FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts game 18th Dec -Advice

caleydaft

Now I have finished de-frosting after last nights game I thinking forward to my next planned away game on 18th Dec to Tynecastle. I have only ever done this by car before but am planning train this time. I am looking for some advice on a decent pub between Haymarket & Tynecastle that we can get some food & drink (with kids) on route to game.

Presume the best bet is the train at 9.18 from Sneckie coming back at 17.41 ????

Cheers.

I am coming up from leeds for this match, is there any particular pub that the usuall crowd gathers at?

Last few times a lot of people have gone to the Athletic Arms, better known as Diggers, which is on Angle Park Terrace, just off the junction of Gorgie Road and Dalry Road. It's only about 5 minutes walk from the ground and both sets of supporters can mingle in there peacefully, but it does get very busy in the hour before kick off. The Caledonian Sample Rooms just round the corner is decent too.

Presume the best bet is the train at 9.18 from Sneckie coming back at 17.41 ????

This is correct. Change at Perth on the outward journey. Through train on the way back. Due in Sneckie just after 2100 (9 pm in old money). Might be on it myself.