FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Accies

Renegade

Draper's out for this one remember.

I'd go with something akin to what we did after Mckay and Christie came on yesterday -

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Tansey

Vincent---------Shinnie

Christie

Mckay Watkins

Subs - Esson, Ross, Devine, Sekajja, Doran, Polworth, Williams

Is he ? I know he has now hit the threshold for a suspension, but don't those take a week or so come into effect when they are accrued over a number of matches ? Have to wait until Thursday when the new disciplinary list is published to be sure whether it is the Accies game or another he will be out for.

• Agree 1

I'll avoid picking Drapes for the timebeing.

Brill

Vincent Williams Tansey Shinnie

Watkins

Mckay

Bench: Esson, Devine, Ross, Polworth, Christie, Doran, Sekajja

Edited by Rival

Brill

Tansey Shinnie

Doran         Vincent            Christie  

Watkins

Subs - Esson, Devine, Polworth, Ross, Mackay, Ibra   

Meekings will make his 100th league appearance on Saturday - joining Nick Ross, Ryan Esson, Graeme Shinne, Richie Foran, Aaron Doran and Billy McKay as current players who've hit that milestone.

It's a commendable achievement and the fact we've six other players who've done it shouldn't detract from that.

Having 'so many' guys at once simply reflects the stability and continuity within the playing squad that seems to be paying dividends at present.

I'm not going to look-into-it, but I can't imagine any other top-flight club currently having seven players with a century of caps.

Well done Josh!

Edited by Sneckboy

Meekings will make his 100th league appearance on Saturday - joining Nick Ross, Ryan Esson, Graeme Shinne, Richie Foran, Aaron Doran and Billy McKay as current players who've hit that milestone.

It's a commendable achievement and the fact we've six other players who've done it shouldn't detract from that.

Having 'so many' guys at once simply reflects the stability and continuity within the playing squad that seems to be paying dividends at present.

I'm not going to look-into-it, but I can't imagine any other top-flight club currently having seven players with a century of caps.

Well done Josh!

Do you think he will be made captain for the day certainly deserves it one of our most consistent performers

• Agree 1

Well done Josh!

Do you think he will be made captain for the day certainly deserves it one of our most consistent performers

Not a chance. Shinnie is the captain and it will stay that way on Saturday.

Is he ? I know he has now hit the threshold for a suspension, but don't those take a week or so come into effect when they are accrued over a number of matches ? Have to wait until Thursday when the new disciplinary list is published to be sure whether it is the Accies game or another he will be out for.

Just checked the SFA site and confirmed Draper's suspension is one match from 15/11 so he is OK for Accies but misses the Motherwell game.

I see that commentary on two teams fighting for top spot in the Premier league does not have the importance of two Championship teams in the eyes of the BBC

Seems we are relegated to O A M. again aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

After tonight's result, tomorrow's game is the undisputed key fixture in Scotland - either ICT or Hamilton will go top of the Premiership on Saturday evening.

Motherwell winning tonight defintely a good result for us.

As for Draper being available and also reading the article about Mckay yesterday I'm going to revise my team I posted above:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Draper

Watkins Vincent Tansey Williams

Mckay

Is a 4-3-3 with three striker something that could be looked at, to have right go at Accies, essentially trying to overpower them?

Something like this - 

Brill

Draper Tansey Shinnie

Sekajja Mckay Watkins

Subs - Esson, Devine, Ross, Doran, Vincent, Christie, Williams

• Agree 1

Is a 4-3-3 with three striker something that could be looked at, to have right go at Accies, essentially trying to overpower them?

Something like this -

Brill

Draper Tansey Shinnie

Sekajja Mckay Watkins

Like this idea but swap shinnie for Tremarco and put doran left centre. What an attacking force that would be. Set out our intent to play attack at home.

Proctor has penned an excellent preview for you in the run up to today's game :clapoverhead:

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/previews-2014-15/inverness-ct-v-hamilton-spfl-r1201

"Caley Thistle have been effective in shutting out attacking opposition so far this season, having only conceded 10 goals in 13 games. Hamilton are not only flying high in the SPFL; their players occupy 1st, 2nd and joint 3rd in the leagues top scorers table. Saturday will be a test for the Accies goal machines.

Something like this - 

Brill

Draper Tansey Shinnie

Sekajja Mckay Watkins

A really innovative line up - I like it! Even with that team, look how strong our bench is. Cover and options in abundance!

Something like this - 

Brill

Draper Tansey Shinnie

Sekajja Mckay Watkins

A really innovative line up - I like it! Even with that team, look how strong our bench is. Cover and options in abundance!

Much as I'd like to see Sekajja start....in reality it should be Christie in that line up behind Mckay and Watkins.

It is a strong bench with options to hold with Vincent and Christie or attack with Sekijja and Doran depending on the way the game is going and whether we fancy improving our goal difference!

With Dundee U losing last night we have a chance to go top for a day and perhaps longer if the Dons can hold Celtic