FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

All To Play For

Kingsmills

I think we'll at least get past the quarters, making it to the final will be very difficult depending on who we get in the next round(s). Hopefully we can get someone from the lower leagues again and beat them in the quarters. In the semis (if we make it) I reckon it'll be a tougher side. I'm hoping some other lower league teams will knock out others from the Premiership tomorrow night, Aberdeen would do nicely! I think we can do it but it is a case of how well we play up until then and on the night itself. This could be our year, we've waited long enough so why not! :ictscarf:

Looking at whats on the table from the lower leagues I wouldnt be thinking of getting to final or even winning a trophy till it happens. All the so called lower teams are Championship and formidable opponents in cup games. It could also turn out that the last eight are SPL + Morton and the run in after the quarters will be tough. Think our best chance is for a home tie against whoever next round.

• Agree 1

Agree with Alex, and if we are now bookies favourite as mentioned in the Dundee thread then that makes it psychologically harder - we have the weight of expectation whilst every team we meet will want to put out the favourites. Every one a potential Morton.

But there is no one there we cannot defeat on our march to cup glory. C'mon ICT!

You'd think it should be. But it never seems to work like that in Scotland.

I can't find any announcement about when the draw will take place, which probably means the SPFL haven't thought about it yet. They'll get round to it next week, I suspect.

The QF ties will be 29/30th October.

I think inexperience was a key factor in the semi final last season. The boys can only come back stronger from that. With Celtic gone it blows the whole competition wide open. If we were to get to the semis again I think we will be much better prepared. We should fear no one left in the competition but we should still be cautious. You just never know in the cup. 

Let's hope for another shock or two tomorrow night to make our task even easier!

You mean a Falkirk, Livi & QoS treble ?   The sponsors will be hoping for 2 of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs in the final, but personally I find it very refreshing that it is wide open now. Good to see the silverware being shared around, and given current form you boys must fancy your chances. 

Just had a look at the odds for the league cup. Aberdeen & Motherwell are at 5/1, we're at 6/1, Dundee United are at 8/1 and Hibs are at 9/1. Hearts at 20/1 and Partick at 16/1 seems a bit strange, IMHO. Full list: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/league-cup/scottish-league-cup/winner

One day they will get the message that we are really not a bad team.  But today is not that day.  In a BBC news report about Morton's win at celtic park, the "journalist" referred to it being a match between the team at the top of the Premier division and the team 2nd bottom of the championship. :amazed:

I take back what I said about the BBC on another thread!

Well its 3-3 with Hearts and Queen of the South, looks like penalties.  So am i right in thinking the next round is seeded and we get the choice of Morton, Aberdeen and Hearts or Queens? and Hibs... Forgot them.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY