FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How soon can we win the league

12th Man

Instead of guessing what is the least amount of points that ICT may win the league with.

Can we turn this around and ask how soon can ICT win the league?

IE if ICT keep winning and other teams drop points (best case scenarios) on what date will it be mathematically impossible for other teams to catch us.

Instead of guessing what is the least amount of points that ICT may win the league with.

Can we turn this around and ask how soon can ICT win the league?

IE if ICT keep winning and other teams drop points (best case scenarios) on what date will it be mathematically impossible for other teams to catch us.

By my rekonning, using your rules, we will have won the league after beating Dunfermline on 17th April.

Just worked it out, Ive actually surprised myself be realising how soon it could happen, I thought all of the games in hand would alter the dates quite a lot.

If other games went our way and we keep winning,The 13th April.

I think around the Ayr game would be more realistic but who knows, we just have to keep picking up the points and make it harder for the other teams to catch us.

With all of the midweek fixtures I think it is possible we could win the league and not even be playing, how about that for no pressure.

I'd be happy to win it at ayr, enjoy the walk up the road, and then see the look on the dee faces when we hold that title aloft on the last day...

THAT is my best case scenario :lol:

What's the earliest we could have no chance of the title? In other words, when would it be arithmetically impossible for us to go up if we go on a losing run and our rivals win their remaining games? Even in that pessimistic scenario we will surely have something to play for until very late on in the season.

would prefer to win it at home against The Pars, but that would mean a collapse from everyone else chasing us, as Queens and Stags have soo many games to play in last two weeks. Mind you standing room only at Ayr united would be groovey

I'll tell you, a few weeks ago I would have loved the opportunity to have a final day shoot-out v Dundee.

Not now though. Greed is taking over and I WANT THE B U G G E R WON A.S.A.P.

To think of having to play Dundee and win (or even draw) makes me come out in a cold sweat. Maybe it's memories of a year ago v Falkirk, maybe it's the fact they've got the Griffiths guy who is a matchwinner.

Keep winning !

I'd prefere to be 3 points infront of Dundee with the last game to go, meaning the league isn't officially ours yet but Dundee would have to put about 10 past us to win the title. Then we get our pitch invasion and no nerves throughout the game!

This is just annoying me now. All we should be concentrating on is winning all our games from now till the end of the season

Aye i feel the same , some peeps are getting a wee bit too ahead of themselves :lol:

I'd love ICT to win this League but we've got a way to go yet so lets just take one game at a time :lol:

It's the fans job to get ahead of themselves and to focus that positive energy on supporting the team.

So long as it's tempered with a bit of realism and we don't get caught up in calling for heads and dishing out abuse to our own if we suffer any blips then all is well.

I have just realised that I have a nervous energy (is it fear?) about me that I haven't had for rather a long time. Thanks Terry, thanks pal. :lol:

It's good being at the top but with it comes the fear. :lol:

Obviously the sooner we win the league the better, but I'll take a 97th minute penalty aginst Dundee if that's how it goes.

Saturday 3rd April

We beat Raith

Ayr beat Dundee

Pars and County draw.

ICT ARE 7 CLEAR OF DUNDEH, 8 CLEAR OF PARS, 13 CLEAR OF COUNTY

Tuesday 6th

We beat Morton

County draw with Queens

ICT ARE 10 CLEAR OF DUNDEH, 11 CLEAR OF PARS, 15 CLEAR OF COUNTY

Saturday 10th

We beat Queens

Ayr beat Pars

Partick beat Dundee

ICT ARE 13 CLEAR OF DUNDEH, 14 CLEAR OF PARS, 18 CLEAR OF COUNTY

PARS AND DUNDEH CAN NO LONGER CATCH US

Tuesday 13th

Morton beat County

County now 18 points behind with four games left - can't catch us - we win title

If this happens, I will give everyone on the forum a million quid.

Just thinking about the next game makes me nervous , we cant take anything for granted

I just dont want to shout from the rooftops till we're "safe"

Apologies if i'm sounding negative

Not negative at all, and you're not the only one who's feeling this way.

The best thing we as fans can do is get right behind the team for the full 90 minutes in every game whether we are winning, losing or drawing and whether we are playing good, bad or ugly.

As has been said by others, every game here on in is a cup final for the players and that goes just as much for the fans, so let's get out there and cheer as we would in a final.

Saturday 3rd April

We beat Raith

Ayr beat Dundee

Pars and County draw.

Tuesday 6th

We beat Morton

County draw with Queens

Saturday 10th

We beat Queens

Ayr beat Pars

Partick beat Dundee

Tuesday 13th

Morton beat County

County now 18 points behind with four games left - can't catch us - we win title

Bookmarked :mellow:

Saturday 3rd April

We beat Raith

Ayr beat Dundee

Pars and County draw.

Tuesday 6th

We beat Morton

County draw with Queens

Saturday 10th

We beat Queens

Ayr beat Pars

Partick beat Dundee

Tuesday 13th

Morton beat County

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...res/default.stm

Slight mistake, County will have 6 games left after their game with Morton meaning they can get the 18 points back. So that means the soonest we can win the league is home to Dunfermline on the 17th

Edited by Joe DiMaggio