FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone Pre-Match Videos & Preview

CaleyD

A question on the ICT FC youtube page ... various videos come up there but not for example the highlights of the Dundee game, even though it appears (and I can view it) via my Facebook page ... is there some reason for the difference in synchronisation? (Not a problem, but just a bit odd not to be able to see all the current videos via the Caley youtube page...)

All the highlights are produced centrally for the SPL YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/splofficial

For some bizarre and, as yet, unexplained reason (and I have asked many times) they have a clause in the setup that prevents Official Club channels from adding highlights to playlists on their own channels until 7 days after the match. However, that does not prevent us from including the video on the website, our Facebook page or anywhere else on the Internet....in fact, if you have your own YouTube Channel, there's nothing to prevent you from adding it to a playlist and making it available there!!!

There you have it...the reason, but unfortunately not the logic behind, why Official Club YouTube channels are the only place on the Internet where you can't see the highlights of a clubs most recent match.