FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Hearts : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I'll take 1-1 against Hearts !!! Admittedly, I am disappointed we didnt get all three points but once Templeton and Taouil came on we were always in danger.

Plus points (based on radio commentary) ... Tade gets 2 goals in 2 games and seems to have linked up well with Foran today, Davis sounds like a good player and Chippendale's first touch was a strong run. We sounded like we did decently in defence (Golobart's brainfart excluded) so all in all a solid performance.

will be interesting to see the comments of those who were there in person as that can often be a different viewpoint to commentators .... and talking of commentators,Brian Irvine actually made me chuckle twice today which is a first !!!

The first half was absolutely awful with no chances from either side; the second half was completely the opposite.

We passed up so many chances at 1-0 that it's disappointing that we didn't win. Still, I'd have taken a draw against Hearts before kickoff.

The main surprise for me is that Ian Black completed 90 minutes - I'm staggered he didn't get a second yellow for a studs up challenge on Foran in the second half.

Thought Foran, Tade and Graeme Shinnie were super. As for Andrew Shinnie, well...I'm sure he's a nice chap, but a footballer? You must be kidding me.

G Shinnie made a crucial block on the goal line.

Nick Ross chased a lost cause and hassled the goal keeper to the left of the box, keeper panicked after hearing how good Nick Ross is and fumbled the ball,he passed to Tade and fires into net.

Hearts hit the crossbar.

Loads of chances to score, if we had the killer touch it would have been more like a Spurs v Hearts scoreline.With Tade having enough chances to get a hat trick.

Black lucky not to get sent off for persistent fouling.

The 2 last minute midfield signings have a bit of quality about them, although Chipper didnt have that much time to make an impact and would have suited more of a hoof up the park approach into space and yes hes as fast as Hayes.

Yet another late goal conceded. This is becoming a familiar pattern and it is one that needs sorted asap.

The performance overall imo was very encouraging. Davis slotted in nicely to midfield with Chippendale looking dangerous when he came on. Think the stick Andy Shinnie is getting is a bit unecessary, thought he had a decent game especially in the 2nd half, sent Tade through, performed a lovely turn as well during an attack and was unlucky not to score himself.

Goal was well taken, Ross didnt have to chase it down but it was clear that McDonald was struggling to get to it and Ross kept his head and was very unselfish in squaring it to Tade.

Cant complain too much, would have been satisfied with a point at the start of the game but was dissapointed that we didnt kill the game off. Performance was encouraging enough and hoping that we can build on it in the coming weeks.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 1

Despite what others have said Andrew Shinnie had a very very good game in the second half. When they called Shinnie MOM I thought, well maybe he does deserve it based on his last 40 minutes but then discovered it was his bruv who got it.

Really disappointed that we didn't get 3 points because we thoroughly deserved them. Rooney, given the chances Tade had, would have had at least a hat trick. But we all know that Tade was not a replacement for Rooney, we don't have a striker this season!

I still think we will give someone a 'hellofa beating' sometime soon.

We've played pretty well again today and lots of positives to take from the game, but I've come out feeling like we've lost, such was our dominance with chances superabundant.

Not knocking Tade as he played well again but he's missed two one on ones, Foran's had a great chance, and Andrew Shinnie, who was pretty poor today, should've scored from a yard out if he'd only used his right foot.

On the plus side, Davis looks very good, the back four didnt look too bad and even Chippendale showed up well in what little time he had.

Wouldve been nice to boost the confidence further with the win but with the missed chances, we got what we deserved really.

Was at game and i thought both Shinnie brothers were good with Greame putting in a great shift.

Ross tried all game to get it going to. Tade should of made it 2 but should of dinked the keeper instead he tried to round him.

But overall a point is maybe a fair result.

somebody said who needs Rooney we do. First half we where awful Hearts were even worse. I know the team is being shaped but we have no play maker not that we have had on in the past but we need someone to control the midfield,

1st half - fairly dull with both teams pretty much cancelling each other out.

2nd half what a difference - chances galore and if Tade had a better first touch he could have had another couple of goals though hearts hitting the bar was a bit of a let off- anyhow if we can keep picking up some points until we are back to full strength things should be okay in the long run.

And what about the wee kid running away with the ball and even taunting the hearts player - A true ICT fan in the making. hahaha.gif

Sign me up :nanananana: lol

It was a good game with some decent football. I thought the two new loanees did well when on the park and I liked seeing Chipendale's enthusiasm (you'll not hear me say that ever again).

Tade seems to have won over a few more fans but have to agree that he needs to get his head up more and perhaps look for the squared pass rather than take on the shot. I remember one chance where G.Shinnie was free at the back post for an easy tap in but Tade took on the shot.

