FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Let's Get The Numbers Up!

DalgetyBayJaggy

It appears that only 3,500 tickets have been sold so far which to me seems disappointing - only 700 per day on what you would expect to be the busiest days for selling tickets. If we can't get people to support the team now then we never will.

I have a business in the central belt and will happily contribute £1,000 to pay for train and match tickets for 40 school kids and 4 adults. I've been in touch with my old school this morning to organise this.

Surely there must be hundreds of similar businesses around (or with a link to) Inverness that could do the same?

If 50 companies did this then that's another 2,000 youngsters, some of whom just might get hooked on supporting the team. Being in the central belt I'm not connected in the Inverness business community but if anyone does have business contacts can you suggest to them that they do the same?  

• Agree 12

That's an excellent offer, which will be gratefully received by the club and fans!

I know that John Hughes and Russel Latapy met with the Inverness BID on Monday to help encourage business linkups - http://www.invernessbid.co.uk/news/201402/support-your-city-support-inverness-caledonian-thistle-league-cup-final

I'd assume that we are well over the 3,500 mark, since the Highland news article in question was published on Tuesday i.e. when the tickets went on general sale. I'd hope that we'd be over the 5,000 mark by now, especially after our victories v. St Johnstone and Ross County. Payday has also arrive for many today, which could result in a little spurt of sales. 

Our support is what it is and I applaud anyone that is boosting it such as the OP. He has my thanks. Shifting 700 on restricted (ST holders etc.) days just before the end of the month is not bad going for us at all. Like Ross, I would reckon on a boost over the next few days and then we'll get a clearer picture of where we are. I still think 10K might not be far wide of the mark, but then I clap happy!

That's an excellent offer, which will be gratefully received by the club and fans!

I know that John Hughes and Russel Latapy met with the Inverness BID on Monday to help encourage business linkups - http://www.invernessbid.co.uk/news/201402/support-your-city-support-inverness-caledonian-thistle-league-cup-final

I'd assume that we are well over the 3,500 mark, since the Highland news article in question was published on Tuesday i.e. when the tickets went on general sale. I'd hope that we'd be over the 5,000 mark by now, especially after our victories v. St Johnstone and Ross County. Payday has also arrive for many today, which could result in a little spurt of sales. 

think this is a more accurate accessment of sales???

If fans are gauranteed a seat on a bus they are more likely to buy tickets for the final. At the moment buses seem to be in short supply although the supporter trust are doing their best to increase the number. It's great to get younger fans down to the final but they usually need to be taken by an adult . The trains don't suit everyone with the walking involved. Ok I sound a bit negative but more buses will probably increase ticket sales and boost our crowd. ( rant over c'mon ICT )

• Agree 1

It does seem odd to me that it is so difficult to get buses organised. Is this because of a physical shortage of buses or are the bus companies are trying to cash in and overcharge? If this is the case then shame on them.

I do agree that if people have an easy and definite travel option then they're much more likely to commit to going.

If this was a final v. a central belt club, then I reckon there'd be no bother with arranging enough buses. But as the Dons have a large support attending and had 24hours further notice than us of their place in the final, there will have been a huge uptake of buses from the north being booked out by Dons fans. 

The only other option is getting buses to drive from the central belt Sunday AM, to pick up fans from Inverness, to then go back to Glasgow, then back up to Inverness to then go back to central belt again. All this will make the cost of bus travel much more expensive than normal away games. Would we be able to fill a bus at £30-50 pp with no child discounts? I'm not so sure...

• Agree 2

I rang up to get 6 on Tuesday afternoon and it took me about 20 minutes of recalling to get through to the ticket office so it must be busy. Remember there is still 2 weeks until the game so if half of the initial allocation has gone then it may not take long now the general sale is in full swing to move to the original allocation and hopefully beyond. If people want to miss this massive occasion then that is there loss, great if we can get a big crowd but ive got mine so bring on the big day  

• Agree 1

Great to hear of fans doing that extra bit for the city and club.

I thinking we could all do a little bit more. Whether its speaking to your boss and seeing how they can promote the club to getting a few more along to any games and its only £5 for a child for the quarter finals in a weeks time

Its us to us to be flying the flag for ICT.

If this was a final v. a central belt club, then I reckon there'd be no bother with arranging enough buses. But as the Dons have a large support attending and had 24hours further notice than us of their place in the final, there will have been a huge uptake of buses from the north being booked out by Dons fans. 

The only other option is getting buses to drive from the central belt Sunday AM, to pick up fans from Inverness, to then go back to Glasgow, then back up to Inverness to then go back to central belt again. All this will make the cost of bus travel much more expensive than normal away games. Would we be able to fill a bus at £30-50 pp with no child discounts? I'm not so sure...

Ross this is spot on! Train still has plenty of seats so come on guys get booking them!

12th Man

Re the buses : there is wear and tear on the buses and the drivers plus costs of gasoline and the need to make a profit  so discounting deeply for such a trip is hardly a feasible proposition to them I would imagine.

It is, after all, a business and the same criticism might also be levelled at individuals for not offering to take several people in their cars .If you get my drift?

Apart from the very big operators, indeed because of the big operators, bus companies tend to run on small margins an have little spare capacity in their fleets and often pay their drivers enhanced rates at the weekend especially on Sundays.

Can't rely ask these businesses to ferry hundreds of fans to and from Glasgow at a loss.

I've to still get my tickets. Waiting to find out if my sons can both come. One is meant to start a new job getting trained in Stoke on Monday morning, and might be getting flown down from Inverness to Birmingham on Sunday. My other lad is meant to be working until noon on the day because his boss is away on holiday, but he is trying to arrange starting work at midnight and not 5am. 

Hoping its 6 of us going. 

Whats the difference between a business giving away ie £200 to go towards a bus and a bus co reducing £200 from the bill to help the local community.

I would suggest only the size of the business. For a company like Tulloch Homes who have helped with the 3 extra buses, it could well be within their general advertising budget for the year so makes good sense as they could get more publicity out of it than for the same cost in normal media adverts. For the bus company itself, especially one of the smaller ones, it may be the difference between a successful year or not.

Whats the difference between a business giving away ie £200 to go towards a bus and a bus co reducing £200 from the bill to help the local community.

Far more than £200 to subsidise a bus at the rates the buses are going at now.

I wouldn't really blame the bus companies now that all local buses are gone. It's probably not cheap to bring in a bus from far afield by the time you bring in a driver, fuel the company they source the extra buses from will want their cut etc etc...

Personally I think the club and CJT have done extremely well to secure 13 buses and two trains at relatively short notice. Companies like D&E will have the biggest portion of their fleet already earmarked months and possibly years in advance. They may hold a few for short notice hire but they certainly wouldn't want large numbers of coaches sitting in the pound not making money. On the point of subsidy I dont think we should expect any more from D&E than they already do for the club.

On the point of availability os seats I'd reckon that, taking all seats available into account, there will be quite a few empty. Is there really such a difference between taking bus and taking train? I'd be happy with either. In fact I'd probably prefer the train. Get to Glasgow by whatever means and join the party. Wish I had the problem of working out how to get there. As it is I'll be working.

• Agree 2