Scotty

Inverness CT -V- Queen of the South

Recommended Posts

Pretty sure Robbo himself has said we can now only offer players a few hundred pounds to play for us whereas before we were able to offer well into four figures a week to sign for ICT. That's the price we are paying for dropping out of the top flight and missing out on TV cash. It was hard enough to get players up to Inverness so I feel for Robbo trying to bring in new players on 1/4 of what previous managers used to work with.

Sadly our fans seem to be drifting away quicker than snow off a dyke which is very concerning and isn't going to help the budget that Robertson has to work with.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Sadly our fans seem to be drifting away quicker than snow off a dyke which is very concerning and isn't going to help the budget that Robertson has to work with.

Unfortunately there is a general lack of positivity around the club with match days currently not being any form of experience (this has been the case for a number of years not just the past couple).

Whilst scale of attendance for atmosphere has an impact, attending a game has now become a pretty soulless experience and I find it hard to get anyone to want to come to the game even when there is a free ticket going.

The negativity (this is meant at a global level and is not directed at the board, team or fans specifically) also means that there is little business benefit in investing within the club (e.g. hospitality).

Somethings needs to be done to change this before there is any chance of improving attendances or getting additional investment. If you consider existing major shareholders, they all seem to have issues with each other which limits any chance of them working together to improve things.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, Agent N said:

Also thought Walsh was good today and could go on to be a major player for us in the future. At times Polworth seemed to be up for the challenge then  loose interest and was needlessly booked for kicking the ball away.  

Brad Mckay was exploiting space down the right hand side of the pitch until we scored then went deep into our own half allowing QoS space to attack

We were unlucky on a couple of accasions hitting the woodwork but seemed to have no idea regarding changing things to try to create chances.  

Maybe its time for fresh ideas and a  clear out of backroom staff, too many explayers taking a living from ICT with no end product.

Also should we consider ditching the development/youth teams,  there is not much coming through and the money coild be spent on a striker. Only Polworth in the current line up has come through and and any decent players have to be sold for little or no money.

We had a mass clear out on youth post Butcher/ Yogi I think but to say we have nothing coming through seems counter productive with respect.  Macgregor on the bench has had game time, Daniel Mackay too.  Ryan Fyffe promising center back biding his time, I think Harper is also a product of the youth development.  We need to watch we don't throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water here.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tree said:

Unfortunately there is a general lack of positivity around the club with match days currently not being any form of experience (this has been the case for a number of years not just the past couple).

Whilst scale of attendance for atmosphere has an impact, attending a game has now become a pretty soulless experience and I find it hard to get anyone to want to come to the game even when there is a free ticket going.

The negativity (this is meant at a global level and is not directed at the board, team or fans specifically) also means that there is little business benefit in investing within the club (e.g. hospitality).

Somethings needs to be done to change this before there is any chance of improving attendances or getting additional investment. If you consider existing major shareholders, they all seem to have issues with each other which limits any chance of them working together to improve things.

Quite agree i drove past the Stadium at 12noon last saturday and it was deserted i wondered had i got it wrong and it was an away game 3 hours before KO and no sign of life or any encouragement to turn up early and spend money then there was the Faff on Saturday getting in & out of the sportsbar was nonsense . I really think the mask is slipping with the coaches and none of them have a clue how to change things its 1 game plan no matter what the score is and trying to find the enthusiasm to attend on Saturday is difficult and friends that used to come along to games with us just will not go anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the difficulties discussed we are still competitive on the pitch and the current squad have shown a level of resilience to be competitive. The main on the pitch issues have been highlighted and hopefully will be addressed in due course followed by a climb back up the table. Supporters support during ups and downs has it ever been different. Keep the faith and keep supporting....

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

And we are paying what we can afford to be at the level we are. 6th highest budget in Championship and 6th place.

I'm sure someone on here will have all the figures and statistics for footfall and turnover at clubs - right now we after many years of over-achieving are heading towards where we should be based on the finances and size. Plenty bigger clubs than us have spent years in the Championship with no sign of getting out, so what makes anyone think we are going to be different?

