FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Glowing in the Dark...

Canada Bob

Sat here in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, twiddling me thumbs, topped up with enough Techneium to run a power station, or at least to have me glowing in the dark for a while... If there's one thing I could say from being on this side of the fence it's "I wish I'd never smoked" so FWIW give it a thought if you smoke, you don't want to be where I find meslef the now, it's a bloody awful feeling I can tell you that.

At least they have a computer here for me to wile a couple of hours away, giving this radioactive stuff time to stick to me bones, me lungs and me other innerds, then they scan me on one of these... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography to see where I'm at, and what I'm up against.

It's like being East Stirling drawn {away} against Celtic, makes you wonder if it's worth putting yer boots on, sigh...

I know this is a bad topic lads, but for Christs sake give it a thought when your buying your next pack of fags, you don't want to be transferred to the team that I find meself on. I just have to say something, to give a warning of what it feels like, 59 it's no age really is it, clawing away like a cat sliding down a blackboard, trying my best to hang on... it helps a bit to get this off me chest, but it would help a lot more if it makes you think about where I went wrong, yea... I'm one of them blokes who thought "it wont happen to me".

Canada Bob.

Keep yer chin Bob mate it can be beaten.  :004: Sorry to hear of your troubles and, yes, tis a warning to all. I chucked um on my 30th birthday after using um since I was 16. I'm now 51 and feeling real good for it. There's still time for you youngsters to kick the weed - besides your running out of places to take a drag these too.

Aw Bob

Stick in there, instead of thinking East Stirling drawn away to the tic, imagine you're Caley Thistle running out at Parkhead in 2000 and get yer boots on  :003: :003: :003:

From a girl who loves to smoke  :005: :018:

Aw Bob

Stick in there, instead of thinking East Stirling drawn away to the tic, imagine you're Caley Thistle running out at Parkhead in 2000 and get yer boots on  :003: :003: :003:

From a girl who loves to smoke  :005: :018:

Yeah, but you smoke some pretty weird stuff, Mee.... before, during and after....!!  :014:

Bob.... we are all thinking about you and seriously wishing you all the best... good that you've got access to a PC...  in this country it's hard to get access to a nurse..!!

Keep us posted mate  :comp01:

Aye hang in there Bob, hope you've got a bet on the ICT tomorrow to cheer you up. It's not true about glowing in the dark is it

Aye, it's true enough, the stuff they pump into you is so strong you're supposed to keep away from kids or pregnant women.

You'd also set of the alarms at airports to, there's that much radiation in you for a while...

What with that and the chemo, not being able to have a pint, well not and keep it down for longer than 2 minutes, then me hair fell

out during this week, it's been a sh*gger of a week, might bring me round if ICT bury Hearts though, I hear they could have 10 men

out the team, mind you, Caley aren't at full strength either, maybe we're all havin' a bad week...

Canada Bob.

Keep yer chin Bob mate it can be beaten.  :004: Sorry to hear of your troubles and, yes, tis a warning to all. I chucked um on my 30th birthday after using um since I was 16. I'm now 51 and feeling real good for it. There's still time for you youngsters to kick the weed - besides your running out of places to take a drag these too.

Thanks Gringo, appreciated, just at a low ebb typing that out at the hospital, I hope it makes at least one person tink though, wish it had been me 43 years ago when I started smoking, it's bad enough that it's put a gun to me yed, it just makes it worse to think that I could have bought Balmoral with what I've spent on ciggys in them 43 years... Good on yer for chucking 'em...  half the time it's just a bleedin habit you don't know yer doing, that's part of the problem, I'm sure I've walked into the news agents on auto pilot to buy me cigs, and been half way doon the street smoking one afore I know what was going on.

Ah well, yer lifes in yer own hands, folks like me only have ourself to blame...

Canada Bob.

Aw Bob Stick in there, instead of thinking East Stirling drawn away to the tic, imagine you're Caley Thistle running out at Parkhead in 2000 and get yer boots on  :003: :003: :003: From a girl who loves to smoke  :005: :018:

Hello Mee... aye, sometimes the outsiders come in, and sure enough I'm not beat yet, I've been out on the January transfer market and signed on a Harley Street Doctor, thank gawd I'd the money to do that, or I'd be relegated to a warmer place for sure  :017:

No one liked a ciggy more than I did... but if I could do owt to warn folks off 'em, I sure as **** would, I just didn't think it could happen to me, too young and stupid most the time, paying for it now though, and not just in £ notes...

All the Best,

Canada Bob.

Yeah, but you smoke some pretty weird stuff, Mee.... before, during and after....!!  :014: Bob.... we are all thinking about you and seriously wishing you all the best... good that you've got access to a PC...  in this country it's hard to get access to a nurse..!!  Keep us posted mate  :comp01:

Hello Johnboy, nice to hear from you, and Thanks for the support, it does make a difference hearing someone cheer you on, when yer flat on yer back on the canvas, I can see why boxers get back on their feet, be hellish if there was nowt but silence, and you knew you were down for the count.

Have a pint for me JB, I'm spittin feathers for a pint, but supping nowt only green tea that the wife keeps brewin for me, I can't stand the stuff, green bleedin tea hey, what have I come too  :007: there's only having a bet that cheers me up, win or lose it gets yer mind off it for a while...

Canada Bob.