FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialists

I presume JJ Hooper is not going to be offered a deal as his extra week ended last week (I think).

Is he not in the training picture from today?

https://instagram.com/p/5JvFx3Ma4M/

Studying the picture, I don't see him there.  I did focus in on the guy in blue in the middle, but it's not him.

In fact, I'm not sure who that is.  I don't think it's Wedderburn either so I can only presume it's some trialist we don't know about yet.

Couldn't help but notice that Owain Fon Williams has new followers on twitter...namely David Raven, Greg Tansey & James Vincent. I think we have a new goalie...

http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/thread/4324/owain-fon-williams-spl-europe

I didn't care for the post from the second chap in that link:
"
Maybe if he does well up there one of the big Scottish clubs or a champ side will come in for him in Jan."

But the next guy put him in his place for us:

"Great club Inverness , when working up there used to go watch them play, bit cold mind but great town.

Good experience for the lad and maybe regular game time .

Inverness are one of the big clubs up there, 3 last season"

He forgot to mention we won the cup and playing are European football but still good work Taff!

That'll be him signed then.  So today we sign a new goalkeeper and insert him into the squad list......but don't announce he's signed, on the same day we announce we won't sell our own shirts.  We're a strange club sometimes.

That'll be him signed then.  So today we sign a new goalkeeper and insert him into the squad list......but don't announce he's signed, on the same day we announce we won't sell our own shirts.  We're a strange club sometimes.

There are advantages to keeping transfer dealings secret.

I take it Norburn isn't signing up either then.  I thought he looked a player actually.

I recollect Yogi saying in an interview that he wanted a keeper, another defender, another midfielder and two strikers.  This was after Wedderburn signed.  So far then we a keeper (Fon Williams), a midfielder (Jordan Roberts) and one striker (Dani Lopez).  Presumably then, he's still looking to bring in another defender (probably a full back) and another striker.  I think Lopez has potential, but last night he was crying out for a Mckay/Dargo-esque finisher alongside him IMO.

• Agree 1

I take it Norburn isn't signing up either then.  I thought he looked a player actually.

I recollect Yogi saying in an interview that he wanted a keeper, another defender, another midfielder and two strikers.  This was after Wedderburn signed.  So far then we a keeper (Fon Williams), a midfielder (Jordan Roberts) and one striker (Dani Lopez).  Presumably then, he's still looking to bring in another defender (probably a full back) and another striker.  I think Lopez has potential, but last night he was crying out for a Mckay/Dargo-esque finisher alongside him IMO.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - the squad's starting to take shape in terms of quality and numbers...
An attacker and a left-sided defender would be ideal, although the latter 'don't grow on trees'! Richie Foran is almost like a new signing too, after his lengthy absence. And I can see young Jason Brown featuring on the bench a lot this season and perhaps getting his first-team debut at some stage, perhaps in the League Cup. 

All very well keeping the dealings secret. But that's different to not even announcing it once it's all been signed.

Yes but only before they are secured.

Yes but only before they are secured.

Or when you don't want to give the opposition any more notice than you have to..!

It seems Yogi's keen to have another look at the Belgian player who appeared against Nairn.
I was looking at the rules for the Development League, and clubs are permitted to field trialists in those. (a maximum of 2 in a game)

I'm not sure about the trialist at Nairn.  Sure, he wasn't bad, but we desperately need a finisher.  He was more a Marley Watkins runner-type, not the type of player who'll knock the goals in left, right and centre.

Guest Shaun

I am a bit surprised that John isn't going for loan signings.

I would say that a striker is a must and possibly a left back, maybe a striker in on loan too which would give us 3 Strikers plus Ferguson.

There are plenty Strikers out there that managers will want to get some match time, for example; Bahrudin Atajic of Celtic.

I would say that a striker is a must and possibly a left back, maybe a striker in on loan too which would give us 3 Strikers plus Ferguson.

There are plenty Strikers out there that managers will want to get some match time, for example; Bahrudin Atajic of Celtic.

Atajic left Celtic last year.

Bahrudin Atajic signed for SJK of Finland months ago. 

Given that there is still well over a month and a bit to go on the transfer window, there is still plenty time to fill in the gaps in the squad. In my opinion, the current squad is ready for the Scottish Premiership. 

Any truth that we've signed Andrea Mbyui-Mutombo?

I've heard that.  Seemingly he's agreed a deal and spent the weekend sorting things out at home and will be unveiled this week.  No idea how true that is but that's the story I heard.

Any truth that we've signed Andrea Mbyui-Mutombo?

I guess that would be the nearest we'll get to a "big name" signing! If he does join us maybe we should just refer to him as "Andy" to save time.

Edited by Yngwie

We don't do brevity. We're Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club for flip sake. Must be down to the slower pace of life up in the highlands that central belt pundits always talk about. We have plenty of spare time up here, so don't need to abridge anything.