FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Maurice Malpas

Ronaldo

Doesn't appear to have had a lot of mention, unless I've missed it, but hats off to him.

Whatever this bloke has been up to on the training ground is certainly working and it's not unreasonable that he gets some of the plaudits.

Good on you Mo!

I think he's a bit like Donald Park used to be....just gets on with the job and doesn't allow himself to be distracted with the public side of things.

Butcher gave him fair praise after the Raith game and as good as credited Malpas with the decision that won the game.

Butcher gave him fair praise after the Raith game and as good as credited Malpas with the decision that won the game.

This, to me, is the mark of a good and confident manager.

We have probably all seen it before, whether in work or in football ... managers who take all the credit or who look for excuses when things go wrong, or who feel the need to flex their power in one way or another ... all signs of a lack of confidence, ability, self esteem or just a power trip where they must make everyone know they are the boss.

As TB has settled more into his ICT role, he has displayed the opposite to that kind of manager, in public at least ..... A confidence that was always there (I guess England and Rangers captaincies make sure of that), a belief in his team that we are now starting to appreciate, and no issue with letting someone else have the limelight by praising them when it is due, whether it is acknowledging his #2 as a crucial cog in the machine, or praising one or more of the players ..... I LIKE THIS !!!

Maurice Malpas is one of those people who are a better assistant than an out and out manager. He, like Donald Park before him I believe are one of those perfect people to work behind the scenes doing a lot of the under-rated and little known work that goes on. As an out and out manager, his record his rather poor at best, which shows that he is probably a better coach/assistant manager, than a proper manager.

On the other hand mind, has anyone else seen the enthusiasm he shows when he warms up the players before the games? Come on Maurice how about a smile sometimes eh! :D

Edited by Renegade