FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup Final (merged)

ICTPaisley

I couldn't care less what County get up to except to the extent that it effects us, and I am astonished and disappointed that ICT fans can be in favour of something which is detrimental to our club.

Cup success for County helps them in areas where we compete against them in a small local market - attracting new fans, attracting local business sponsorship, and attracting players.

This cup run has earned county a fortune, and a win and European football would make them even richer. The "Highland football" fans might like to consider that even if we get promoted, County would be able to offer the likes of Foran, Hayes and Rooney higher wages than we can.

So be careful what you wish for.

Excellent post, I wish I could say those were my motives but they do go a long way to reaffirming my position.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never support County, but it's always good to see some unhappy weegies. I'm extremely jealous of County, the fact they will play in a Scottish Cup Final before us grates, as does the probability of them being in Europe. But then we'll be back in the SPL, and we can over-write any history County have made.

I couldn't care less what County get up to except to the extent that it effects us, and I am astonished and disappointed that ICT fans can be in favour of something which is detrimental to our club.

Cup success for County helps them in areas where we compete against them in a small local market - attracting new fans, attracting local business sponsorship, and attracting players.

This cup run has earned county a fortune, and a win and European football would make them even richer. The "Highland football" fans might like to consider that even if we get promoted, County would be able to offer the likes of Foran, Hayes and Rooney higher wages than we can.

Utd have to finish second and beat Raith for county to be in europe

Utd have to finish second and beat Raith for county to be in europe

Or the unthinkable...... C*unty win the cup.

Yngwie has hit the nail squarely on the head. County's success today is undoubtedly bad news for ICT. The Highlands cannot support two clubs operating in the upper echelons of the Scottish game - it's a simple fact of social geography and economics. In very simple terms a business looking to spend some money entertaining clients at a game in the coming weeks is more likely to opt for the glamour of a trip to Hampden over the Dundee game on May 1st.

To be honest the County happy clappers on this thread make me cringe. My six year old ICT supporting son has more of a clue than these whoppers desperate to bask in the glory of County's day in the sun. The thought of alleged ICT fans cheering on that charlatan Barrowman at Hampden makes me nauseous. Please rememeber to remove your staggy jesters hat and face paint before returning to the TCS next season.

One team in Highlands!

Well done County on reaching the final of a cup. Well done ICT on another excellent 3 points which brings us even closer to promotion to SPL. IMO our win today was the much more important.

CMON INVERNESS

Anyone who was at Victoria Park the day County got relegated will remember the number of Inverness fans there wearing their ICT shirts. There were ICT supporters on both sides. A number danced in delight with the Gretna fans at their victory (and County's relegation) but there were far more Inverness supporters standing in support with the County fans than were with the Gretna fans.

The point is that most ICT fans will have nothing to do with the hate-filled venom that characterises the Old Firm divide. We are Highlanders and we are above that. Well done County for beating an OF team and for doing the Highlands proud. I hope you win the cup. And I hope we will be celebrating the League Championship before you get to Hampden. I would sooner take promotion than cup glory. I will miss the local derbys though. Few things are sweeter than beating our poor cousins from over the Bridge! :022:

Like many other ICT fans I was once an Old Firm fan - and a supporter of an Inverness club that now no longer exists. My support for both of them is well in the past. I delight in the defeat of either half of the OF by any other Scottish side. We can choose to live in the past or live in the present. I much rather the present where Highland teams can beat anyone in Scotland and win major trophies. Got to move on from the past!

Anyone who was at Victoria Park the day County got relegated will remember the number of Inverness fans there wearing their ICT shirts. There were ICT supporters on both sides. A number danced in delight with the Gretna fans at their victory (and County's relegation) but there were far more Inverness supporters standing in support with the County fans than were with the Gretna fans.

