FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland out of luck

caley100

We had the luck on staurday, to-night we were outclassed big time.

Ukraine are quality, but for the inept refereeing performance we might had snatched a point, talk about one sided descisions, what afud from the Calum Murray school of refs.

However our defence looked slow and ponderous, Neilson did not show up very well in his debut being exposed time after time.

Georgia got a draw with Italy, so we have a real group of death forming.

Keep up Ricky, they still have half an hour to go and it's now 1-2 for Italy, France two up after twenty two minutes.

Scotlands luck was bound to run out sooner rather than later and Ukraine deserved to win, mind you, Miller missed a sitter :019:

from a footballl perspective we got what we deserved,however as Caley100 pointed oot the ref was a joke,(glad to see its no just Scottish refs that are pish).whats worse though i fear is the loss of Faddy,Fletcher and Elvis for the Georgia game  :007:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Sergi Baltacha must be laughing all the way to the dole office after the way the referee handed 3 points to his comrades tonight.

But our tactics also played a part. When we attacked we were dangerous. Their defence is awful, but we just didn't test them enough. I'm sure if we'd pressed them we'd have been rewarded. But we were content to sit back and let them come at us as if we were playing Brazil. 'Sitting in' might work against a team like France whose attacking strategy is based on 'exploiting space with pace', and whose posers 'don't like it up em', but Ukraines attackers are more of a physical threat, Shevcheko is the best penalty box poacher in the world (after Ian Stewart) so I think we got it wrong.

Kris Boyd should have come on straight after we went 1-0 down. The Messiah Walter Smith maybe showed some of his weaknesses tonight.  :notworthy01: We were far too negative, but in saying that we still almost snatched something.

McFadden nearly let us down again tonight, he should have been sent off for stamping on that guy. I'd like to see Barry Robson getting a chance out on the left.  He's the kind of guy who can produce something from nothing that we need when we're not sending much support forward :005:

We'll stuff them at Hampden. Forget the 'Orange Revolution', the Smith Revolution has the world shaking in it's boots! Hail Tovarish Smith our mighty leader!