game

Is it not a wee bit odd that this site has gone very quiet on the eve of a set of fixtures that could see ICT move to the top of Div1?

I think there is a very good chance that QoS will take something from their match with Dundee, and that we will overcome Airdrie, hopefully with something to spare.

Why is no one saying anything or speculating on tomorrow night's fixtures?

Scared of tempting fate?

I sincerely hope you're right Johnboy, but I've got a horrible feeling that Dundee will go on a good run now.

You know the scenario, change the manager and results improve. However good or bad Chisholm turns out to be, the initial "freshness" wont run out until the season is done.

Dundee have been clever here, changing their boss at the right time.

I'm obviously desperately hoping we can match them until the last game, and then take them on the last day.

I disagree about a sudden change of fortunes for Dundee.... Chisholm could very well be a decent long term appointment - time will tell - I just don't see him as one of these charismatic guys who can bring about instant success.

I think about half of the Dundee support might agree with me on that.

I disagree about a sudden change of fortunes for Dundee.... Chisholm could very well be a decent long term appointment - time will tell - I just don't see him as one of these charismatic guys who can bring about instant success.

I think about half of the Dundee support might agree with me on that.

Is that the half that can read? :024:

Chisholm will do ok with Dundee tomorrow, as they are at home, and Queens away record is as poor as Dundee's. Would be a big suprise, but a very nice suprise, to see Queens turn them over.

Think we need to concentrate on our own game first, and ensure we dont do a St Midden andthrow away our chance. Come on boys grasp the nettle, go at them in 100 mph fashion, mix it up, go down the wing, over the top for Rooney, and support from midfield, and dont stop until we are 3 goals up if we can. Goal difference could be important, so we need to match or better dundee, or Dunfermline, or County.

We cant do a thing about all the other games, but dont think Dundee, Dunfermline, County or ourselves will go through the next 6 weeks unscathed. We will probably take a low blow at some stage, and it may be when we arent expecting it, or a player diving against us and getting what he wanted.

Remember Dundee have to go away to County, Dunfermline, a hacked off Ian MacCalls Partick, Semi finalist Raith, and ourselves. If they win away to each of us they will deserve to go up, but cant see that happening. Dark horses Dunfermline have arrived almost unnoticed, and its fortunate we have them up here.

So lets hope we get over 3000 tomorrow night, and support the lads 200% from start to finish. As no games will be easy here on in. Lets make the players hear us on Tuesday, and appreciate what they have managed to do from a very average position at Xmas.

Thats the spirit Bauhaus! Lets get up them and get on them and whatever it takes !

I only hope that no-one of Airdire dives in the 18 yd line towards our Ryan Esson - and likewise no-one does a Barrowman and continually tries to bait our Russell (totally unacceptable last Saturday - thats the last time I pass the time of day with you Andy! in our local shop!).

Bring on three points on Tuesday and Saturday and then who else will Believe !?

ps With Chisholm in charge, will that mean that Dundee players will spend more time face down on the grass feigning injury then playing football, similar to our visit to Dumfries? What a load of actors? Oscars for many of them. The jury is out.

Chisholm will do ok with Dundee tomorrow, as they are at home, and Queens away record is as poor as Dundee's. Would be a big suprise, but a very nice suprise, to see Queens turn them over.

Think we need to concentrate on our own game first, and ensure we dont do a St Midden andthrow away our chance. Come on boys grasp the nettle, go at them in 100 mph fashion, mix it up, go down the wing, over the top for Rooney, and support from midfield, and dont stop until we are 3 goals up if we can. Goal difference could be important, so we need to match or better dundee, or Dunfermline, or County.

We cant do a thing about all the other games, but dont think Dundee, Dunfermline, County or ourselves will go through the next 6 weeks unscathed. We will probably take a low blow at some stage, and it may be when we arent expecting it, or a player diving against us and getting what he wanted.

Remember Dundee have to go away to County, Dunfermline, a hacked off Ian MacCalls Partick, Semi finalist Raith, and ourselves. If they win away to each of us they will deserve to go up, but cant see that happening. Dark horses Dunfermline have arrived almost unnoticed, and its fortunate we have them up here.

So lets hope we get over 3000 tomorrow night, and support the lads 200% from start to finish. As no games will be easy here on in. Lets make the players hear us on Tuesday, and appreciate what they have managed to do from a very average position at Xmas.

Nice post, Bauhaus

I have been very quiet fer yonks - as I have been working extra hours and appeasing (and pleasing) Mrs IHE in order to enjoy the sight seeing in Hong Kong. I will sign on in the Wan Chai Internet Room ( a bit different from the usual) and normal transmission will return at Morton, Dumbfries, Hair and Dungdee in sneck.

Gringo - whats the best way to get to Dumbfries and Hair by choo choo ??

Hoping for the win.

Tomorrow promises to be exciting for a variety of reasons.

What i would like is for the team not too let all that excitment get to their heads and just concentrate on getting a win.

Edited by ajsict92

I have been very quiet fer yonks - as I have been working extra hours and appeasing (and pleasing) Mrs IHE in order to enjoy the sight seeing in Hong Kong. I will sign on in the Wan Chai Internet Room ( a bit different from the usual) and normal transmission will return at Morton, Dumbfries, Hair and Dungdee in sneck.

Gringo - whats the best way to get to Dumbfries and Hair by choo choo ??

10:44Chorley12:10CarlisleTrain TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS 01h 26 12:20Carlisle12:57DumfriesTrain SCOTRAIL 00h 37

or

09:19Chorley09:47LancasterTrain TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS 00h 28 10:08Lancaster11:01CarlisleTrain VIRGIN TRAINS 00h 53 11:12Carlisle11:49DumfriesTrain SCOTRAIL 00h 37

Ayr

06:16Chorley06:35PrestonTrain TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS 00h 19 07:14Preston09:45Glasgow CentralTrain TRANSPENNINE EXPRESS 02h 31 10:00Glasgow Central10:54Ayr StationTrain SCOTRAIL 00h 54

But stupid having to go all the way to Glasgow to go back down the way. Maybe that one calls for an overnight at Chatteu Govan

I think the Forum is quiet due to nervous anticipation. The recent form table is interesting and shows why people may feel that way. Points from the last 6 games played are:-

Dunfermline 16, ICT and Ayr 12, Morton 9, County 8 Partick, Dundee and Queens 6, Airdree 5 and Raith 3.

This is a really unpredictable league and the title is there for the taking. Consistency is the key and we seem to be the most consistently reasonable team in the last couple of months. Believe!

Dunfermline have 5 wins out of 6 - that is style.

Any win is a good win, no easy games etc etc BUT those wins have been against:

Raith

Raith again

QotS

Morton

Airdrie

So I wouldn't be surprised if their momentum falters when they go into a run of fixtures against better teams.