FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lets be good 2011/12

Gringo

The new season kicks off today so lets show the SPL that we can behave ourselves on the away trips.

No winding up of the Stewards and getting thrown out is allowed this season.

Please - behave for the benefit of others and the club.

• Agree 6

Nobody biting? OK, I will. Say what you like Dougal in pursuit of your agenda but please draw the line at comparing our fans to "cretins" Cretinism is a severe learning disability, and the term is archaic and pejorative. It is nowadays called congenital hypothyroidism and is shamefully ill used in this case.

Davie, I was going to bite and had typed out a reply to our friend Dougal earlier but decided he can only post negative thoughts or be completely opposite to everyone else as it's the only way he will be noticed on here.

I agree with your post 100% and the only shameful thing regarding this thread is Dougals choice to compare our fans to cretins, no matter your thoughts don't turn on your own, yes I have posted last season on the issue discussed but the only time I have slagged one of our fans was for his language and use of one particular word and I wasn't the only one to mention it.

Well said Gringo

I only attended four away games last season but the goading of stewards etc did lead to a very unpleasant atmosphere

Unfortunately I feel your plea will fall on deaf ears due to the drinking culture amongst some of our travelling support

What hope do the younger fans have when some of our more senior supporters are the worst culprits, you only have to look at the number of posters on here who continually boast about how much drink they had or are going to have on their travels

Now I'm far from Tee Total myself but I would never get into the states some of these sorry individuals get at the games, i'm there for the football first and foremost

I'm not going to name names but these cretins know who they are and i'm afraid they are an embarrassment to the club

dougal

Did we play 4 times at Ibrox last year?

• Agree 1

Well at least Dougal was in Glasgow yesterday and really could have rushed across town to take in two matches.

As for the cretins I have to agree with Dougal. They have been a total embarrassment, not only to our club but Scottish football in general. Their behaviour has been churlish, offensive and infantile at times. They blatantly show off to their mates and have really no respect for anybody around them But yesterday I thought that the stewards were great.

• Agree 3

Well at least Dougal was in Glasgow yesterday and really could have rushed across town to take in two matches.

As for the cretins I have to agree with Dougal. They have been a total embarrassment, not only to our club but Scottish football in general. Their behaviour has been churlish, offensive and infantile at times. They blatantly show off to their mates and have really no respect for anybody around them But yesterday I thought that the stewards were great.

Hmmm..................thought it might have been too subtle for some :tongueincheek: ..........Amen

Nice to see Dougal is still all full of sweetness and light. I've been away from the board for a while, but it's good to see that some things haven't changed in my absence :tongueincheek:

Nice to see you back again Emma. Hope to see you at some games as well and maybe even on the Highland Express from Perth

I am getting seriously concerned about IHE --his posts on here recently have become solid, staid, and filled with too much undramatic common sense so what's going on here?

The cloak of Regularism does not fit on this avid supporter very well, hides his true personality and I think he is entering either his dotage or is in some form of decline.

Wheest!!! Anybody else as concerned as I am? :cry:

I did not call all ICT fans cretins i referred to the ones that drink far too much, cause bother and get ejected from the various stadiums around Scotland as cretins

I didn't see any fans acting in the manner you describe above on Saturday Dougal - did you?

Davie, I was going to bite and had typed out a reply to our friend Dougal earlier but decided he can only post negative thoughts or be completely opposite to everyone else as it's the only way he will be noticed on here.

I agree with your post 100% and the only shameful thing regarding this thread is Dougals choice to compare our fans to cretins, no matter your thoughts don't turn on your own, yes I have posted last season on the issue discussed but the only time I have slagged one of our fans was for his language and use of one particular word and I wasn't the only one to mention it.

Read my post again I did not call all ICT fans cretins i referred to the ones that drink far too much, cause bother and get ejected from the various stadiums around Scotland as cretins

Maybe you should get the Mrs to explain other peoples posts like she does on all other football matters before you even think replying in future

Oh and what irony IHE accusing me of being an Orc when in fact he is the biggest Septic on this site :amazed:

Just for the record I despise both sides of the Old firm equally

dougal

So, what you are saying Dougal is that, persons who suffer from congenital hypothyroidism (cretinism) drink too much, cause bother and get ejected from various stadiums. My wife, who supports persons with learning difficulties, takes serious offence at those unjust and unfounded comparisons.

Read my post again I did not call all ICT fans cretins i referred to the ones that drink far too much, cause bother and get ejected from the various stadiums around Scotland as cretins

Maybe you should get the Mrs to explain other peoples posts like she does on all other football matters before you even think replying in future

Oh and what irony IHE accusing me of being an Orc when in fact he is the biggest Septic on this site :amazed:

Just for the record I despise both sides of the Old firm equally

dougal

So, what you are saying Dougal is that, persons who suffer from congenital hypothyroidism (cretinism) drink too much, cause bother and get ejected from various stadiums. My wife, who supports persons with learning difficulties, takes serious offence at those unjust and unfounded comparisons.

Thats not what i'm saying and you know it Alex

On hindsight I shouldnt have used the word cretin without really knowing what the term meant so I apologise and I'll delete my posts

Sorry

dougal

• Agree 3

No need for deletion. The apology is quite enough and deserving of a green one.

Many people us terms that describe an illness or disability as a means of describing something totally different without first stopping to think that many others may have a close connection with the afflicted persons. The use of words like cretin, mongol, spastic etc are offensive to many and have no place in the modern language.

As for the title of the thread..........it is my intention to enjoy a good drink and a bit of craic and banter before and after every game I can attend this season.