ICT -V- Airdrie Utd : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see it now... Celtic win 7-0 with Keane scoring all 7. County are deflated... And we go on to win the league. Sorted!

I'd rather see RC beat the evil twin. I'd even get tickets for the final.

But back to the thread. Fantastic result guys. Considering Airdrie were on a bit of a flier the last two or three games this is a big one.

Good god, that was easy. It's no exaggeration to say that we could have made it into double figures. Sanchez should have had four! That said, we appear a better team when he is on the pitch (I haven't worked out why, but we are!)

It helps when the defending is that bad - especially at the first goal when their boy on the goalline trod on the ball instead of clearing it. A couple of defenders both took fresh-air swipes at the third goal as well. Every time we went forward it looked like we were going to score. I lost count of the number of sitters - Rooney mishit the ball from two yards out, Hayes had one cleared off the line, Ross shot straight at the keeper when clean through...it was men against boys, it really was.

MOTM has to be between Foran, who looked hungry and menacing and took his goal well, and Russell Duncan, who laid on the second and fourth goals, and is in awesome form right now. A generally excellent team performance though, no question.

I can see it now... Celtic win 7-0 with Keane scoring all 7. County are deflated... And we go on to win the league. Sorted!

They have a chance but then again Celtic have been improving so a Celtic hammering may happen but hope county have a good go!

Tonight was 4 going on 7 or 8. some poor finishing cost us more goals. Thought airdre were very poor. Nice to see the ball being played on the deck after Saturdays game. Foran makes a HUGE difference to our ability to create chances. All in all...a satisfactory nights business

Foran was fantastic. Sanchez hit the post and the bar when both looked easier to score and he had another couple of near misses, but he can control the ball and play people in. Ross missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper who must have made 5 or 6 top drawer saves, one in particular from a Grant Munro header that he clawed away from the junction of bar and post (think Fraser v Celtic) Too many chances to summarise but double figures could have been correct. To their credit Airdrie plugged away and had one or two scary moments inside our six yard box, Esson making one close range save but that apart some of our football looked slick. We were dangerous as we swept forward in droves and everyman and his dog had a pop at goal. We really should have scored a bakers dozen.

26 away fans or so.

MoM for me was also Foran. Hayes scored the pick of the goals as he cut inside and shot across the keeper from 18 yards. Cracking goal.

Fair play guy's, good result and exactly what any team with idea's of winning the league should be doing to the bottom team. Momentum deffo on your side now,will you's handle the pressure and expectation? We'll see.

Well done to County as well, great result for them :D

That was a brilliant night of results.

Dundee dropping 2 points is excellent and I tell you what, the Partick thistle result was absolutely superb too, cause Dunfermline were becoming a major worry to me, they were THE inform team in the division (other than ourselves of course) they've come from nowhere, this is a major set back to them !

This is developing into an extremely exciting situation.

Can't wait for Saturday !

How did they beat Dundee???

But our boys were at there best tonight. The Irish trio once again terrorise a defence with Sanchez again contributing everything to a game...apart from a goal!

Defensively sound, Would imagine thats how our back 4 will line up next season, should Bully go. Rosscoe was relatively solid as a central defender. Esson did well with a couple of iffy moments and Robertson made some splendid stops in the 2nd half.

13 games unbeaten and long may it continue.

Great game and great 3 points in the bag. Just a point behide dundee now i think? Hopefully we can carry this great run of form on in the next few games. Sanchez was unlucky the night he had great chances to put the ball in the back of the net but just couldnt do it.

MoTM: Foran - He played his heart out tonight. Think everyone saw that he made a big difference in tonights game

I for one want to see County crushed by Celtic in the semi. I dont subscribe to this support the Highland Team p1sh!

THANK YOU!!!! At least im not the only one, I cant stand them, mainy due to the arrogance of some of the fans i know.