News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

ICT - Player Sponsorship

Scotty

Sorry this is a little late, but just to let everyone know we DO hope to sponsor a player again this year but the arrangements will be a little different.

After 8 years of valiantly organising and collating the yearly player sponsorship, Kay (Guzz) has (reluctantly) decided she is unable to continue organising it. Nothing sinister in all this, just personal priorities and other things that must take precedence. I want to take this opportunity to thank Kay publicly for taking up the reins of organising this sponsorship when I moved across the pond ... I know full well its not the easiest of tasks !!!

Kay will endeavour to get the results of last year's sponsorship up on the site as soon as possible and to let the winners know what they got.

Moving forward, it seems that things will now come full circle .... After giving up the organisation of the sponsorship in 2003, I will once again take up those reins and with the help of PayPal, CaleyD (oops, havent told him this yet), and perhaps one or two of the mods we should be able to keep it going in as efficient a fashion as it has run for the last 10+ seasons.

I will add a thread to this forum later with our normal style of paid/unpaid list and given that our main sponsorship last season was Grant Munro, will speak to the club about which players are available. We can then hold a poll to see which player(s) we will sponsor out of those who are available. 100% of the money taken in will go to sponsorship, so the more we raise, the more we will sponsor, just like previous years, and also like previous years, CTO will, within reason, pick up any shortfall when we have reached one sponsorship goal but not quite reached the next one.

based on our last discussion on this matter towards the end of the season, I think that was the general feeling of the majority .....

once I know who is available we will allow those who have paid for sponsorship to submit a vote for one of the available players. Highest total wins !!!