FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Kilmarnock : Matchday Thread

Scotty

It may just be me, but I didn't think he dived. I thought his wee leggies just never went fast enough. He was causing problems for us with his quick feet, tricky player. Sometimes people just fall over, not a crime to be honest. :shrug:

He got praise in the match report on here :-

Well, last week at Pittodrie young Spaniard Roman Golobart was crucified for his Spanish dancing. He must have been taking lessons as this week his potential was there for all to see, he even had time to woosh a couple of Killie players as he displayed an arrogance and panache that will glue him to the Caley Jags support, well done Golly and man of the match award fully justified.

I thought he had a pretty good game, liked how he gave Dayton pelters for his diving. Hogg didn't look quite so assured nearly gifting Killie a goal and giving away a free kick in an dangerous position.

I still feel on the whole we give the opposition too much time on the ball in the final third and need to close down with a little more urgency. That said all in all a much improved performance where for large parts of the game we looked like we had self belief and the confidence to win, and that's great to see.

We put a good number of balls into the box but there never seemed to be anyone on the end of it most of the time would still like to see a poacher / target man to resolve this.

I didn't think Dayton dived either. Thought he just fell over to be honest, and I don't think he appealed for a penalty did he?

Honestly mate, I was right in line with it and he awsn't touched. It was a cracker though! I thought he got such a reaction because he is a really tricky player but he got caught up in things yeasterday - he wasn't half as effective after the "penalty" incident.

Edited by davie

Aye, yer right Manfer, he just got in what my mammy would term as a "fankle". By the way, has anyone noticed that the BBC website still has a claim that a Killie player was hit by something from the crowd after Sheil's goal? Their own highlights clearly show two of their players bumping heads at 01:25 on the video. It's a pretty serious thing to infer about ICT fans though - especially those well known rowdies in the centre stand. If he was going to be hit by anything, it might be a flying werther's original, but there's no video evidence of that. I reckon the BBC should aplogise.

I can't believe Dayton got MOTM in the Sunday Post. If that reporter was in the main stand he must have seen the blatant diving. If he did see it, then that means he condones it. If he didn't see it, then what was he watching? Some of the antics of the killie players were embarrasing!!! :notlistening:

Totally agree. Whatever was the Sunday Post reporter thinking? Dayton is a cheating, diving, xxxxx and not what you expected from Killie under Pattalainen - but maybe under Shiels (maybe their Manager is - like father like son Dean?).

Aye, yer right Manfer, he just got in what my mammy would term as a "fankle". By the way, has anyone noticed that the BBC website still has a claim that a Killie player was hit by something from the crowd after Sheil's goal? Their own highlights clearly show two of their players bumping heads at 01:25 on the video. It's a pretty serious thing to infer about ICT fans though - especially those well known rowdies in the centre stand. If he was going to be hit by anything, it might be a flying werther's original, but there's no video evidence of that. I reckon the BBC should aplogise.

If somebody threw something then it will definately be on cctv because to be able to provide the force required to cover the distance the person would need to stand up and launch a throw like a javelin chucker.

If somebody threw something then it will definately be on cctv because to be able to provide the force required to cover the distance the person would need to stand up and launch a throw like a javelin chucker.

The (BBC) commentators on the radio at the time said he got an accidental poke in the eye from one of his own players when celebrating ......

The (BBC) commentators on the radio at the time said he got an accidental poke in the eye from one of his own players when celebrating ......

That's exactly what happened.

and here is proof

0013.mpg

and here is proof
Was that the match report in hieroglyphics???

sorry - cant check it from work - must have got corrupted ! - reloaded in different format

and here is proof

0013.mpg

I think it was Colonel Lennon, in the dining room stand and the weapon was a bottle of water.

and here is proof

0013.mpg

I think it was Colonel Lennon, in the dining room stand and the weapon was a bottle of water.

after a gay wee dance and delivered with a right foot volley?

I must say, I think Tade had one of the best individual performances I have seen by an ICT player for a number of years - he really was excellent. I must say as well, IMO Golobart's distribution of the ball from the back is the best there has been here since Bobby Mann was on the go. It's good to have a centre half who likes to play it out for once - not just a mindless hoof up the park.