Subs:

Adam Macleod

Kyle Whyte

Liam Polworth

Robert Donaldson

Neil Erskine

Edited by caleyrule

Butcher must go! :irritated:

Are you mad or what? I seriously hope you jest!

His options were what, precisely?

I will repeat a post I made on the Peterhead thread..........Maybe so...but don't you think it would be just a leetle shade patronising to put the whole U-19 team in against Wick Academy in the NOS cup.given that with Gil and Foran still not fit, Innes not around and 16 penciled in for Peterhead.that leaves only four players who would get to rest anyway...........and there aren't enough u-19s to make up a team and fill the bench?

I doubt anyone is going to get a rest.

There was a choice to be made.and it was made....better to get to the next round of the CIS cup and possibly a chance of a big pay day, than the NOS cup, which will gain not a lot more than match practice.

And, tbh. Wick is a decent enough team.......play good passing football......and only the terminally over-optimistic would have expected the divine right of winning just because we are ICT.......when we had no option but to put boys in against men. The boys played well.....very well for chunks of time.....worked hard for each other. They missed a few chances......made a few mistakes.............as did Wick..but wick took their few chances, made less mistakes. .... but then they have the benefit of experience.

• Disagree 6

I will repeat a post I made on the Peterhead thread..........Maybe so...but don't you think it would be just a leetle shade patronising to put the whole U-19 team in against Wick Academy in the NOS cup.given that with Gil and Foran still not fit, Innes not around and 16 penciled in for Peterhead.that leaves only four players who would get to rest anyway...........and there aren't enough u-19s to make up a team and fill the bench?

There was a choice to be made.and it was made....better to get to the next round of the CIS cup and possibly a chance of a big pay day, than the NOS cup, which will gain not a lot more than match practice.

And, tbh. Wick is a decent enough team.......play good passing football......and only the terminally over-optimistic would have expected the divine right of winning just because we are ICT.......when we had no option but to put boys in against men. The boys played well.....very well for chunks of time.....worked hard for each other. They missed a few chances......made a few mistakes.............as did Wick..but wick took their few chances, made less mistakes. .... but then they have the benefit of experience.

:lol: Oh dear.

Hear hear, I'm calling a meeting with the board tomorrow.

The boys must be feeling pretty disappointed to lose,not to worry they'll win it next year and have a lot more important games to be involved with between now and then.

Guest Mahonio

:clapping::clapping: Well said dear, but i have a slight feeling RIG was being sarcastic. I got a text off a Celtic fan at the end of the game laughing at me regarding this result and i more or less told him what you are telling RIG and i got a message back stating that "Wick train once a week, Caley every day" and i then told him that no matter how many times they train, experience will more often than not overcome youth and i haven't got a reply back from him, i suspect he has nae answer for that quote.

:clapping::clapping: Well said dear, but i have a slight feeling RIG was being sarcastic. I got a text off a Celtic fan at the end of the game laughing at me regarding this result and i more or less told him what you are telling RIG and i got a message back stating that "Wick train once a week, Caley every day" and i then told him that no matter how many times they train, experience will more often than not overcome youth and i haven't got a reply back from him, i suspect he has nae answer for that quote.

Realised that after I saw the remark about Gordon Chisholm. :happy:

I'm afraid I tend to go more with the smilies after remarks when I don't know the poster on forums.......plus the memories of other comments like that on here in the past, with as little cause.

Maybe a sarcastic smilie would be a good idea!, the Irritated one doesn't quite have the same effect.