FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

The thing about Horner is that he actually isn't a right back at all, he's a central midfielder. It's no wonder he's getting roasted by better players in their natural position. The scariest thing though is Yogi seems to prefer him in there to Raven, who I don't even know if he has been offered a new deal yet or will be at all.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Having watched some video of the goals, I don't think Tansey should shoulder all the blame for the second goal. Why did Fon Williams stop dead inside his box. Dauda only reached the ball right on the 18 yard line. Williams stopped 6 yards away, had he continued his run he would have reached the ball before the striker. Wrong option taken by Williams after a slightly short pass back. Goal should have been avoidable, firstly from trying to keep possession from an attacking free kick, secondly Tansey's back pass and thirdly and worst of all Fon Williams' reluctance to come out of his box and clear the ball. We are just a mess just now.

I thought much the same upon seeing the replay.  Even if Fon Williams comes out, fouls him and gets sent off, had he done it quick enough it could only have been a free kick.  I'd have said our chances of getting a point would've been much stronger at 1-0 down with ten men, than at 2-0 with eleven.

Edited by Renegade

Aye, just seen the highlights, Mantis called it right!!!

What a load of shyte!

Looking at the 2nd goal again, there is no way Williams is going to commit himself that far out, he was never going to win the ball, And i don't think we would have more chance with 10 men, we would have needed 15 players and a miracle to get a result last night.

That's looking like a team of very average players with low confidence and i hope Yogi can sort them because the next few weeks are going to be very demanding because we can't score goals and we're doing our best to help the other teams score. 

I might be misjudging it but from the replay, it looked like Fon Williams could have done more for the first goal. Walker takes a heavy touch and I think there was an opportunity to dive in and knock the ball away. Easier said than done though. 

In general I think there's too much negativity on here, but saying that, it's often the case on football forums! Losing to Hearts is no disgrace, they've only lost once at home in the league this season. We lost 4-5 of our best players and have been plagued by injuries, so if we were to achieve top 6 it would be a brilliant achievements. On paper, our squad isn't great and we get by on the mentality and style that Hughes has brought to the club. I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I think we have more than enough quality to stay away from the dreaded relegation play-off. While there's some complaints that our style in not exciting enough at the moment, supporting ICT under Hughes, it's the first time I've seen us really dominate teams with an attractive style of football. We desperately need Doran back to add some flair though. 

On another note, having seen the few clips of that Williams lad we signed in midfield, he certainly looks like someone who may have the ability to unlock a defence, so hope he is given at least a good chunk of the Scottish cup tie on Sunday. 

Edited by lightwelter
  • Disagree 1

Last few games the side seem to lack motivation and an urgency to push forward. In the last 10 minutes when the game was over they stepped up the speed of play and was the only time they remotely looked like a side who are the Scottish cup holders .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

C100. He should have committed himself. Look where Dauda gets the ball, right on the 18yard line. Williams could easily have got there, instead he made the pass look worse by checking his run. Williams had stopped a couple of seconds earlier. His fault no question.

50 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

I might be misjudging it but from the replay, it looked like Fon Williams could have done more for the first goal. Walker takes a heavy touch and I think there was an opportunity to dive in and knock the ball away. Easier said than done though. 

Watching the lowlights confirms what we behind the goal thought, and most of the home support couldn't see.

What looks like a piece of genius by Walker in getting across the keeper for a tap in, is in fact a weak attempt at a clearance by Horner, who just puts it on a plate for Walker.

50 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

C100. He should have committed himself. Look where Dauda gets the ball, right on the 18yard line. Williams could easily have got there, instead he made the pass look worse by checking his run. Williams had stopped a couple of seconds earlier. His fault no question.

Jim Calder would have cleared it :wink:

• Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic