FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DAB digital radio

Gringo

Does anyone have a portobable (walkman type) DAB Radio? I've been thinking of getting one for the up and coming Highland March as I understand reception is better. However, having had one on loan for a few days I am not overly convinced. They seem to loose their 'signal' a lot and that's down here in the Midlands. I would imagine they are even worse in the Highlands.

Your thoughts and findings would be appreciated.

I got a DAB for a Chrissie pressie.... not a walkman type... conventional style portable radio... it suffered from signal drop-out as well, and even when there was a half decent signal the sound quality was very poor.....

It didn't come all that cheap at around 70 squid.... I managed to exchange it (Dixons/Currys) for a Panasonic Power Blaster - radio/CD/MP3/tape... for about £10 difference in price...  Fantastic sound quality....(about 10 watts per channel)

Not very handy for a Highland March right enough, but still 10 times better than a DAB.... :022:

Gringo - think I have the very thing for you , available from any good military store - the very latest technology ......

[attach=1]

very portable

[attach=2]

and you receive a free mobile phone with it as an extra offer

[attach=3]

:015: Nice gear Scotty, Gringo,yer wasting yer time with portable dab for large swathes of the highlands,(at this monent in time) Inverness should be OK (Johnboy's to tight to fork out for an aerial!!) but once on route ye'll get no DAB reception at all for the most part  :007:

Looks like Scotty's idea could be the one to go for  :015: so much for modern 21st Century technology eh.... :022: :009:

Thanks gang.

(Love to abbriviation of DAB by the way AM.. :015: )