For my first game of the season, I was reasonably impressed. Had someone offered 1-1 before kick off, i probably would have taken it!

somebody said who needs Rooney we do. First half we where awful Hearts were even worse. I know the team is being shaped but we have no play maker not that we have had on in the past but we need someone to control the midfield,

Rooney's not a playmaker though. If it was so easy to get in a goal-scroing striker, would not Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc have signed one too? Can't see many goals coming from theirs either, despite their better finances.

As for controlling the midfield, we've got Tudur-Jones, Proctor and Cox all out. All of these can play defensive midfield. Who could expect every def mid we've got to be injured so early in the season. Sometimes, you just have to ride the injuries out or else our next loan signing would be off Noah for his Ark.

All in all, I suppose it was a good result, but I'm a little disappointed as ICT really deserved to win that game. Unlike others, I thought Andrew Shinnie was okay, but his brother had a great game. Of the rest, I thought defensively Golabart looked good but he does seem a little prone to being too fancy which is something that could lead to some difficult situations. Foran played quite well, but he really needs to stop mouthing off all the time (some said around me that he should of been off for an elbow on a Hearts player in what he was eventually booked for, but I nor the referee seemingly saw it). I thought Tade was very good again, as was Davis who I think has potential and Chippendale seems a not particularly tall, but very fast and nippy winger. Nick Ross had a very quiet first half but showed good composure on the ball and showed his effort when putting the Hearts keeper under pressure, in what eventually led the goal - that goal was as much goal his as it was Tade's. What I would say though, while he played quite well today, I do think he's a better player when he's down the middle. Morrison I felt did very little and perhaps should have been hooked instead of Davis.

What I would say on Tade and his chances - I don't there was much more he really could've done to score those today, as they were both stopped by two good saves by the keeper. It should also be noted that Adam Rooney had a period when he first got a good run in the team in the 1st Division where he was mentioned in the same vein as Tade is now - "can't take his chances", but his time came and I believe Tade's will too.

Overall a good result, but it could and should of been more.

Edited by Renegade

thought 1st half was the worst i have seen this season. usually we are rubbish but this time both teams were poor.

second half as usual a lot better. gutted we dropped 2 points although would have taken a point before kick of.

gillet wont have long to wait to get his left back slot back. shinnie has developed into a cracking left back and cant see him with us after january, definately away in summer, if he keeps putting in these kind of performances. hope he is signed up, if he is we could make a few quid there.

tade has a good engine, bur poor first touch. showed today he is not a natural finnisher. cant see him or foran getting more than 1/2 doz spl goals this season.

have said before golabart is too fancy dan for me, his back heel from the touchline to hearts players rather than hoof to safety was unbelievable, crazy. one instant in first half chased a ball up left touchline to half way line which resulted in hearts playing a ball through our centre of defence and nearly scoring. tokely gave him a roasting when he returned to his position. this guy is going to cost us unless tel sorts him out.

big bonus today if we had taken 3 points, but you have to stick the ball in the pokey when you get clear cut chances.

big change when hearts brought on tahoull and templeton. could tell a goal was coming

will have to see davis again, wasnt that impressed, thought he looked slow today and when chippendale came on i thought ( as others around me also said) tel started with the wrong newcomer.

Thought that was the best overall performance we've had this season. We were holding our own in the first half despite some "tasty" challenges from a Hearts squad that looked more intent on some kind of full contact battle between players instead of playing football. I have to say that after comments from Paulo Sergio in the build up to the match the last couple of days I wasn't surprised because he didn't stop bleating on about us playing a "physical game" (You're only a season behind Sergio).

Anyway, credit to our players for standing up and showing they could also play tough (but fair). After some of the thumps we took and with the injury list being what it is then you would maybe have forgiven ICT if they had gone in to their shell a little...but they didn't.

Not sold on Davis....was impossible to tell what position he was suppose to be playing and the amount of time and space we were leaving on the right was criminal and also the source of what little threat Hearts showed. He also seemed to lack any urgency and felt like he'd picked himself out a nice 10yard circle and was content jogging around in it waiting for play to come to him. In his defence, when he did get the ball he looked capable of doing something with it...so the jury is out.

ICT came flying out of the blocks for the second half and it took Hearts till 20 mins into the half to realise that the battering ram approach to the game just wasn't working for them and they brought Taouil on....and that's when they started to cause us a few problems. Taouil had the measure of Piermayr and must have sold him the same move about 6 or 7 times without reply.

I think Hearts had 3 shots on target....and none of them was the goal which felt like a bit of a sucker punch. Whilst it's easy to comment from afar, I was surprised to see Esson rooted to the spot as the ball headed for the post. Was every chance that it could have come off the post and no move was made to cover it if it did.

Overall, we worked the ball well today, you can see players are starting to know/expect where to see their team mates and passes and plays are a little more instinctive. We still need to chase and harass a bit more, IMO, as we sometimes gave Hearts too long on the ball and/or allowed then to get into the wide areas of the final third too easily.

Things are moving in the right direction, and I reckon that once we can get 11 guys out there who click then we're going to give someone a right hammering.