FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists

Libero

Nacho Novo is playing for us tonight in a trial ive heard

These sort of rumours are actually believed by some. I was at the livingston game and i heard someone say "whos that player who was wanted by Inter Milan? Oh yeah Rooney."

Well it means i will be tuning into this game tonight with intrest...then we will all realise he wont be on the bench.

Edited by ajsict92

he says he is looking for another defender and a striker which is brilliant as i feel we may need one more attacker to help mckay sutherland foran as i feel tade wont get a huge amount of goals and of course a defender to strengthen that backline he did say he feels we are 2 or 3 away from where they would like to be in terms of numbers so hopefully we will get a few others and then maybe some loans after the start of the season

I reckon a right back and a center half is a must. Meekings is out for a month to 6 weeks ive heard.

Another striker isnt a bad shout, maybe someone with a slightly better goals to game ratio, with Duff not coming back another utility player wouldnt be out of the question either.

I cant say i'm impressed by the look of the defence so far, TB says he is looking for another defender, now that worries me a lot! he signed a couple of young inexperienced guys, none of them right backs, which means he plans to play Proctor at right back.

I'm having nighmares about Rossco, Proc and a young inexperienced defender alongside them, fecking hell!! Proctor is NOT a good defender never was never will be and if TB thinks he will be, we are in the shyte.

Its understandable that the management look to the future and bring on young players but the defence needs to be solid and using untried young players is a very serious gamble, which i hope does not backfire.

• Agree 3

Michael Andrews, who was on trial with us has signed for Montrose

Montrose sprung a surprise before the match, fielded new signing goalkeeper Michael Andrews. The 20-year-old Scotland Under-21 internationalist had spent last season on loan to East Stirlingshire last season from Falkirk. He was surprisingly freed by Falkirk in the summer in a cost-cutting exercise and had been on trial with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if Rohan Ricketts would be worthy of a trial at ICT ???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/04/rohan-ricketts-twitter-football

Former TFC player, did OK for Toronto and developed a bit of a cult following due to his internet savvy presence on Twitter (even if his posts were sometimes a bit too brutally honest!). Played for Arsenal, Spurs, Coventry, Wolves, QPR, Barnsley amongst others and Aberdeen reputedly wanted to sign him year before last but didnt have the budget. Scored a few decent goals for TFC and is currently without a club.

Was on about ?2000 per week at TFC so given a couple of years on and lower level clubs maybe within our price range ???

• 2 weeks later...