FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Highlights Videos - Support Thread

Scotty

This is the official support thread for the recent online videos now available on the official website of ICTFC. As you may know from discussions elsewhere in the forum, these videos are filmed by AndyCam and processed by ourselves (CTO) so that they can be displayed on the official site.

If you have any queries about the videos, problems viewing them, or suggestions on how we might improve them, please put it in here. Thanks.

We would also as that you please refrain from discussing the content of the videos in here - you can do that on the relevant matchday thread. Any posting that is not a query, problem or suggestion as noted above will be deleted.

O.K. Scotty. Here is one :-

I have no problem with viewing the video but I now have four video players all capable of showing this. Windows Media Player, Adobe Flash, Flv flash player and, probably, Real Player.

When the video is playing how can I determine which of these players it has automatically chosen to run it?

The url at the heading says wmv but does that mean Windows Media Player is running it or would it be the flv player. I think it is Window Media Player.

The task manager, surprisingly, does not show any Player application running, just the following two :- ICT video in Internet Explorer and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

When I right click on the video it shows a very small box with three options , two of which are, respectively, "about Flv player" and "about Adobe Flash 10." The questionn is which of these is actually playing the video. If I have this information I can compare video presentations and players for quality.

Thanks.

If you choose the WMV file it is Windows Media Player on your machine, if you choose the FLV file it will be Flash Player and should be mediaplayer.swf running directly from our hosting site within a browser window.

For me, the Flash one works fine, but the Windows Media one doesn't, it just comes up with a thing saying the plug-in has not been installed. Which plug in is it I need? This same message has popped up on a couple of streams/webcams I have tried to access.

For me, the Flash one works fine, but the Windows Media one doesn't, it just comes up with a thing saying the plug-in has not been installed. Which plug in is it I need? This same message has popped up on a couple of streams/webcams I have tried to access.

Will depend on your browser ..... if its IE it will likely support WMP but Firefox or others may need a plugin from the browser makers website.

Just tried it with IE and it works fine. I was using Google Chrome earlier and it was with that that the Windows Media stuff didn't work.

Edited by Renegade

I know this isn't a technical query, but it has been over 24 hours since the Morton game on Tuesday and no sign of any highlights yet. I noted that the Partick Thistle game is marked unavailable as well. Does this mean that we are limited to only home games and certain away games?

I know this isn't a technical query, but it has been over 24 hours since the Morton game on Tuesday and no sign of any highlights yet. I noted that the Partick Thistle game is marked unavailable as well. Does this mean that we are limited to only home games and certain away games?

The Morton highlights are up and Partick do their own highlights. You can view them for free on their website.

you should no by now it takes a lot of time to edit all the video then to upload it

every time i try and play ustream it keeps on saying

the following plug in has Crash,shockwave flash

been trying to fix this for weeks,i use Google Chrome,

Highlights were ready last night but unfortunately I am not able to login and change the pages on the official site so it has to wait for a member of ICT staff to do it ... it would have been outside office hours when the video was uploaded by me yesterday so this morning is the earliest opportunity for them to do that.

Regards Partick - they do film their own games but our last match against them doesnt seem to be online right now. We could also film it if we wanted but the simple fact is that we didnt have a camera person there. Please remember this is done by volunteers so yes, we will indeed be limited to "some" games both at home and away.

Highlights were ready last night but unfortunately I am not able to login and change the pages on the official site so it has to wait for a member of ICT staff to do it ... it would have been outside office hours when the video was uploaded by me yesterday so this morning is the earliest opportunity for them to do that.

Regards Partick - they do film their own games but our last match against them doesnt seem to be online right now. We could also film it if we wanted but the simple fact is that we didnt have a camera person there. Please remember this is done by volunteers so yes, we will indeed be limited to "some" games both at home and away.

Cheers chaps - was just a query and I am already on record saying this is a fanatastic boon for those of us not able to get to matches that often, and although it is brilliant to see match reports and commentary from other fans on the forum the highlights add enormously to the enjoyment.

As someone who has a huge pile of stuff to get through week after week, I can totally appreciate that there will be the odd delay from time to time and I am happy to wait.

Just watched the Morton game now and again - great job lads, keep it up! :023:

The Morton highlights are up and Partick do their own highlights. You can view them for free on their website.

Cheers RiG - good tip on the PT site, hadn't thought to check. Just watched it and in comparison to the effort our chaps put in for the video with team list and score announcements etc, theirs looks very basic.

Mind you, their keeper got one hell of a workout in the game! :023:

• 4 weeks later...