FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Unbeaten runs

Yngwie

It's nice to be enjoying a 7 match unbeaten run, which got me thinking about what our longest unbeaten run has been at this level. So I had a look back through this site's results section, and decided to take into account SPL league games only, to ensure a reasonably consistent standard of opposition.

The longest unbeaten run was 11 games in 05/06 during Brewster's 1st spell. This comprised 5 wins and 6 draws between 29/10/05 and 21/1/06.

The next best is 8 games, which we’ve managed 3 times:

1. 06/07 under Christie, which was notable because it suddenly morphed into 9 games without a win.
  2. Early in 12/13, after a defeat to Motherwell we went on a great run which came to a crashing end with the 1-5 v Motherwell.
  3. But then we bounced back immediately with another 8 straight after that shocker. So that game was the only defeat in 16! Later that season we also managed 7 unbeaten.

If you want to consider runs of straight wins in the league, then 5 is the record at this level, which we’ve done twice.

1. 05/06 under Christie, winning all post-split games with clean sheets.
  2. 07/08 under “Brew 2”. I have particularly fond memories of this one because I became a dad after the 3rd win, and then we had all these visitors at the house but I just wanted to watch the televised game v Celtic, which we came back to win 3-2.  Then the following weekend I escaped the nappies for a trip to Tynecastle on a freezing, icy day, and we also won that one 3-2, Bayne in injury time firing past an outfield player in goals. Absolutely magic.

• Agree 2

It's nice to be enjoying a 7 match unbeaten run, which got me thinking about what our longest unbeaten run has been at this level. So I had a look back through this site's results section, and decided to take into account SPL league games only, to ensure a reasonably consistent standard of opposition.

The longest unbeaten run was 11 games in 05/06 during Brewster's 1st spell. This comprised 5 wins and 6 draws between 29/10/05 and 21/1/06.

The next best is 8 games, which we’ve managed 3 times:

1. 06/07 under Christie, which was notable because it suddenly morphed into 9 games without a win.
  2. Early in 12/13, after a defeat to Motherwell we went on a great run which came to a crashing end with the 1-5 v Motherwell.
  3. But then we bounced back immediately with another 8 straight after that shocker. So that game was the only defeat in 16! Later that season we also managed 7 unbeaten.

If you want to consider runs of straight wins in the league, then 5 is the record at this level, which we’ve done twice.

1. 05/06 under Christie, winning all post-split games with clean sheets.
  2. 07/08 under “Brew 2”. I have particularly fond memories of this one because I became a dad after the 3rd win, and then we had all these visitors at the house but I just wanted to watch the televised game v Celtic, which we came back to win 3-2.  Then the following weekend I escaped the nappies for a trip to Tynecastle on a freezing, icy day, and we also won that one 3-2, Bayne in injury time firing past an outfield player in goals. Absolutely magic.

So ye beat the runs at Tynecastle. :smile: