FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should we build a fourth stand

Caol jag

It would even be possibly to include permanent facilities for cameras whilst also helping to stop free 'sightseeing' old firm fans watching the game.

That's one of my ideas....a bespoke "media zone" utilising the space where the gantry is at the moment.  Ground floor would be a small and simple theatre/studio type room for post match press conference etc.  First floor would be a press area for reporters, radio broadcasters etc and on top a camera gantry.

However, I appreciate this is a bit of a pipe dream a even a simple structure like that has a cost in the 10's of thousands and wouldn't do anything to recoup the outlay.

The two level structure could be continued on either side with the ground floor being utilised for office space (or whatever) and first floor could have a couple of boxes and/or a young families zone....for parents with really young kids who want to attend games without the worry of having to keep them seated and crying etc upsetting others around them....something akin to a creche I suppose where kids could be allowed to have toys and things whilst parents could watch the game.

Again though, it falls into the category of "nice to have" and whilst there's scope to recoup at least some of the outlay...you need the money to outlay in the first place and there's a whole list of other things that need spending on before we get anywhere near investing in the nice to haves.

It would even be possibly to include permanent facilities for cameras whilst also helping to stop free 'sightseeing' old firm fans watching the game.

That's one of my ideas....a bespoke "media zone" utilising the space where the gantry is at the moment.  Ground floor would be a small and simple theatre/studio type room for post match press conference etc.  First floor would be a press area for reporters, radio broadcasters etc and on top a camera gantry.

However, I appreciate this is a bit of a pipe dream a even a simple structure like that has a cost in the 10's of thousands and wouldn't do anything to recoup the outlay.

The two level structure could be continued on either side with the ground floor being utilised for office space (or whatever) and first floor could have a couple of boxes and/or a young families zone....for parents with really young kids who want to attend games without the worry of having to keep them seated and crying etc upsetting others around them....something akin to a creche I suppose where kids could be allowed to have toys and things whilst parents could watch the game.

Again though, it falls into the category of "nice to have" and whilst there's scope to recoup at least some of the outlay...you need the money to outlay in the first place and there's a whole list of other things that need spending on before we get anywhere near investing in the nice to haves.

That would be outstanding!

well our attendances have gone up so far even just from the different games this season then when we get top 6 this season then we will be able to put that money towards it also if need be we can let other teams to use it for their fans if they are gonna bring up a lot

Well let me see.... Mercury? Venus? Mars? Jupiter? Neptune? From whichever one it is, hopefully you can make out the following observations.

* Possibly partly due to a fairly large away support, the current capacity of the TCS (7700) was yesterday more than HALF full for the first time this season. Last season's average gate equates to about 200 above 50% capacity.

* Even visits from Celtic now struggle to get the TCS within 1000 of its full capacity.

* ICT has a recent history of modest losses so would hardly be in a position to build this white elephant in the first place. Unless you are proposing a further 30% cut in the player budget?

* In any case the TCS is owned not by the club but by the ICT Trust who have just as good a grip of reality as the board has.

* There is indeed a gas main in that neck of the woods which would necessitate the extra expense of a gadget known as a cantilever if a stand were ever to go over there.

* The design of the current main stand is the result of multiple constraints placed on the design of the original stadium by an extremely tight budget back in the mid 90s. This in turn was largely due to the requirement to build a £1.3M road - plus cycle path which I have never in my life seen a cyclist use, despite the fact that the blighters constantly whinge on about cyclists' rights and getting more cycle tracks!!

I really thought this subject had been done to death years ago!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

well our attendances have gone up so far even just from the different games this season then when we get top 6 this season then we will be able to put that money towards it also if need be we can let other teams to use it for their fans if they are gonna bring up a lot

Well let me see.... Mercury? Venus? Mars? Jupiter? Neptune? From whichever one it is, hopefully you can make out the following observations.

* Possibly partly due to a fairly large away support, the current capacity of the TCS (7700) was yesterday more than HALF full for the first time this season. Last season's average gate equates to about 200 above 50% capacity.

* Even visits from Celtic now struggle to get the TCS within 1000 of its full capacity.

* ICT has a recent history of modest losses so would hardly be in a position to build this white elephant in the first place. Unless you are proposing a further 30% cut in the player budget?

* In any case the TCS is owned not by the club but by the ICT Trust who have just as good a grip of reality as the board has.

* There is indeed a gas main in that neck of the woods which would necessitate the extra expense of a gadget known as a cantilever if a stand were ever to go over there.

* The design of the current main stand is the result of multiple constraints placed on the design of the original stadium by an extremely tight budget back in the mid 90s. This in turn was largely due to the requirement to build a £1.3M road - plus cycle path which I have never in my life seen a cyclist use, despite the fact that the blighters constantly whinge on about cyclists' rights and getting more cycle tracks!!

I really thought this subject had been done to death years ago!

I cycled to the game on Saturday, I never even knew there was a cycle path. Where is it?

Even large advertising billboards on each side of the tv gantry .

If I was an advertiser and looking to spend the kind of money that would be asked for a large advertising board like that then I wouldn't want it on that side of the ground where it's not going to be picked up by the TV cameras.

Well, the Tommy Chisholm stand sounds good to me. Tommy, you will have studied the finances of Scottish football, noticed the lack of a league sponsor this year, noticed attendances not linked to top of the league expectations, so to suggest you will raise the cash for a fourth stand is honorable. In addition for you then to raise money each year for maintenance is even better. Are you a philanthropist or just a lottery winner looking to put something back into the city?

I doubt we will ever see a fourth stand at TCS, our stadium was thrown up without any consideration to the fans due to the need to get SPL football in Inverness after our time at pittodrie

Due to the temporary nature of our north and south stands I still live in hope that the TCS is a temporary hone that another site will be identified in the not too far off distant future where we can call our permanent home

I stand by my argument that a stadium within Inverness and not on the outskirts will add hundreds to our home attendance

Dougal

I cycled to the game on Saturday, I never even knew there was a cycle path. Where is it?

It runs all the way round the Firth side of Stadium Road, between the "rocks" and the road opposite the stadium but also well past it because the original road which the Council specified was then extended by them to provide a vital link between the Kessock Bridge roundabout and the harbour.

From that point of view the £900,000 which Inverness District Council pledged in 1995 but got their knickers so much in a twist over that it was only paid by Highland Council from the Common Good after they took over in 96, has been paid back to the community many times over by the amenity of that road.

So it seems, Fraz, that you are one of the very small number of fans to cycle to games at the TCS. In that case I wonder if you parked your bike in one of the "64 cycle racks (Sheffield Style)" which the Council specified as one of the planning conditions for the stadium!!

Oh, and I see our old chum Doogie has emerged once more from his blue and white phone box on Telford Street in post #35. And once again he has us all wondering whether he simply hasn't got a clue as to what the reality of the facts was or whether this is just another of his woefully naive attempts at retrospective revisionism?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

It runs all the way round the Firth side of Stadium Road, between the "rocks" and the road opposite the stadium but also well past it because the original road which the Council specified was then extended by them to provide a vital link between the Kessock Bridge roundabout and the harbour.

From that point of view the £900,000 which Inverness District Council pledged in 1995 but got their knickers so much in a twist over that it was only paid by Highland Council from the Common Good after they took over in 96, has been paid back to the community many times over by the amenity of that road.

So it seems, Fraz, that you are one of the very small number of fans to cycle to games at the TCS. In that case I wonder if you parked your bike in one of the "64 cycle racks (Sheffield Style)" which the Council specified as one of the planning conditions for the stadium!!

Oh, and I see our old chum Doogie has emerged once more from his blue and white phone box on Telford Street in post #35. And once again he has us all wondering whether he simply hasn't got a clue as to what the reality of the facts was or whether this is just another of his woefully naive attempts at retrospective revisionism?

I see, is it not overgrown with bushes? I've just started cycling there to avoid the parking malarky and to burn of a few calories. Seems I made a good choice given the traffic issues! Cycle racks?  :furtive:  Chained to lamp post outside the north stand I'm afraid.  :lol: I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it. Could put it behind reception I guess.

I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it.

Not only have I seen countless water bottles allowed into the ground, I've often seen them being thrown onto the pitch, without punishment!

• Agree 1

I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it.

Not only have I seen countless water bottles allowed into the ground, I've often seen them being thrown onto the pitch, without punishment!

I wasn't permitted last time and when my wife and I took our 8 week old daughter we had to get the supervisor over to give us permission to take the baby bottle in! Strangely metal studded football boots and a metal bicycle pump are fine.   :blink:

I see, is it not overgrown with bushes? I've just started cycling there to avoid the parking malarky and to burn of a few calories. Seems I made a good choice given the traffic issues! Cycle racks?  :furtive:  Chained to lamp post outside the north stand I'm afraid.  :lol: I can't even take my water bottle with me though as I wouldn't be allowed in the ground with it. Could put it behind reception I guess.

No, it's the strip of metalling right beside the firth, parallel to the road. Actually I'm not totally convinced that the club ever did fulfil the planning requirement about the cycle racks but I'd better not say any more since there may be some Council Jobsworth reading this!

And I do take your point about the "parking malarky", given that the police have pledged to get tough on people parking harmlessly on the verge beside the road.

In complete contrast, anyone attending Ness Bank Church on a Sunday morning can seemingly park anywhere they like actually ON the road and irrespective of the traffic chaos this causes along the Haugh and Castle Road.

• Agree 1

How the feck are ya supposed to cycle from the feckin Innes after a few aperitifs ?!! The bottom line is that we need a smaller, more compact ground - 7000 capacity max - in a site which is more user friendly - the traffic on Saturday was absolutely ridiculous.

• Agree 1

It would be good to see the West Terrace back in use as a Terrace. There is absolutely no safety argument against a four tier terrace that stands up to any rational scrutiny, there is no legal issue with it - just a policy issue within Scottish Football. 

Even large advertising billboards on each side of the tv gantry .

Large ICT banners on 2 sides and advertising on one to cover the cost of getting the banners made. Mesh printed banners should deal with the wind without issues. 

Edited by skifreak
  • Agree 1

Boost the crowd numbers? Why not ground share over the bridge...it's always full* attendances there.

*Before you make any binding decision to move your business to Dingwall please note that attendances are not audited,, not guaranteed and fluctuate according to the number of eyes through the turnstiles. Allegedly..

I doubt we will ever see a fourth stand at TCS, our stadium was thrown up without any consideration to the fans due to the need to get SPL football in Inverness after our time at pittodrie

Due to the temporary nature of our north and south stands I still live in hope that the TCS is a temporary hone that another site will be identified in the not too far off distant future where we can call our permanent home

I stand by my argument that a stadium within Inverness and not on the outskirts will add hundreds to our home attendance

Dougal

Yes, but its thousands we would need to add if we were to have a fourth stand or a new location.

Personally I don't like the ground or it's location but I do like the team.  Spend money now on major ground changes and that would be at the expense of the team.  We just need to make the best of what we've got.

• Agree 1