The point is that most ICT fans will have nothing to do with the hate-filled venom that characterises the Old Firm divide. We are Highlanders and we are above that. Well done County for beating an OF team and for doing the Highlands proud. I hope you win the cup. And I hope we will be celebrating the League Championship before you get to Hampden. I would sooner take promotion than cup glory. I will miss the local derbys though. Few things are sweeter than beating our poor cousins from over the Bridge! :022:

Like many other ICT fans I was once an Old Firm fan - and a supporter of an Inverness club that now no longer exists. My support for both of them is well in the past. I delight in the defeat of either half of the OF by any other Scottish side. We can choose to live in the past or live in the present. I much rather the present where Highland teams can beat anyone in Scotland and win major trophies. Got to move on from the past!

Well said

The point is that most ICT fans will have nothing to do with the hate-filled venom that characterises the Old Firm divide. We are Highlanders and we are above that. Well done County for beating an OF team and for doing the Highlands proud. I hope you win the cup. And I hope we will be celebrating the League Championship before you get to Hampden. I would sooner take promotion than cup glory. I will miss the local derbys though. Few things are sweeter than beating our poor cousins from over the Bridge! B)

How many tinks stood in the Falkirk end to watch us get relegated? How many tinks have spouted off about wanting us to go into administration and die? F*ck C*unty and f*ck their fans, that goes for all the hangers on and glory hunters that they pick up along the way, I sincerely hope that if C*unty win the cup they pick up and keep any of our fans who attend that match in support of C*unty because they are welcome to them.

My father was brought up in Glenrothes, if Raith make the final I shall be cheering them on. My mother was brought up in Tayside, I'll be supporting Utd if they make the final.

Edited by Revbirdog

Birdy....I think we just have to accept that some of us have differnt ideas of what following a team involves mate! You and I and some others are clearly old school......others are more liberal in their attitudes!

I say this extract from A96's excellent post (above) should be written in 50 ft high letters of fire.

The point is that most ICT fans will have nothing to do with the hate-filled venom that characterises the Old Firm divide. We are Highlanders and we are above that.

Well JB.....i have held such sport related rivalries for over 30 yrs now....it has never gone beyond a healthy dislike for the club. i have a number of pals who support RC (as well as many other teams)....who i could go and have a drink with...so i think if my rivarly was gonna manifest into something more ugly, it would have done so by now.

Birdy....I think we just have to accept that some of us have differnt ideas of what following a team involves mate! You and I and some others are clearly old school......others are more liberal in their attitudes!

Post it on P&B and im sure you'll get a lot of support from the old-school Old Firm fans aswell.

A lot of people aren't actually as enamoured with the actual football as much as they are with creating hate figures to excuse their anger outlet, imho.

Anyhoo...if Raith were to get through, how many fans would be at hampden? 20,000 at most? Would be a cracking game RC v Raith though. Dundee Utd voted against ICT getting up so...

One thing the County result yesterday has done is put football outwith Central Scotland on the map and made some people (particularly in the media) sit up and take note. Whether this continues or they fall back into their weegie centric coverage is quite another matter altogether.

Johnboy it has b*gger all to do with bigotry, bigotry is an intolerance of another person's religion or race. This is about rivalry not intolerance. C*unty fans hate our club and wish they would die (in the business trading sense of the word), I am only returning the favour. Believe me, I live in Staggy country and have done for the past 15 years, I know how their fans think and what they think about us.

One thing the County result yesterday has done is put football outwith Central Scotland on the map and made some people (particularly in the media) sit up and take note. Whether this continues or they fall back into their weegie centric coverage is quite another matter altogether.

The rise, and subsequent death, of the "New Firm" did the same, nothing changed!

Johnboy it has b*gger all to do with bigotry, bigotry is an intolerance of another person's religion or race. This is about rivalry not intolerance. C*unty fans hate our club and wish they would die (in the business trading sense of the word), I am only returning the favour. Believe me, I live in Staggy country and have done for the past 15 years, I know how their fans think and what they think about us.

When does it stop being about football and being about something else?

When does it stop being about football and being about something else?

B) What does that even mean?

I'd be interested in hearing how you define old school supporter.