FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchnight Thread: Aberdeen -V- ICT

Scotty

Had another look on the live feed there but tbh the ball was so far over Munro's head when he went down that I couldn't tell if he'd been pushed. Certainly seemed pretty soft.

We're lucky to be ahead - Aberdeen were definitely the better side from about 10 minutes in and Esson has had a good game. Hope TB can get us to raise our game for the second half, though, because we can definitely nick goals on the counter if the final ball gets a bit better. Would like to see Eric on from about the hour mark.

I don't think he dived, there seemed to be a bit of jostling in the box. Nothing unusual, I think even he was surprised it was a pen. A bit harsh on the Dons, but Rooney slotted it beautifully considering the keeper went the right way. Aberdeen actually had the better of the play and looked much more like scoring than we did, apart from a nice chance we had at the very beginning. Esson made a great save to keep it 0-0. They don't really deserve to be behind, but such is football. I expect they will come out fighting in the second half.

Caley it wasnt so much that munro cheated but he made the most of the situation. Folley i think it was who pushed him and he has gone down. 1 of those that you could argue anywhere else then yes but not in the penalty box and with the ref standing 10-15 yards away pretty much looking right at it then to the ref it was a stone waller. as the person commentating on the game in the stream im watching said, it happens all the time and this is one of those very few times that something like that was penalised specially for the attacking team. Will be interesting to see what Terry and Mark make of it after the

I take it Aberdeen were not happy ??? 3 players booked at the same time as the penalty ?

TBH they are are right to be miffed. Munro threw himself down, never a penalty :laugh:

it was a penalty i saw it on the radio :nanananana::nanananana::nanananana::nanananana:

Edited by cairngorm
  • Agree 1

Not a classic performance by any stretch but chances are coming and we just need to make them count.

Wasn't certain Aberdeen had any fans here they've been so quiet, but someone dropped 50p from their pocket when we got the penalty and the feckers went mental until it had been found.

• Agree 1