FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Do You Have Faith in Butcher?

Renegade

The Terry Butcher Poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have faith in Butcher for next season?

So a simple question really. Soon a new season will be upon us and this time around Butcher really will have his own team out there on the field. Looking towards the coming season, do you have faith in him?

Edited by Renegade

What do you mean to have faith? Faith to reach top 6 or faith to avoid relegation? I don't have faith that we will make top 6 - but I don't think any manager would achieve that on our current budget.

I do have faith that we will finish at least 11th, but i'm not expecting much better than that. However, with Butchers contacts down south, I do have faith that he can uncover at least 2 'gems' so I suppose this will be a yes from me.

Ask this again in last August and I will see how I feel for the remainder of the season.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

So long as the board has faith then so do I

Feck me I was going to say yes before I read that !!!

I am sitting on the fence - I put faith in him last season and he failed miserably. However lets all hope that he proves us all wrong. After all this season has to be looked at as Butchers team - irrespective of whether he can sign the players that he wants or not.

• Agree 1

Wow, how can you have faith in a board which can't control it's manager, doesn't give him a budget to compete with the tinks and goes cap in hand every year to cover the regular £250k loss. This board needs a shake and get the man who is willing to make a very sizeable investment as long as long as a certain individual leaves the scene! :wink:

Edited by caleyboy

If the poll had more of a scale, I think the picture would be clearer as opposed to a yes /no option.

It certainly will be Mr Bs squad now so I hope he choses wisely with the players he can bring in and soon finds a style of play that suits the players he has.

• Agree 1

If anyone out there was in a position to make a sizeable investment then whats stopping him buying out the certain individual?

Why would he want any one individual to profit from his investment? He says he wants to invest in the Football Club but maybe "once biten twice shy!

I have said yes for now as we are yet to get a good idea of what our recruitment drive is like. He is under immense pressure to get people in and it all depends on how well he does but i am continuing to support him for now.

Letting Grant Munro go last year was really hard to take and we paid a heavy price in defence for it (R*ss C**nty's gain). Letting Rosscoe go is just a step too far and totally stupid. These were guys who played for the jersey - not just using ICT as a stepping stone to something else. They were true Caley Thistle heroes and stalwarts. All we can look forward to now are unknowns from the diddy leagues of England who will use ICT for their own career progress. Grant Munro & Rosscoe were fans' favourites and played with the true ICT spirit. We've had the heart of our club ripped out - these two guys were still in their prime and now we can 'look forward' to them playing for C**nty against us in the SPL.

I'm truly dreading next season! Will it be a case of more sendings off, penalties against and own goals - which was the story of last season? I hope not. Over to you Mr Butcher to prove that my fears are unfounded. Happy to eat humble pie if you can improve things this season.

Edited by A96
  • Agree 4

Wow, how can you have faith in a board which can't control it's manager, doesn't give him a budget to compete with the tinks and goes cap in hand every year to cover the regular £250k loss. This board needs a shake and get the man who is willing to make a very sizeable investment as long as long as a certain individual leaves the scene! :wink:

so you would welcome a Green or a Whyte then?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Rangers fecked up by the Green and Whyte - never thought of that !!

StatlerWaldorf_s.jpg

Shall we continue to show faith in a Butcher and a Builder ?

Baby

I know you're asking me to stay

Stay

Please

Please

Please

Don't go away

You say I'm giving you the blues

Maybe you mean every word you say

Can't help but think of yesterday

And another who tied me down to Coaching rules

Before this river becomes an ocean

Before you throw my heart back on the floor

Oh baby

I reconsider my foolish notion

Well

I need someone to hold me

But I'll wait for something more

Yes

I've got to have faith

I've got to have faith

Before this river becomes an ocean

'Cause I've got to have faith

I've got to have faith

Letting Grant Munro go last year was really hard to take and we paid a heavy price in defence for it (R*ss C**nty's gain). Letting Rosscoe go is just a step too far and totally stupid. These were guys who played for the jersey - not just using ICT as a stepping stone to something else. They were true Caley Thistle heroes and stalwarts. All we can look forward to now are unknowns from the diddy leagues of England who will use ICT for their own career progress. Grant Munro & Rosscoe were fans' favourites and played with the true ICT spirit. We've had the heart of our club ripped out - these two guys were still in their prime and now we can 'look forward' to them playing for C**nty against us in the SPL.

I'm truly dreading next season! Will it be a case of more sendings off, penalties against and own goals - which was the story of last season? I hope not. Over to you Mr Butcher to prove that my fears are unfounded. Happy to eat humble pie if you can improve things this season.

Nobody can ever say we paid a heavy price by letting Grant go. None of us know how he would have performed had he still been with us. Yes he done well for County but that was in a league below. The season previous he was forever being blamed for our performances and being accused of hoof and hope.

I voted yes. The best managers have got man-management, tactics, team motivation and the ability to spot a player, and no doubt other things I've forgotten about.

In the absence of a 40-year old Pele who would have all these qualities (Robbo had most of them, Brew had the 4th, 10CC had probably all except no 3, Sergei had none of them) I'll keep backing Tel who probably only possesses no 3 :laugh:

Faith to do what? Top six? Nope. Relegation? Probably not but a possibility. Best manager we could have? Probably not. Deserves to be sacked for being nowhere near relegation, coming higher than a bigger-spending Hibs, falling only two points short of bigger-spending Aberdeen and winning more games than both the Dons and the next up, St Mirren? Nope.

This board is getting really tedious. Think it's time to retire.

• Agree 4

Absolutely no real reason not to vote yes.

With a richer club any manager should do well so it is difficult to assess or compare his attributes fully but with his budget, training facilities and lack of support from the city in general then I cannot see us doing better.

In lower leagues with other ICT managers Caley have done well, Butchers one venture with the club in the first div. saw us top it. so you cannot judge him in an unfavourable light to those names that keep cropping up as being better than him

We can all critisize him and mine is the style of play but I understand it. We would love to see ICT play as Spain and Italy do but we cannot buy that sort of ability so his kick up and rush tactics do get us opportunities we just dont take them.

So thats my vote, yes and those are my reasons

Faith to do what? Top six? Nope. Relegation? Probably not but a possibility. Best manager we could have? Probably not. Deserves to be sacked for being nowhere near relegation, coming higher than a bigger-spending Hibs, falling only two points short of bigger-spending Aberdeen and winning more games than both the Dons and the next up, St Mirren? Nope.

This board is getting really tedious. Think it's time to retire.

HappyRetirementDecoratingKit2.jpg