FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Dundee U.

Guest Shaun

Guest Shaun

With Semi hero Raven sent off, we will need a reshuffle of the defence but I would go with same as today with Shinnie replacing Raven at RB and Tremarco at LB.

Esson; Shinnie, Meekings, Warren, Tremarco; Doran, Tansey, Vincent, Williams; Watkins and Ofere.

Edited by Shaun

With Semi hero Raven sent off, we will need a reshuffle of the defence but I would go with same as today with Shinnie replacing Raven at RB and Tremarco at LB.

Esson; Shinnie, Meekings, Warren, Tremarco; Doran, Tansey, Vincent, Williams; Watkins and Ofere.

Had you been at the game today you'd have seen that we lacked an attacking, direct threat big time.  Draper should also get his place back.

Time to go back to two out and out wingers and bring Christie back in I reckon.

Esson

Shinnie Warren Meekings Tremarco

Draper 

Tansey-----Christie

Doran-----------------------Watkins

Ofere

Subs - Mackay, Devine, Williams, Ross, Vincent, Polworth, Kink

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Chance to give Devine some game time and move Josh over to RB.

Esson

Meekings. Warren. Devine. Shinnie

Draper. Tansey

Watkins. Christie. Williams

Ofere

Agreed good chance for Devine to get a game.

Draper back in for def.

I say back to old school 4-4-2 and let's actually try and win a game.

I felt the 4-4-2 formation we used against Celtic worked that day, but for it to work again we need to have Draper in the middle (or Foran if he ever comes back).  As good as Danny Williams is, he isn't the midfield enforcer that we need in the set-up to make it work.

Esson

Doran Meekings Warren Shinnie

Draper Tansey

Williams Christie Watkins

Ofere

Yogi said a few weeks ago in a interview that he was planning on putting Doran on as a wing back. Both Doran and Shinnie bombing down the wings in support might be worth a try???

I don't think this is the game to be trying out such radical changes for players and Doran is not a defender. He is far better as an attacking option. This is quite simply, a game we must win and if it means winning ugly then that has to happen. two more wins would seal third place I think so let's start tonight.

Yogi said a few weeks ago in a interview that he was planning on putting Doran on as a wing back. Both Doran and Shinnie bombing down the wings in support might be worth a try???

I suspect that Watkins would be better suited to the role.  I do recollect Danny Williams having a decent game at left-back last season so that's another option.

Guest Shaun

I don't think this is the game to be trying out such radical changes for players and Doran is not a defender. He is far better as an attacking option. This is quite simply, a game we must win and if it means winning ugly then that has to happen. two more wins would seal third place I think so let's start tonight.

I disagree regarding being "must win", must not lose yes. A win would be nice though as it virtually guarantees Europe.

It's a good dilemma to have, when Doran, Vincent and Devine have all got 90+ minutes under their belt in the last two games where we have had fairly positive results.

Depending how the result(s) go on Saturday we could end up with 2 games left where we could rest up players like Shinnie, Esson, Meekings, Tansey, Ofere, Watkins, Williams et al who have played pretty much every game going recently. Raven and Draper have benefited from a wee break after suspensions, but others could also be due a rest.

Edited by RossP