FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

Had to laugh at this sentence in the Daily Record.

"Record Sport exclusively revealed on January 1 that he was the Championship club’s top target"

.....conveniently failing to mention that they were actually wrong and that Barnsley first offered the job to their real top target, Sean O'Driscoll.

You read the Daily Record?!

Just clicked a link to their article from the BBC Gossip section, honest!

• Agree 1

Had to laugh at this sentence in the Daily Record.

"Record Sport exclusively revealed on January 1 that he was the Championship club’s top target"

.....conveniently failing to mention that they were actually wrong and that Barnsley first offered the job to their real top target, Sean O'Driscoll.

You read the Daily Record?!

Just clicked a link to their article from the BBC Gossip section, honest!

And then there was the Sun who had a Barnsley delegatioin flying noth to speak to Butcher in his highland retrete.

Paterson - Jamp ship

Robertson Jamp Ship

Brewster- Jamp Ship

Butcher - Still standing on the ICT plank

*Jumped. :redcard:

www.urbandictionary.com

JAMP
A past term verb indicating when something was jumped over. Used candidly now to refer to TV series, films and celebrities last finest moment. (Eytm - Jump The Shark circa 1995)
:redcard:  LOL!

Paterson - Jamp ship

Robertson Jamp Ship

Brewster- Jamp Ship

Butcher - Still standing on the ICT plank

*Jumped. :redcard: www.urbandictionary.com

JAMP

A past term verb indicating when something was jumped over. Used candidly now to refer to TV series, films and celebrities last finest moment. (Eytm - Jump The Shark circa 1995)

:redcard: LOL!

Yes, jamp is indeed in 'urban' dictionary. Jumped is the correct word though.

I'll leave my spelling nazi hat off for the remainder of this thread, as I shouldn't be educating in my school lunch hour...

26 pages, this topic is a ticking time bomb now.

Godwin's law : "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.

I'll leave my spelling nazi hat off

:lol:

I never really believed we would get Butcher, I hoped we would but never really believed it.

But he has really pissed off a lot of Barnsley fans. We really need a new manager and wanted someone in before the weekends match agains leeds. TB has wasted 3 days of our time. Even if it was to do with Mo not wanting to leave, surley they could have discussed this before agreeing to speak to us.

Im not sure i could get behind a manger who agreed to speak to another club, even if he turned them down.

When Mark Robins agreed to speak to us a while ago, the rotherham chairman put him on gardening leave and gave him no choice relly but to accept.

I suppose Butch may have got himself a nice pay rise out fo this though

I know our forums way better than yours but shood you not be back at tykes mad greeting to yer own lot

thanks for coming

nothing to see here on

move along now

Tykes mad whats that.?

I have more posts on here than the tykes mad board.

Did i actually post on here your were a great buch, sorry I meant some of you :smile:

Any way good look in the cups and league.

Edited by fevtyke
  • Agree 3

I never really believed we would get Butcher, I hoped we would but never really believed it.

But he has really pissed off a lot of Barnsley fans. We really need a new manager and wanted someone in before the weekends match agains leeds. TB has wasted 3 days of our time. Even if it was to do with Mo not wanting to leave, surley they could have discussed this before agreeing to speak to us.

Im not sure i could get behind a manger who agreed to speak to another club, even if he turned them down.

When Mark Robins agreed to speak to us a while ago, the rotherham chairman put him on gardening leave and gave him no choice relly but to accept.

I suppose Butch may have got himself a nice pay rise out fo this though

I know our forums way better than yours but shood you not be back at tykes mad greeting to yer own lot

thanks for coming

nothing to see here on

move along now

Tykes mad whats that.?

I have more posts on here than the tykes mad board.

Did i actually post on here your were a great buch, sorry I meant some of you :smile:

Any way good look in the cups and league.

:wave:

I wholeheartedly applaud Terry Butcher for deciding to stay with our club.

I dont really care that it was a "hard decision" to turn down Barnsley, they likely offered a large salary increase compared to what we can offer, as well as a bigger transfer budget, and an opportunity to put himself in the shop window for what may be his ultimate goal of managing in the English Premiership. Nor do I really care whether there is any truth in the rumours that he wanted to go and either Mo or Marsella didnt so they all stayed. They are a team and that team displayed collective loyalty to each other and to the club. 

The bottom line is that TB is still ICT manager this morning, and the amount of positive press it has brought our club, and the pride in the club it has likely brought us all is immeasurable. I witnessed fans of many other clubs, including Celtic fans who probably loathe him from his time at Ibrox, posting on social media about how happy they were for ICT and for Scottish football that he decided to stay, and thats before you even head off to the BBC or to other news media outlets for a blast of ICT news ....

If Terry can navigate us to a top 6 finish or maintain our current position and bring European football to the Highlands in time for our 20th birthday, secure the likes of Shinnie and others on longer contracts, and maybe even get us to the League Cup final (and/or a decent run in the Scottish Cup) then Barry Wilson is correct in the article linked to above ... he will be a club legend ... in fact, if he brings Euro football to the club, he wont be a legend, he will inherit the title of the immortal one from Johndo !!!!

• Agree 2

I think this will galvanise the players and let them know that ICT is very much on the radar and is more of a pull than some say.  They know now they, along with TB, are in the shop window.  Success brings such "rewards".  2nd is on!

Is the title out of reach now? I must have missed that.

Found the news strangely moving last night.  Wasn't quite in the main floods or anything but was touched that for once somebody has turned down the lure of the big bucks to stay at our football team.  Have got so used to people jumping ship over the years, it's a major but pleasant surprise when it doesn't happen.

Well done, Terry.  Just a shame we don't have a game this weekend.

• Agree 1

davie, I like your post there is a lot of positivity in there but one thing I am sure of is that not only do we have the right management in there but also players who are fighters.They have already proved their worth with some great comebacks from dire situations, they are of the same mould as Terry, no chance of them folding that easily. Terry though is the one who has the gift to channel their energies and spirit, he is the inspiration of the team and that is why, at this stage, he is so important to our maintaining the challenge and charge we are undertaking in the second half of the season.

It is not often you come accross this combination of hungry players and hungry management, an equality of will to achieve. We are very privileged to have this within our setup and I too am going to relish the journey.

Oddquinne forget your parochial  thoughts of how the team is being formed what matters is, as you say in a later post the entity that is important. It is worth your appraising Scarlet's post, there now are words of the wisdom that come from age and experience and well worth digesting.