FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2011/12 Relegation Predictions (old poll)

Renegade

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will ICT stay up in season 2011/12?

2. 2. Who will be relegated from the SPL next season?

• ICT
    • St Mirren
    • St Johnstone
    • Kilmarnock
    • Dunfermline Athletic
    • Hibernian
    • Aberdeen
    • Someone Else

I know we do this debate pretty much every year, but what chances do you think ICT have of going down next season. According to the latest odds, ICT are 6-1 to go down, but are ahead of the likes of St Mirren, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock. So do think ICT will stay up next season? This poster says yes.

Edited by Renegade

I hope it is St Mirren, but I fear that if Dunfermline are relying on Barrenman for goals, they have no chance.

History shows that the promoted team nearly always stays up, but I'm not sure if the Pars really shone sufficiently in a weaker than ever Div 1 to convince me that they will do well. So they get my vote, reluctantly.

• Agree 1

Terry has not yet even cobbled a full side together .

So how can we predict anything?

It all depends on how they gel together and how quickly each new player in the lineup figures out how the others operate and what his individual role is in the scheme of things--but you could say that about any of the other teams, couldn't you.

Hibs will continue to struggle I think and Ian Black seems to have blotted his copybook so how many of the other young starlets think more about their fun times than of making the full commitment to that team and to their future?

Could be an interesting season. My question now that Mixu is no longer in the mix is how well will Kilmarnock do ?

The Midden have been living on borrowed time. Make or break time for Danny Lennon, if his latest crop of signings improve the team then he'll feel he's arrived as a manager. Hope they bomb.

I think we'll struggle to maintain the same performance as last time, but enough experience in the squad to stay up.

Obviously I hope this turns out to be unkind comment on Terry & Mo's judgement.

• 10 months later...

I had a recollection that we did a poll like this before the season started. Well done to all 68 voters who correctly predicted that ICT would stay up, and to the 11 who tipped the Pars for the drop.

if Dunfermline are relying on Barrenman for goals, they have no chance.

3 league goals says it all, and he finds himself relegated again. ICT went down in 2009 because we placed too much faith in a striker who was unproven at SPL level. Dunfermline were the greater fools because he was proven to be rubbish by the time they signed him. Let's hope County re-sign him to add more 'SPL experience' to their squad.

• Agree 1

we'll stay up

st mirren will go down

hearts will finish 3rd

have your own guess on which OF team will win the league

we will finish top 5 and get a europa league spot

anyone want to see their futures just pm me twothumbsup.gif

ahhh it only feels like yesterday. i was so confident.

Noting that a few people have voted today in the 2011/12 relegation poll, I should perhaps clarify that this is a year old thread that has been revided to see how accurate our predictions were!

Edited by Yngwie

I had a recollection that we did a poll like this before the season started. Well done to all 68 voters who correctly predicted that ICT would stay up, and to the 11 who tipped the Pars for the drop.

if Dunfermline are relying on Barrenman for goals, they have no chance.

3 league goals says it all, and he finds himself relegated again. ICT went down in 2009 because we placed too much faith in a striker who was unproven at SPL level. Dunfermline were the greater fools because he was proven to be rubbish by the time they signed him. Let's hope County re-sign him to add more 'SPL experience' to their squad.

3 goals? That'll be the same as Billy MacKay and 1 more than Ritchie Foran then. :hiding02:

we'll stay up

st mirren will go down

hearts will finish 3rd

have your own guess on which OF team will win the league

we will finish top 5 and get a europa league spot

anyone want to see their futures just pm me twothumbsup.gif

ahhh it only feels like yesterday. i was so confident.

:ponder: