FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Could terry b move to hibernian ?

bigfan2014

Why on earth would Hibs want Butcher ?

I think because, despite our position in the league, Terry is seen as a good manager. His 2 and a half seasons in Inverness have been a success (even his first half season despite relegation as he turned a 7 point deficit into a (1/2?) point lead over Falkirk going into the last game) and quite possibly other clubs might think he's still doing a good job since we're playing well but not getting the all to highly publicised 'rub of the green' on the pitch . Also all this has been done on a limited budget - arguably the smallest in the league - which would attract the Hibs board.

Edited by martinskye
  • Agree 3

He wont go - Hibs wouldnt be able to afford the compensation and if they could i doubt he would want to involve himself in another rebuilding program which Hibs essentially are.

Agreed that his mostly likely place to leave us for would be somewhere like Ipswich, somewhere that is of significance to him. But he has reiterated on more than one occasion that both him and Mo are happy here and now that it looks like our new look side has just turned a corner in terms of performance and good fortune i dont see them leaving anytime soon.

By what he has said and his mannerisms I believe Terry is an out and out ICT man!

He knows he can build a very strong team here, He is a fighter and knows he can take ICT places they have only dreamed off.

Already he has the Board thinking his way he is happy with the loacation.......He has the players respect........ Could one day become another Alex Ferguson

or become Lord of the NORTH.

Why should he leave?............ and go toHibs??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methinks someone is either scaremongering or having a giggle

• Agree 4

terry is passionate about the inverness cause i cant see him going anywhere except maybe ipswich

Instead of giving a red dot why not answer the question ?

you never seem to be supporting the team on here always critisising

theres so many reasond why youd want buthcher as your manager passion, publicity, the players he can take with him yes he has his draw backs but all in all hes a good manager i cant see hibs getting many better a manager than butcher

• Agree 4

why would you even ask this question? he has just signed a new contract.

Comment edited. Such comments will not be tolerated on this site and any further such neme calling will result in sanctions against the perpetrators.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Disagree 3

why would you even ask this question? he has just signed a new contract. Abuse removed from quote

I think the OP is on a fishing trip and you're giving them lots of satisfaction with remarks like that.

Edit : Apologies to OP if this is a genuine question, the comment isn't a dig at you.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

why would you even ask this question? he has just signed a new contract. Abuse removed from quote

Or maybe the OP was simply trying to create conversation. It isn't such a ridiculous question, wind up or not!

Personally, I don't think hibs would consider him. I think they will go for either Michael O'Neill or a manager without a club. If however, they approached Butcher, I don't think he would go. He's taken people like Josh Meekings up here and has pledged to devleop these players within the club. He also loves Highland life and it's not like Hibs offer big bucks anyway.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Agree 1

Michael O Neill, Jim Jeffries with Brown, Jimmy Calderwood etc will be a bigger shout. Hibs wont like to pay compensation, especially to take a manager in a lower league position than themselves. Plenty of good managers out of work so they wont be short of applicants

Would it be such a bad thing if he went? We have had one good result this season, out of the league cup to the side propping up division one, he failed to dig us out of a bigger hole than we are in now two seasons ago even after beating Rangers and having a reasonable run of results. He tore the team who were pushing for a top six place to bits to build his own team which is struggling at the moment.We would, as the OP states, get compensation. I am happy enough to give Butcher a chance here but on the flip side I would not shed any tears if he were to move on.

Why would Hibs want him? See above for reasons against the idea.

• Agree 2

In my opinion, and even a blind man with a tenth of IHE's foresight would see that, even though the press claim there are forty applicants, and perhaps there are, the new manager of Hibs is already in place. A few weeks ago, when the press were suggesting, and the fans calling for, the removal of Colin Calderwood, Pertrie brought Billy Brown in as assistant. Not at the behest of Calderwood I may add. To me that smacks of a chairman knowing what was going to happen and bringing someone in that would learn a bit about the club for a period before taking over thus avoiding the unrest of bringing someone in from the cold.

I believe it was always planned that Billy Brown would be the manager of Hibs and that Butcher, or anyone else, was never in the picture.

No, he has just signed a new contract and wouldnt have done that if he was unhappy. He raves about the lifestyle in the area and has commeted previoulsy before about wanting to stay a long time up here. Finally Hibs have no cash for compensation, it will be an out of work manager who gets the job - Tango man or Jim J would be my bets.

Edited by bdu98196