FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hearts

Guest Mahonio

IMO, we need to change the formation because at home a 4-2-3-1 isn't working so i would go with a 4-1-4-1 next week with this team barring injury that is:

Esson (virtually guarenteed despite what some say)

Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Gillet

Duncan

Hayes, Cox, Duff, Sanchez

Rooney.

I felt quite bad at leaving Eric out but he could come on as a supersub and also about dropping Ross but going by the reports on the Hibs matchday thread, Sanchez deserves a starting role next week :twothumbsup:

Thoughts?

-Esson-

- McCann - Tokely - Munro - Gillet -

- Proctor - Duncan -

- Cox -

- Odhiambo - Hayes -

- Rooney -

Was Gillet injured yesterday?

I include McCann as due to extra injury recovery as well as the fact it's in his loan agreement couldnt play yesterday.

Reckon we should go more 4-2-1-2-1. Give a bit more in the middle of the park but allow Cox to push forward and support the attacking three with Proctor and Duncan protecting the back 4. Would have Proctor push out to support McCann with Cox dropping back and Hayes helping Gillet when on the defensive.

4-2-3-1 aint working? The reason it didn't work v hamilton was because we were just god awful

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Gillet

Duff Cox

Odihambo Sanchez Hayes

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Shinnie, Duncan, Morrison, Ross, Sutherland

Ok Michael, maybe i worded it wrong. What i meant to say was, why not change the formation if at home if our results have not been great and i am not talking about the Hamilton game only, we lost a lot of home games last year as well and what i don't understand is, why doesn't Terry try different formations until we play well and get a result and once we have then stick by it for home games and go our current 4-2-3-1 away from home.

4-2-3-1 aint working? The reason it didn't work v hamilton was because we were just god awful

There's more than a grain of truth in that.

Esson

McCann (if fit) Tokely Munro Gillet

Duff Cox

Hayes Odhiambo Sanchez

Rooney

Proctor, Ross,McBain Duncan Tuffey

Esson is the man in possession and only injury will debar him if he maintains his present level of performance.

Proctor is NOT a right back - Mccann is and so is Tokely - both should be in front of him -and Innes in front of Tokely for central defence.

Sutherland and Rooney are too much alike to start.

Why is everybody missing out Ross - Sanchez may have looked good but IMHO he is a far more effective player away from home.

4-2-3-1 is the way to play - Hearts aint going to be as defensive as hamilton and we have to be more patient and drag them oou.

IMO, we need to change the formation because at home a 4-2-3-1 isn't working so i would go with a 4-1-4-1 next week with this team barring injury that is:

Ok Michael, maybe i worded it wrong. What i meant to say was, why not change the formation if at home if our results have not been great and i am not talking about the Hamilton game only, we lost a lot of home games last year as well and what i don't understand is, why doesn't Terry try different formations until we play well and get a result and once we have then stick by it for home games and go our current 4-2-3-1 away from home.

Completely disagree with you Mahonio. Yes we've lost our two games at Home this season but these were against Celtic and Hamilton where we were dire as a whole. The formation shouldn't change on the back of that. You say that we lost some home games last season as well. Whilst this is correct I think these games were right at the start of the season before we settled into the 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 style we have now and look where that got us? 20 odd games unbeaten and a massive 27 point swing to take the title from Dundee. The system works but we are coming up against much beter opposition this season and I see no point changing is because of that.

Esson will surely stay in goals and I thought Innes did well when he came on and he could be a good option to use against the bustling Kevin Kyle. I don't think Proctor played overly well last Saturday but due to Gillets injury that might limit any tinkering at the back unless McCann is ready to come back from injury. I expect a back line of

Esson

Proctor Innes Munro Tokely

I think we should freshen things up in the midfield. Sanchez came on and did okay last weekend but I am not sure if he should start. A good option to come off the bench though. Nick Ross didn't get much change out of Hibs last week and I would like to see Duncan back. Odihambo could go to the left (or right if we wanted to change Hayes over) leaving our midfield looking something like

Duncan Cox

Hayes / Odihambo Duff Hayes / Odihambo

Up front will obviously be Rooney leaving the whole team looking like

Esson

Proctor Innes Munro Tokely

Duncan Cox

Hayes / Odihambo Duff Hayes / Odihambo

Rooney

Ross will be a good option off the bench for a tiring Hayes or Odihambo, the latter of which I think is better placed wide instead of behind the striker. I see no reason why the above team couldn't get a decent result against Hearts but it will be tough. They looked pretty nifty as they demolished Accies a few weeks back and JJ seems to have a beter handle on the squad than previous managers. Personlly I'd be happy with a draw in this game.

Edited by RiG

Esson

McCann Tokely Munro Gillet

Duff Duncan Cox

Odhiambo Rooney Hayes

Subs - Tuffey, Sanchez, McBain, Ross, Proctor, Innes, Sutherland

If Sanchez, Gillet and/or McCann are out, I'd move Tokely onto right-back with Innes moving in should McCann be out, with McBain coming in for Gillet.

its been confirmed on the official site that Gillet is gonna be out for several weeks after damaging cartilage. :thumbdown:

story on ofiicial page

we really dont seem to be having much luck on the injury front this season

Shame, i can't wait until everyones back and we have our first 11 out there. So whos in for Gillet then? McBain or Golly :ponder:

I'd go with Golly as he didn't do anything wrong last season to lose his place and deserves another go.

Shame, i can't wait until everyones back and we have our first 11 out there. So whos in for Gillet then? McBain or Golly :ponder:

I'd go with Golly as he didn't do anything wrong last season to lose his place and deserves another go.

Personally I'd go with McBain. Nothing against Golly as I don't think either of them have the pace to play LB effectively but I believe McBain is the fitter of the two. Maybe we'll see Tokely at LB again?