FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Joe Gorman

Wait til Fraz hears about it !!!!

Pure ragin' so I am DC. 

Seriously though, while I do have some sympathy for 'public figures' who's comments will obviously be scrutinised more than others, plus there's always that group of people who just can't wait to be offended by anything and everything. People (particularly younger people) need to realise that if you put your views and opinions, (especially if they're controversial) out there in a public way you have to be prepared people to disagree and respond to that, they don't exist in a vacuum. If those comments are threatening, sectarian, racist then the repercussions can be even more serious.

Employers these days often check potential employee's social media to see what they can find. So while folk might think it's hilarious to tweet that bigoted joke / pic of you getting stoned etc it's maybe not the wisest!

Why?

Because he's a wee bigot .  

Now I'm confused. Are you saying Gorman's 'a wee bigot' or I am?

I was referring to Gorman but if the cap fits .........

So you are implying I'm a bigot? :shrug02:  Please do explain...

Why would Fraz be raging about Gorman being a bigot?

Unsurprisingly, Rangers fans are already busy writing their letters of mock outrage.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=264698&st=20

Some of the comments on that thread are fantastic. Gormans tweet was sheer idiocy but now we're getting a nice smattering of homophobic posts from the Rangers fans. Top stuff.

Edited by RiG

Aye, it was a stupid/naive thing to say but my god what an overreaction by some people. The constant search by each side of the OF for things to be offended by is embarrassing. He is an ICT youth player for fecks sake, do I follow the tweets of, for example, Partick Thistle youth players to see if they might say something that will 'offend' me? No. No, I don't because quite frankly I couldn't care less about what they have to say. I don't really care about what Joe has to say either to be honest I just follow him because he is a youth player at the team I support. People really need to calm down and get a grip.

• Agree 3

Aye, it was a stupid/naive thing to say but my god what an overreaction by some people. The constant search by each side of the OF for things to be offended by is embarrassing. He is an ICT youth player for fecks sake, do I follow the tweets of, for example, Partick Thistle youth players to see if they might say something that will 'offend' me? No. No, I don't because quite frankly I couldn't care less about what they have to say. I don't really care about what Joe has to say either to be honest I just follow him because he is a youth player at the team I support. People really need to calm down and get a grip.

The utter seethe from Sevco fans (no other club's fans strangely enough) is absolutely cringeworthy.  Trying to get the police involved and all sorts.  What a bumbling mess!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

I am not excusing the reaction from fans of other clubs but surely any player whether first team or youth teams must get a basic education on the dos and donts of social media when they join the club.

They probably do but telling a silly boy not to be a silly boy doesn't mean he isn't going to be a silly boy. 

• Agree 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26052601

Inverness have suspended youth player Joseph Gorman pending an investigation into alleged Twitter comments.

Chairman Kenny Cameron said the club acted swiftly over the alleged tweet regarding the Orange Order.

"Following a discussion with the player we confirm that he has been suspended by the club pending an internal disciplinary investigation," he added.

"No further comment will be made until those investigations have been concluded."

Unfortunately, it's the way society is going.

If you make stupid comments like that you leave yourself wide open to being hounded and prosecuted. Leave the bigotry to the west coast, we don't need it elsewhere!

Incredibly naïve, especially as they get media education. Don't want us to be associated with that kind of publicity. It'll be a hard lesson for him to learn - potentially career-ending, not to mention putting his personal safety at risk. Plonker!

• Agree 1

Still waiting for that explanation DC.

I thought you were one of the Union Jack brigade , apologies if I've got the wrong person .

n.

To the best of my knowledge I've never had possession of a Union Jack. Though Rangers were my 'big team' as a teen, no secret, the likes of ICTCHRIS knew me back then. But like many silly teen infatuations I grew out of it when I began to know better. Be hard pushed to be a bigot given I've a Catholic father and a Protestant mother.

Anyway thanks, apology kindly accepted.

I'm not going to ask why you have a picture of his bedroom !

:blush: