FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley for UEFA Cup?

Guest Kieran

Never mind aiming for a top-six place we could yet be in the UEFA Cup. Think about it, if we finish fourth, and Rangers or Celtic win the Scottish Cup we could be in with a shout!

steady on now.

Top six would be a major achievment for us, I will still be pleased with survival for yet another season and hope

if the suggested investment is forthcoming to move onwards and upwards next year

I suspect we will prob finish between 8th and 5th this year

steady on now.

Top six would be a major achievment for us, I will still be pleased with survival for yet another season and hope

if the suggested investment is forthcoming to move onwards and upwards next year

I suspect we will prob finish between 8th and 5th this year

:025: :025:

I think all talk of survival in the SPL should now be forgotten about, the team are better than that we have all gotta think positive and look to a top of table finish, i still think as i have said before this weekend, that if we achieve half as much in November as we have in october ICT will be easily in for a top 6 finish its gonna be a tough month, but no reason why we should not prosper.

Macca

I aggree with Caley D. These boys and the managment have done h£ll of a well to have got where they are on the resorces they have. Never say never but dont expect it. And be sure 10CC gets the sack if we dont get top three!  :015:

BTW I think we could drop back down the leagie in the next few games. Our games arent very well oganised with a run of hard ones and then a run of easyer one's and the hard ones are coming up again.  :009:

Guest Kingsmills2

Steady on ! We've had a great recent spell aided by a little goopd fortune but the first priority remains to secure our SPL status for next season before we then look towards a top six finish.

UEFA Cup qualification through the league, although not impossible, remains a distant prospect.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

It's not just about how well we do, it depends on how badly the opposition do. Hearts could certainly crumble because of their Political problems and end up mid-table. There could easily be player strikes, points deductions, contract terminations, divisions between rebels and 'scabs', even bankrupcy if Romanov calls it a day.

Rangers should have enough firepower to finish second, but will drop points depending on how far they go in Europe, plus PLG might turn out to be a French Craig Brewster, a one hit wonder who got lucky in his first job, and actually doesn't have a clue what he's doing. The classic 'monkey in a suit' scenario.  :014:

Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will both be tough nuts to crack, but we've already held our own against them on their own patches this season. Hibs new manager is an unknown quantity, plus Mowbray will raid all their best players come the transfer window.

Top 6 would represent good progress, but top 3 could be within the realms of possibility if we get lucky.  :024:

If it was February/March then we could focus on these lofty aspirations but as it's the last day of October and we have some hard winter months ahead which are usually when the league positions are shaken up into something more like what they will be in May.

I'd go along with the old cliche  - take one match at a time - lets focus on Aberdeen , then Hibs,Celtic etc etc...

I'd go along with the old cliche  - take one match at a time - lets focus on Aberdeen , then Hibs,Celtic etc etc...

Careful Kaiser, you might get labelled as a non believer or a boo boy with that kind of attitude...

RiG, you constantly moan about the poor atmosphere at games, then when people get a little excited about the prospect of a good finish in the SPL and the possibility of bigger things your on their backs for getting carried away!!!!

It's the fans place to get excited about these things and use that energy to fuel thier support for the team on matchdays, it's the job of CC and the rest of the management team aswell as the players to keep their feet on the ground (as well as the ball..pleaseee) in order to keep grinding out the results and fueling the excitement for the fans.