FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Visiting from England

Hi Guys

Me and the missus are up your way on holiday when you play Hearts on the 31st August. We are both Watford season ticket holders and follow our team to 5 or so away matches.
Now as we are on holiday, we fancied coming to watch some footie... Would we be welcome as English at your ground, and if so would it be alright to sit in the home end behind the goal, or better to sit in the main stand.
At Watford we sit in the Rookery End which is solely home supporters, but as we would be guests who have no affiliation to any Scottish team who want to come and cheer you guys on... would it be safe?
With respect

Gary

"...would it be safe?"

:crazy:  :lol:  :lol:

Scottish football (excluding the old firm) is very friendly, you'll have a good time.  North Stand behind the goals no bother.

Just remember don't go over the bridge.  Unless you've had your jabs.

And watch out for IHE.  :amazed:

• Agree 2

Not really any pubs near the ground.

I stay in Glasgow so tend to mostly make away games but The Caley Club in town is good before (and after) the game, they run a bus to the ground, doesn't take long.

Some of the regular home attendees will be along soon to keep you right I'm sure.

• Agree 1

Cool mate!
We just want a proper match day experience with real fans... cant stand the plastic sort of Manchester United thing... I suppose yours is the Old Firm... there is an Irish Club in Watford that we park in on match days, they still look at us funny if we pop in for a beer after a game if Celtic are playing... and none of them have ever been as far as Im aware.
Looking forward to coming now, having a chat about football and stuff and enjoying the game

• Agree 1

You'll be welcomed and looked after I'm sure. I've been travelling to see ICT from Coventry Nil for many years. Great people, great fans, great club. But be warned though, its addictive...I went in the Highland League days of Caledonian FC and kept going back for more. There'll be no trouble and you can mix with other fans for sure. We don't get many fans..you're looking at 3500+ for Hearts and sometimes we sing so loud you can hear us from the half way line  :wink:

• Agree 3

There is a feckin initiation process to go through - especially fer Hornets - basically all of you will have to wear Luton Town tops fer the day, have henna tattoos on yer erses saying We love Don Cowie and any feckin thing Italian - and ya can put some double voddies and coke on ma slate at the Innes Bar. If ya play darts ya will love it there.

You guys are awesome....
Not sure about the Scum shirt, defo dont mind the hating Don Cowie thing... and would it be ok to add Malky MaKay to the henna tattoo as we are not overly fond of him either?
And Mr IHE.. are you wearing the County strip when I do my initiation? You could do it down London or something?

Edited by merchandiseman41
  • Agree 1

You've gotta go and  gear up for a good time . It'll be great, mun.

Golly, gosh, have you seen that lovely picture of our ground on the main site. Will get your galoshes galloping so it will . But stop just before you enter the Moray Firth just by the entrance to the park because it could be cold at that time of year. Chilly for June , like. :smile:

Heh! And this may be your only chance to wear a kilt 'afore ye die. So....make the most of it and ,,,,,ENJOY the RIDE.

S.P.