FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derby pitch inspection - GAME OFF

Bronson

I agree, there is not need for police at out matches. The attendances do not justify them. Aberdeen and G4S have proved it works. There was no police inside Pittodrie for the Scotland game last week.

If our fans are reported for the sectarian singing on Saturday I think we'll see an increased police pressence at our next few home games !

I agree, there is not need for police at out matches. The attendances do not justify them. Aberdeen and G4S have proved it works. There was no police inside Pittodrie for the Scotland game last week.

If our fans are reported for the sectarian singing on Saturday I think we'll see an increased police pressence at our next few home games !

.??? Explain please.

That's why he's resigning imo, he's deeply upset about some ICT fans not liking him. 

I know that was said in jest, but it highlights the ignorance that exists in regards to the whole "ism" thing (not necessarily on your part, just using this as an example).

It is possible to dislike something without being intolerant of it.  I don't have a particular liking for any religion, but that doesn't mean I don't respect or tolerate the beliefs and or actions of those who do.

The last I checked, it wasn't illegal to walk down the street with a placard that says "I hate religion".....and until you cross the line into something like "I hate religion and all religious people should be shot"....i.e. intolerance....then you have nothing to fear from the law.

Songs/Chants such as those being discussed above may be in bad taste, and I would agree with that, but that doesn't make them a crime.

It's pretty much the same as some of the shouts that were coming from the other end.  Butcher was getting called for all sorts and the Gazza stuff was pretty rough....again, bad taste and not welcome (IMO), but not criminal.

Best thing to do with these things is to totally ignore them and not give them any "air time", because the majority of people partaking in it are only doing so to either big themselves up to their peers and/or to get a bit of attention.  Take that away and they have no reason to do it and will soon get bored.

• Agree 1

That's why he's resigning imo, he's deeply upset about some ICT fans not liking him. 

I know that was said in jest, but it highlights the ignorance that exists in regards to the whole "ism" thing (not necessarily on your part, just using this as an example).

It is possible to dislike something without being intolerant of it.  I don't have a particular liking for any religion, but that doesn't mean I don't respect or tolerate the beliefs and or actions of those who do.

The last I checked, it wasn't illegal to walk down the street with a placard that says "I hate religion".....and until you cross the line into something like "I hate religion and all religious people should be shot"....i.e. intolerance....then you have nothing to fear from the law.

Songs/Chants such as those being discussed above may be in bad taste, and I would agree with that, but that doesn't make them a crime.

It's pretty much the same as some of the shouts that were coming from the other end.  Butcher was getting called for all sorts and the Gazza stuff was pretty rough....again, bad taste and not welcome (IMO), but not criminal.

Best thing to do with these things is to totally ignore them and not give them any "air time", because the majority of people partaking in it are only doing so to either big themselves up to their peers and/or to get a bit of attention.  Take that away and they have no reason to do it and will soon get bored.

I don't disagree with your general point about 'isms' e.g. there's nothing wrong with disliking someone who happens to be black for instance but there is with disliking him because he's black, there is a very obvious difference. 

Really not clear on how my post is ignorant, yet not necessarily on my part though, you've lost me there.

Never said your post was ignorant (or never intended too).  It merely referenced not liking someone and I was just pointing out (to others) that disliking someone wasn't an "ism" in itself.

My apologies if I misunderstood.