FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster back in Football

Joonya

Good luck to him. He's actually a top-class coach/assistant manager.

Haha that is said with tounge in cheek right? surely no one can actually believe that he is a good coach/assistant manager or manager...just a man with an over inflated ego who thinks he is a lot better than he is would be my summary of Brewster

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Haha that is said with tounge in cheek right? surely no one can actually believe that he is a good coach/assistant manager or manager...just a man with an over inflated ego who thinks he is a lot better than he is would be my summary of Brewster

Not really. Brewster had many flaws but he was one of the best we've ever had here in terms of keeping the players fit. Folks like Barry Wilson shed weight through Brewsters training sessions. So as long as he is not top dog in a managerial team i think you at least have yourself a good coach in the ranks. He just dosent have the charisma or man managment skills for a top job.

• Agree 2

Not really. Brewster had many flaws but he was one of the best we've ever had here in terms of keeping the players fit. Folks like Barry Wilson shed weight through Brewsters training sessions. So as long as he is not top dog in a managerial team i think you at least have yourself a good coach in the ranks. He just dosent have the charisma or man managment skills for a top job.

Fitness coaches are ten a penny to be honest,never stated that he didn't keep the players fit,if anything he went overboard with fitness and upset the players with his constant focus on fitness and not much on ball work,i was stating the fact that he is not a good manager or assistant manager.....Sacked by United,Sacked by us and the gadgies 3rd bottom(only because Calderwood saved them) overlooked for the job in Dungwall kind of sums things up,he isn't even good enough for a mediocre job let alone a top job!!!

Sorry but Craig Brewster done very well for us in his first term. Boardroom bickering, Chairman shuffling and dressing room troublemakers didn't help his chances in his second term. Yes he got sacked at Dundee U but, to be fair, he was one of many who were sacked there over a short period of time. Since the birth of ICT DU have gone through eleven managers. I wish the guy well in wherever he ends up. He has a lot to give to football.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Sorry but Craig Brewster done very well for us in his first term. Boardroom bickering, Chairman shuffling and dressing room troublemakers didn't help his chances in his second term. Yes he got sacked at Dundee U but, to be fair, he was one of many who were sacked there over a short period of time. Since the birth of ICT DU have gone through eleven managers. I wish the guy well in wherever he ends up. He has a lot to give to football.

Nah, he was bloody awful at Dundee United. He showed no chance of turning it around and they would almost certainly have been relegated. Levein came in and showed him how to run a club.

Brew should never have come back so soon when he wasn't wanted. He continued his poor managerial form apart from a brief burst. He needs to spend more time in the lower leagues or as an assistant before he tries again. I could actually see him do well as the latter (as some seem to agree) but he isn't yet manager material.