FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary Warren Out for the rest of Season

WYNESS101

I have been an admirer of Devine since he arrived but I think his inexperience showed when he came on Sunday as for 2 if not 3 of the goals he was caught out of position probably by the speed of the Celtic attack and with just having come on to the pitch. Prior to that Warren and Meekings had been keeping a fairly tight rein on the Celtic players.

I also felt that it was a risk playing Warren but the P&J report states it was an ankle injury and Butcher is quoted confirming it ia an ankle injury and saying it was caused in a clash with Meekings.

Yep on the tv Terry says 'he has rolled his ankle' so not connected to the knee injury. You could see it in Gary's face soon as it happened that he knew it wasn't good. Gutted as the big man has been one of the heroes of the season and the others clearly get direction and confidence from him. Challenge for TerryanMo to get the guys in the right frame of mind to deal with it.

Rolled his ankle ma erse - on the box he was holding his knee and the latter hobble was clearly a knee injury. And to think that I got slated fer the comment. But at the end of the day this is as much, if not more, the responsibility of Warren as he must have declared himself fit. If he declared himself less than 100% then that is TB's fault. Cellic was always going to be a no win situation and the bottom line - and hindsight - is that he should not have been risked.

Blow for Warren and he has done so well for us this year, but this gives him an extended break to fully recover - Devine is more than capable and I would suggest if we are in a good position to secure that Euro place we may see Hogg get a few mins during the last home game of the season.

TB probably isnt the only manager to bring a player back too soon if the player said they were fit to play - look at last night!!!