FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Penalties and striking

bauhaus

Heard Terry being interviewed after the game, biting his lip a bit he commented on the lack of decisions going our way. With all the injury problems we have suffered, the officials decisions have given us little chance so far. Hoggs sending off - I can understand why it wasnt overturned, but it could have just been a yellow on the day. Tokely - perfect tackle but because it was against the blue unwashed, it couldnt be seen as the ref wrongly giving the old firm an advantage. Tansey - didnt deserve to go, but wont be overturned due to the same reason as Toks, so as not to upset one half of Weegie city.

It has often left me thinking how we end up with so many players sent off, with the team committing so few fouls over a season compared to other teams!

Penalties. We have had none in 15 games, but plenty of appeals turned down. Sure not all appealled were penalties, but the law of averages says we should have had a few, not forgetting that several should have been. Are the refs conspiring against ICT.

Is it a directive from the beaks, Dont give Caley Jags any decisions, as they voted and were outspoken against the 10 team SPL. Tel talked about we should go on strike to get our way, The refs did that, Celtic wouldnt stop going on and on about their ' Bias against us ' campaign, until they got more than their share again.

Do the refs hate coming so far north, that they will give decisions against us?

• Agree 1

whilst my heart would like to agree with the op I think we have just been unlucky and as previously said all the decisions have been incompetent. The worrying thing is the lack of admission that refs are human and can make mistakes so everyone else backs them up adding to the frustration. Surely more respect would be gained by refs putting their hands up and admitting when they get it wrong.

I'd say it invariably evens itself out...

Tokely's stonewall handball v Killie at 2-1 up might've given them some momentum. The ball was heading for goal (at some pace!) but ref waves play on.

True we're probably owed a few at this stage but there's bound to be one or two go our way by end of the season. Having said that Terry's going to have to introduce 'going down like a sack o tatties' into the training regime for us to get even for that monumental reffing blunder on Saturday.

Guest Mahonio

Wanderer . Maybe we should join them.

You know what they say.." :thumbup: If you can't beat 'em join 'em".

As much as i don't want us to stoop as low as that, i agree with you suggesting that we should "join them", then we'll see how these teams like it.

I think we should join them in that someone should go down clutching their face next time they shake hands with Samaras. Gets the point across.

Anyone remember that bellyflop by, was it Franny Lee? Colin Bell? Not sure. Behind the referee's back, just to emphasize how much of a dive had been taken. Hilarious but caused uproar from the fans. And of course when the ref turned around, the player was all "Who? Me, guv'nor? I did nothing!" Wish I could find it on YouTube - classic outstretched arm, Superman-style dive it was. Football had personality then.

Iain,

Remember that well, But we have a clean reputation as far as diving is concerned, which shows when some one does dive. Other teams must practice their diving from an early age, so they get it somewhat convincing, McGeady style, Mackie esk, and so on.

Maybe thats what Terry often means when he calls the squad a bunch of good honest lads!