FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derby pitch inspection - GAME OFF

Bronson

I have just been to Tinkerville to see my auntie and it was fair chucking it down. However I managed to persuade the family to go to the toilet in Sneck and they were ordered to hold their bladders and their bowels when we got to the caravan. I also used my nursing skills to catheterise my auntie so I have done my bit to keep the game on.

Seems like a no brainer to me.  The ground is saturated and heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow morning.  It would be far worse to delay a decision and then end up calling it off late as they did against Hearts.

It is, of course, the only way County would be able to stop us remaining in second place at the end of tomorrow but it is without doubt the correct decision.

I genuinely don't want to be critical of County but what is the point of having undersoil heting to combat the effects of frost if even a modest rainfall causes one of their biggest games of the season to be called off over 24 hours in advance ?

It provides fuel for those based in the central belt who believe the Highlands to be unworthy of hosting SPL  football and in this particular instance they may just have a point.

Not hugely surprised about this - can't expect the surface to soak up that much moisture with all the greetin' from Derek Adams of late. Actually, I'm surprised the whole feckin' North Sea hasn't risen a few inches.

• Agree 2

Don't know why we are berating C*unty about a postponment. If you ask the fans of Celtic, St Johnston or Q o t S they would brand us as "the joke of the Highlands". Postponments happen.  

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 4

Don't know why we are berating C*unty about a postponment. If you ask the fans of Celtic, St Johnston or Q o t S they would brand us as "thr joke of the Highlands". Postponments happen.  

It is called baiting Mun. But I wonder what the compensation package will be as they gave to the Jam Tarts ??