FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hogg Red Card Appealed

CaleyD

Guest Mahonio

I am actually quite confident on this one Immortal Howden Ender but then again, i am always optimistic lol, i said that Scotland would beat Spain in Alicante.

Anyone ken when the hearing is, is it likely that he could play on Sat or would the hearing be after that?

not confident ....... it will very much depend on how the referee's report is worded.

If the review panel view it as a "last man" challenge then we have a good shout as Tokely is clearly closer to the goal than Hogg even though he is further wide.

However, if it was "denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" then as far as I understand it he doesnt have to be the last man if the ref thought Tokely would not have made up the ground in time ... Tokely did make up the ground, but would he have done so if the player hadnt been held back/fouled?

post-2-0-30797800-1320089021_thumb.png

post-2-0-56020900-1320089126_thumb.png

post-2-0-69386200-1320089258_thumb.png

• Agree 1

Good images Scotty. If the first one is deemed to be the moment when the foul started by holding him back, the decision is unlikely to be overturned.

Incidentally I don't think there is such a thing as "last man" in the rules, its all about clear goalscoring opportunity.

But if you compare this situation with the hearts player Zaliukas only getting a yellow for taking the killie player out in the box it makes a complete mockery of referee credibility.

Lets face it if there is the slightest little chance of the ref getting it right the board always decide in thier favour... seen this before have we not... SFA -FECK OFF.

It's such a vague rule that you get about 20 variations on it every time something like this crops up.

For me a "clear goal scoring opportunity" is the attacking player being fouled whilst through on goal with the ball under full control and/or being in the process of taking a shot which could not be blocked/prevented by anyone other than the goalkeeper.

I don't think the ball was under full control at the time of the foul. Murphy was running to the left and played the ball straight up the park...a good distance away from himself. He certainly wasn't shaping up to shoot.

Whether Tokely or anyone else would have been on the scene in time is neither here nor there, IMO.

Anywhere else on the park, and I doubt that would even have been a free kick.

• Agree 1

Im not confident, Tokely's was thrown out the window and that was terrific challenge and with the other appeals been launched we will be the one knocked back to balance the books.

I think your all barking up the wrong tree with last man and a goal scoring opperchancity.

It was a 50 50 challenge, all Hogg had to do was slow him down till Tokes got within range, from viewing the BBC footage he seemed to go to ground very easily and also changed trajectory. If a foul was committed the player will go down in the same line of travel, especially if running at speed.

My interpretation of the video is that Hogg was trying to force him off the ball,the player had to counteract this force by leaning in too,he had the better of Hogg and fell infront of him as soon as he got past due to leaning sideways,or went down intentionally, which accounts for the change in direction. Didnt even warrant a yellow never mind a red

Can anyone actually see any contact.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15513344.stm

Can someone remind me if the Motherwell fans were up in arms after the clash and if they made the same amount of noise as the North stand did when the ref awarded a goal kick to Well when it was obvious to our fans that it was an ICT corner.

I would say there is a greater claim for a foul on Sutherland at 3:15 into the video.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

the last man thing is bull imo

do goalkeepers not exist are they not there to stop the ball going in the goal? if the keeper took a player down i could understand but a defender i dont think gives keepers any respect especially with the quaity of keeper there is these days

this is coming from someone whos played up front most his life

the rule should be changed to its not a clear goascoring opportunity until the striker is past every player even goalkeeper that clears up the confusion around this rule makes it clear cut

fifa sort it out!

The panel deemed Murphy to have been in full control and preparing to shoot at the moment of the foul.

You could argue several things for and against, but I don't think it could be argued that he was in control and/or in the throws of shooting.

thought just crossed my mind. Are we barking up the wrong tree by having such a strong forward in Tade, maybe he should get some lessons from Murphy, Jelavic, Stokes, Hooper, Mackie, Naismith, and all the Killie front men in the art of cheating a ref, and the SFA panel.