Pretty sure yogi had the 2nd lowest budget whilst in the prem and had us running like a rolls Royce ! Lack of funds is an easy excuse for poor scouting and tactics look at Livi lowest budget in the Spl or Ayr lowest budget in our league ! Better with quality over quantity get rid of as much dead wood as we can i.e. White Austin Trafford Beith and get in a striker!

  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Pretty sure yogi had the 2nd lowest budget whilst in the prem and had us running like a rolls Royce ! Lack of funds is an easy excuse for poor scouting and tactics look at Livi lowest budget in the Spl or Ayr lowest budget in our league ! Better with quality over quantity get rid of as much dead wood as we can i.e. White Austin Trafford Beith and get in a striker!

Not disagreeing but it's long term unsustainable to perform consistently at that level. It will peak and trough as the better players are or the club does the more income is needed to remain at that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not disagreeing but it's long term unsustainable to perform consistently at that level. It will peak and trough as the better players are or the club does the more income is needed to remain at that level.

Will never no now the experiment with foran ruined us we were a comfortable top 6 side till that! Harder to get decent players up now specially from England now there's no exposure in the championship! Still not to late this year if we get a goal scorer in wer decent up till the final third!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Pretty sure yogi had the 2nd lowest budget whilst in the prem and had us running like a rolls Royce ! Lack of funds is an easy excuse for poor scouting and tactics look at Livi lowest budget in the Spl or Ayr lowest budget in our league ! Better with quality over quantity get rid of as much dead wood as we can i.e. White Austin Trafford Beith and get in a striker!

 

I think you have some sort of mystical amount of goals in your mind they should be scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at the current situation from long distance and it depresses and concerns me. ICT just seem a bit rudderless at the moment and in desperate need of some good results - that's stating the obvious I know. We are in grave danger of being cast adrift mid-table (or even worse). The club needs to get the attendances up for a kick-off but it's a double-edged sword - better results and performances = bigger crowds, or hopefully that's the outcome.

:ictscarf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gregor said:

 

I think you have some sort of mystical amount of goals in your mind they should be scoring.

The amount of chances we create they should be well in to double figures our leading scorers 9 goals in all comps pretty bad bud!

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:34 PM, Polo Chick said:

Quite agree i drove past the Stadium at 12noon last saturday and it was deserted i wondered had i got it wrong and it was an away game 3 hours before KO and no sign of life or any encouragement to turn up early and spend money then there was the Faff on Saturday getting in & out of the sportsbar was nonsense . I really think the mask is slipping with the coaches and none of them have a clue how to change things its 1 game plan no matter what the score is and trying to find the enthusiasm to attend on Saturday is difficult and friends that used to come along to games with us just will not go anymore. 

3 hours before a match, and no sign of life! That's not really surprising, I can't think of any clubs where you could turn up that early and expect anything to be happening, not least because the food/beer costs at your average Football/Rugby/Cricket venue tend to be eye-watering. In reality the football is the point of going to the stadium, and nothing else. Caley Mad and I are coming up for Falkirk away in a couple of weeks, and we'll get there quite early, so the Kelpies are probably going to be the height of the pre-match experience (unless CMIB pins me down in a pub for hours)

I like the location of our ground, but if the stadium was closer to the centre of town, it would be closer to people's attention, and attendances might be a little higher, but being in the Championship there is little media profile for the club and so the club is like the stadium...largely out of sight and out of mind. We have punched above our weight somewhat in the past, but to be serious regular players in the top league and Cups takes a fair bit more money on a regular basis than we currently generate. I would definitely argue against ditching the development/youth teams, if anything we need to push that side more, and try to get more youngsters into the side and (and it's not popular) get used to selling them on...we need to become conveyor belt of talent.

On the plus side Walsh is looking like a real star for us, and is probably important for our short term (1-2 seasons) future

Edited by Eagle4Caley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who in their right mind is going to be hanging around TCS 3 hours before kick off?! :laugh: 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, Alan Simpson said:

The amount of chances we create they should be well in to double figures our leading scorers 9 goals in all comps pretty bad bud!

Edited by Gregor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, Alan Simpson said:

The amount of chances we create they should be well in to double figures our leading scorers 9 goals in all comps pretty bad bud!

I think 9 goals from 15 starts is actually pretty decent return .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I think 9 goals from 15 starts is actually pretty decent return .

What's the league stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.