FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran and Rooney

Bronson

As I made the unforgivable error of starting a thread looking from a negative perspective, I thought i'd do the opposite and say what a huge season these two are having for us.

Should we go onto win the league it will be largely down to them. Foran shows endless drive and passion and is always ready to roll up his sleeves and get stuck in and I think that he would be amazing captain material (Not that i'm criticising Munro).

I thought his target of 20 goals this season was a bit optimistic but the way he's playing just now I can see him doing it.

Rooney too has been worth his weight in goald. Who would have thought at the end of last season that he would have had such an amazing season.

As a partnership is that 21 for Rooney and 14 for Foran? How does that compare of previous seasons with successful striking partners? Stewart&MacLean, Dargo/Wyness etc.

And i've also been amazed at how influencial Golly has been for us. He is up and down the line the way Tokely used to, cant be easy at 35? But what a role model to younger players. :D

As I made the unforgivable error of starting a thread looking from a negative perspective, I thought i'd do the opposite and say what a huge season these two are having for us.

Should we go onto win the league it will be largely down to them. Foran shows endless drive and passion and is always ready to roll up his sleeves and get stuck in and I think that he would be amazing captain material (Not that i'm criticising Munro).

I thought his target of 20 goals this season was a bit optimistic but the way he's playing just now I can see him doing it.

Rooney too has been worth his weight in goald. Who would have thought at the end of last season that he would have had such an amazing season.

As a partnership is that 21 for Rooney and 14 for Foran? How does that compare of previous seasons with successful striking partners? Stewart&MacLean, Dargo/Wyness etc.

And i've also been amazed at how influencial Golly has been for us. He is up and down the line the way Tokely used to, cant be easy at 35? But what a role model to younger players. :D

You've been at the happy pills haven't ya?

Reserving judgement until we (hopefully) see the Emerald Twins in the SPL. Then we can really measure them up against say Brewster/Dargo which was, for me, our best partnership in the highest level. That said, I think Roonney and Foran could make a huge impact with a couple of additions to the squad.

You've been at the happy pills haven't ya?

Reserving judgement until we (hopefully) see the Emerald Twins in the SPL. Then we can really measure them up against say Brewster/Dargo which was, for me, our best partnership in the highest level. That said, I think Roonney and Foran could make a huge impact with a couple of additions to the squad.

& not forgetting Johnny Hayes !

I'm talking in terms of total goals in a season though. If anyone has stats available i'd be interested to know the season totals for our 2 top strikers since we joined the league. So if anyone has the time or the info handy i think it would make very interesting reading.

I'm talking in terms of total goals in a season though. If anyone has stats available i'd be interested to know the season totals for our 2 top strikers since we joined the league. So if anyone has the time or the info handy i think it would make very interesting reading.

I'm not 100% sure but i would have a pop at saying Wyness on say 25 and Paul Ritchie on 22.

In all competitions this season i'm sure Rooney has 21 goals. He was level with Grifiths on 20 prior to todays games i think.

Yeah thats correct and Foran now has 13 i think, possibly 14. From midfield that is excellent.

Ok, been doing a bit of research from the site and have come up with the following stats (stats run from season 94/95 to 96/97, then a gap for some reason, unless i'm being thick, then from 04/05 to present) -

Season 94-95

Alan Hercher 7

Wilson Robertson 6

Charlie Christie 6

Total 19

Season 95-96

Iain Stewart 24

Charlie Christie 12

Alan Hercher 12

Total 48

Season 96-97

Iain Stewart 29

Brian Thomson 11

Total 40

Then there's a gap till -

Season 04-05

Barry Wilson 10

Graham Bayne 7

Total 17

Season 05-06

Craig Dargo 20

Dennis Wyness 11

Total 31

Season 06-07

Craig Dargo 12

Graham Bayne 8

Total 20

Season 07-08

Marius Niculae 10

Don Cowie 9

Total 19

Season 08-09

Adam Rooney 6

Filipe Morais 5

Dougie Imrie 5

Total 16

Season 09-10

Adam Rooney 21

Richie Foran 13

Total 34 so far!!!!

Ok, been doing a bit of research from the site and have come up with the following stats (stats run from season 94/95 to 96/97, then a gap for some reason, unless i'm being thick, then from 04/05 to present) -

Season 94-95

Alan Hercher 7

Wilson Robertson 6

Charlie Christie 6

Total 19

Season 95-96

Iain Stewart 24

Charlie Christie 12

Alan Hercher 12

Total 48

Season 96-97

Iain Stewart 29

Brian Thomson 11

Total 40

Then there's a gap till -

Season 04-05

Barry Wilson 10

Graham Bayne 7

Total 17

Season 05-06

Craig Dargo 20

Dennis Wyness 11

Total 31

Season 06-07

Craig Dargo 12

Graham Bayne 8

Total 20

Season 07-08

Marius Niculae 10

Don Cowie 9

Total 19

Season 08-09

Adam Rooney 6

Filipe Morais 5

Dougie Imrie 5

Total 16

Season 09-10

Adam Rooney 21

Richie Foran 13

Total 34 so far!!!!

You could add Hayes or Eric to that and then we would surpass 40, would we not?

Wyness and Ritchie both scored over 20 goals in 2 or 3 seasons together so thats got to be the best scoring record. I just don't know how many exactly, I'm sure Scotty could help us out on that one though. I seem to remember him posting Ritchies record not that long ago and it was something like 21,22 and 22. Wyness had a record slightly better than this while playing alongside him.

The players that i listed were our top 2 scorers in each season. So the only reason that three names appear is because 2 players scored the same no of goals. Does that make sense? So I cant add hayes and odi as they aren't one of our two top scorers. would be interesting to see the rest of the stats though.

Very interesting reading Bronson - clearly shows that Foran and Rooney are our most successful partnership of recent times. Let's hope they keep it up!

Surely this a false comparison? In recent times all our football has been in the top flight with goals much more difficult to come by. Once one of them has scored 19/20 (which is true?) goals in the SPL like Dargo then it's real.

Difficult to compare at different levels. My nephew won the karting at Golspe six years in a row but does that make him better than Michael Schumacher who only won three?

Don't care what statistics show - IMO Richie Foran is the best player in First Division. He works tirelessly for the team and scores a few goals. I have lost count of the number of times he has saved us in defence and when he wins the ball in midfield I like the way he looks up then decides what he is going to do. Very intelligent player and I hope, out of all the players we have at the moment, he is the one we sign up for next season. Hayes, Cox etc also of course.

IMO Richie Foran is the best player in First Division. He works tirelessly for the team and scores a few goals. I have lost count of the number of times he has saved us in defence and when he wins the ball in midfield I like the way he looks up then decides what he is going to do. Very intelligent player and I hope, out of all the players we have at the moment, he is the one we sign up for next season.

Completely concur with every one of your well-made points, Hearach.

@ TheKnowledge JC_highfive.gif

Surely this a false comparison? In recent times all our football has been in the top flight with goals much more difficult to come by. Once one of them has scored 19/20 (which is true?) goals in the SPL like Dargo then it's real.

Yes and no. Whilst they aren't at the same level you can only compare them with the stats available to you. At the end of the day strikers are judged on goals. Was Bryan Prunty a better striker than say Iain Stewart because he scored a goal at Ibrox whislt Stewie bagged goals at Ochilview?

My nephew won the karting at Golspe six years in a row but does that make him better than Michael Schumacher who only won three?

I don't know. Did Schumacher race at Golspie? I would have gone to see him if he did...

I reckon Foran is the best player in this league. :)

Who's won 1st division player of the year for us before? Robson and Wyness?

Only Wyness and Ritchie have won it for us. Robertson also won 1st division manager of the year the same year as Paul Ritche won it.